*** The Official Dumbarton V Rangers Match Thread ***

Captain Hilts

Why does it have to be the same level simple really the fans demand the same level 3-0 up or 10 up. Earn your shirt at our club don't just be given it.

Other then being touted as a future prospect and being on the books at Arsenal, what has he done / proven in much game time to deserve a Rangers shirt. Works both ways. He's regularly played - looked average - and been hooked on numerous occasions. Wouldn't say we'd be less likely to fall apart bringing him on than we would had it been one of our boys.

Incidentally, Thompson is a Rangers player, a player on our books. Doesn't matter that he didn't grow up in our academy - although it would be nice to have a team of Rangers supports from Scotland - he's a Rangers player and on our books.

Thompson is not a product of our academy. So taking him out of it maybe hardie. So we currently have 1 player that could possibly come in and do the job. I'll put my trust in warbs tho if he thinks he's ready he'll play most weeks

Not having a go at Warburton at all, Walsh is as good as any winger we have IMO. Counting Waghorn as a striker.

Other then being touted as a future prospect and being on the books at Arsenal, what has he done / proven in much game time to deserve a Rangers shirt. Works both ways. He's regularly played - looked average - and been hooked on numerous occasions. Wouldn't say we'd be less likely to fall apart bringing him on than we would had it been one of our boys.

Incidentally, Thompson is a Rangers player, a player on our books. Doesn't matter that he didn't grow up in our academy - although it would be nice to have a team of Rangers supports from Scotland - he's a Rangers player and on our books.

you do realise that while they are here on loan that they are rangers players too

i dont think hardie is ready yet or will be good enough long term , the 3 loan players have improved our team , i would have liked too see thompson for halliday today , i dont see our youth games but i think the fact we had a bench with no defender on it today tells a story

I think Ball has been a decent addition to the squad, as for the two forwards; I think they are both vastly overrated by many on here, especially the Spurs player. and take potential game time away from a Rangers player. I'd say you could loosely expect them to have improved the squad, though, hardly the first team. Which, after all, is the main point of developing them for EPL teams.

you do realise that while they are here on loan that they are rangers players too

Who owns the player, and which club is likely to reap the rewards of their development. Particularly, as with the two mentioned, they are quite clearly going to be a few years before they are contributing much to a title push at any kind of level.

Training with "the 1st team" does not make them feel as if they are part of "the 1st team".

I have already explained what the reasons are by them being in the "1st team squad".

I apologise if you feel the subuteo comment was snidey, so I'll simplify it by say what you know about football could be written on the back of a postage stamp, with still enough room for the lord's prayer.

I get it you are full of shite and have nothing useful left to say. Your insults are as shite as your logic, but if you want to keep it up may i suggest you pm me any others instead of clogging up the match thread.

I think Ball has been a decent addition to the squad, as for the two forwards; I think they are both vastly overrated by many on here, especially the Spurs player. and take potential game time away from a Rangers player. I'd say you could loosely expect them to have improved the squad, though, hardly the first team. Which, after all, is the main point of developing them for EPL teams.

so you dont think oduwa inproved us on the wings till someone tried too break his ankle , zel has been inconsistent in midfield but i think both have added good depth too the squad which we dont have much of

Aye but they're not really Rangers players and they're not Scottish so they deserve abuse on and off the park :P

Thought Zalalem looked tidy today when he came on, always looking for the ball and his movement off the ball is excellent, for a non-Rangers player.

Would have sent on Hardie rather than Clark if I was nit picking.

I get it you are full of shite and have nothing useful left to say. Your insults are as shite as your logic, but if you want to keep it up may i suggest you pm me any others instead of clogging up the match thread.

Tell me why I would want to chat to an eejit?

