Rangers Confirm Pre-Contract Signings Of Crooks & Windass.

That Andy Holt that all the newspapers seem to be quoting seems like a bit of a pansy. Obviously unfamiliar with how football works and spitting the dummy out. It was alright for them to sweep up Kal Naismith on a free after he left us.

Anyway, glad to see us going about or business efficiently. Should have been doing this 3 and a half years ago.

We didn't offer Naismith a new deal...

Windass and Crooks head north to complete January moves to Rangers

STV
6 January 2016 12:18 GMT
391337-josh-windass-is-a-target-for-rangJosh Windass could be set to complete a January move to Rangers.Steve Paston/EMPICS Sport

Accrington Stanley pair Josh Windass and Matt Crooks are travelling to Glasgow in order to try and complete January moves to Rangers.

The duo, who are out of contract at the end of the season, are set to travel to Scotland after agreeing personal terms with the Ibrox side.

Both were expected to make the move this summer but now Mark Warburton's men may speed up the transfer as they aim to win promotion to the Scottish Premiership.

Should the players move in this transfer window then the English League Two side would secure a transfer fee rather than training compensation, if the duo moved on pre-contract deals at the end of the season.

Harry Forrester and goalkeeper Maciej Gostomski have already joined the Light Blues in the January transfer window.

Accrington owner Andy Holt expressed his displeasure at the Scottish side and FIFA transfer regulations, telling the Lancashire Telegraph: "It's ridiculous. We could lose them for free and Rangers could resell them and take any profit. They could sell them back to England if they wanted to.

"Because they're getting them for free they can offer wages that other team can't offer.

"It's not about the lads' rights to earn a living, I respect that and I like them. It's about what's right and what's wrong.

"They've come a long way at this club, since they've been at Accrington it's transformed them. I don't like the way the rules are set out.

"I don't like the way Rangers have gone about this, not picking the phone up to (Accrington manager) John Coleman. It's not illegal but it's not the way it should be done."

Windass and Crooks head north to complete January moves to Rangers

STV

6 January 2016 12:18 GMT

391337-josh-windass-is-a-target-for-rangJosh Windass could be set to complete a January move to Rangers.Steve Paston/EMPICS Sport

Accrington Stanley pair Josh Windass and Matt Crooks are travelling to Glasgow in order to try and complete January moves to Rangers.

The duo, who are out of contract at the end of the season, are set to travel to Scotland after agreeing personal terms with the Ibrox side.

Both were expected to make the move this summer but now Mark Warburton's men may speed up the transfer as they aim to win promotion to the Scottish Premiership.

Should the players move in this transfer window then the English League Two side would secure a transfer fee rather than training compensation, if the duo moved on pre-contract deals at the end of the season.

Harry Forrester and goalkeeper Maciej Gostomski have already joined the Light Blues in the January transfer window.

Accrington owner Andy Holt expressed his displeasure at the Scottish side and FIFA transfer regulations, telling the Lancashire Telegraph: "It's ridiculous. We could lose them for free and Rangers could resell them and take any profit. They could sell them back to England if they wanted to.

"Because they're getting them for free they can offer wages that other team can't offer.

"It's not about the lads' rights to earn a living, I respect that and I like them. It's about what's right and what's wrong.

"They've come a long way at this club, since they've been at Accrington it's transformed them. I don't like the way the rules are set out.

"I don't like the way Rangers have gone about this, not picking the phone up to (Accrington manager) John Coleman. It's not illegal but it's not the way it should be done."

That last line is hilarious. Moaning about who has contacted the club. That it was the company secretary, not the manager. Have a lot of experience in negotiating international transfers at Accrington, do they?

Warburton isn't fucking about is he? :D

The homework is done - why wait! he has dealt with this the same way he goes about life at Rangers - with confidence, respect and a bit of a swagger.

I hope they turn out to be stars! I really do...

It fucking feels great to be a bear.