Who owns the player, and which club is likely to reap the rewards of their development. Particularly, as with the two mentioned, they are quite clearly going to be a few years before they are contributing much to a title push at any kind of level.

waghorn could keep banging goals in then run down his contract so should we not play him , zel got another assist today so is that not contributing too a title push

Aye but they're not really Rangers players and they're not Scottish so they deserve abuse on and off the park :P

Thought Zalalem looked tidy today when he came on, always looking for the ball and his movement off the ball is excellent, for a non-Rangers player.

hardie wasnt on the bench :pipe: since were nit picking ha ha

so you dont think oduwa inproved us on the wings till someone tried too break his ankle , zel has been inconsistent in midfield but i think both have added good depth too the squad which we dont have much of

I think it is unfortunate Walsh picked up a relatively serious injury as I was hoping he kicked on. We are piss thin on the wings so any squad depth was probably welcome, however, for all the hype, I think that Oduwa for a majority of the time has flattered to deceive and on other occasions has look God awful.

Neither have been remotely good enough to take away twenty minutes from a Rangers youngster when your three-nil up at Dumbarton. That was the original point.

I hope that when we go down this road next year, as we probably shall, then we do a hell of a lot better.

waghorn could keep banging goals in then run down his contract so should we not play him , zel got another assist today so is that not contributing too a title push

Starting to enter into the realms of lunacy and / or being deliberately obtuse. Could say that about any player, although, I'm sure your more than aware of that. Is an assist at stupid-nil up contributing to a title push, if you want me to be equally disingenuous, then no, probably contributing fuck all. Works both ways. Scoring a winner in a title decider against Hibs in a one-nil victory might be. Showed fuck all sign of doing anything like that right enough.

If you'd prefer to see said EPL reserves take the place of 'Rangers players' then more power to yourself.

Starting to enter into the realms of lunacy and / or being deliberately obtuse. Could say that about any player, although, I'm sure your more than aware of that. Is an assist at stupid-nil up contributing to a title push, if you want me to be equally disingenuous, then no, probably contributing fuck all. Works both ways. Scoring a winner in a title decider against Hibs in a one-nil victory might be. Showed fuck all sign of doing anything like that right enough.

If you'd prefer to see said EPL reserves take the place of 'Rangers players' then more power to yourself.

who do you think we have in our youths ?

who do you think we have in our youths ?

I don't think we have an abundance of talent, and I'm not saying we have a whole potential first team at that level waiting to come through, as is the accusation levied against many who make this point; however, I don't think the two loan forwards have done nearly enough to justify a clamber for selection, nor deny one of our boys having a run out. If we were given players who would actually make a telling contribution, being better than a majority of our first team squad, then I'd agree. Would prefer Rangers players to be playing, however, I'd see the justification.

In answer to the question, I'd like to see Hardie and Thompson get a run out. I'd also like to see Walsh given a fair crack after he gets himself fit. Ideally I'd like to see the young goalie get a game or two, however, with Kelly in front of him in the pecking order, that was probably never likely to happen.

your right mate we should have gave hardie 20 mins today and if he never got a hat trick then we would know he wasnt gonna cut it , we should prob send zelalem back tbh and tell wenger too get ox chamberlain or wilshire up or we dont want anyone

I'm sure Dumbarton would have been fucking ecstatic if we had sent Hardie on for 20 minutes and tomorrows headlines would have screamed DUMBARTON 3 - RANGERS 0.

Touch of the Legia Warsaw farce :pipe:

I don't think we have an abundance of talent, and I'm not saying we have a whole potential first team at that level waiting to come through, as is the accusation levied against many who make this point; however, I don't think the two loan forwards have done nearly enough to justify a clamber for selection, nor deny one of our boys having a run out. If we were given players who would actually make a telling contribution, being better than a majority of our first team squad, then I'd agree. Would prefer Rangers players to be playing, however, I'd see the justification.

In answer to the question, I'd like to see Hardie and Thompson get a run out. I'd also like to see Walsh given a fair crack after he gets himself fit. Ideally I'd like to see the young goalie get a game or two, however, with Kelly in front of him in the pecking order, that was probably never likely to happen.

walsh will get a chance when he gets fit , i trust the manager too do what is right for us so when he isnt giving our youths a run out then i believe its because they simply arent ready or good enough

Surely when a player is given a Rangers shirt and a game by the manager he's on the pitch representing the club no more no less. Think it's a bit patronising to think that these players don't appreciate the gravity of playing for Rangers. We are using these players to suit our needs, not developing them for the likes of Arsenal.If Warbs thinks they ain't good enough they'll be sent back.

Trust in the Manager. These are good times and it's only get better