Rangers Confirm Pre-Contract Signings Of Crooks & Windass.

These clauses tend to favour the player rather than the club to be honest (tu)

I'm sure Windass and Crooks will be well looked after but in terms of fee (or lack thereof) even taking into account wages, a potential windfall of £3.5million makes good business sense all round IMO. Obviously to attract a bid of that size he'd need to play well, and if he plays well we'll more than likely be in a better position to win more games, more trophies, compete in Europe, and as such be even bettered positioned to extend his stay. Everyone's a winner (tu)

Not that bothered about the clause, Warburton can replace him easily with that sum of money. Remember he got Jota for around a million, Andre Gray for 500k.

Same.

If he does well and we get £3.5M for a player we got for zip then thats fantastic business.

The way things are financially in Scotland we will have no option but to bring in young players, develop them, then move them on for a large profit.

We will benefit on and off the park and the use of the loan market will bolster things too. Just wish we would have got a Warburton type Manager 3 or 4 years ago...

Ooooft! Finally! Such a simple, and seemingly basic clause of a contract yet we have failed to cover this and been stung many a time with such an omission........

Accrington owner will be crying himself to sleep and having a meltdown on Twitter. To be fair, he has every right to be gutted, and I would be too if I were him but he's been acting a bit of a dick. Being a Scottish team we have been screwed over many a time due to the financial gulf so it's good to have a bit of good news for once. The rules are shit but sometimes you need to just suck it up..........

All it means is that we can't refuse any offer of £3.5m or more (Unless it's Liverpool and Suarez where such a clause doesn't matter) clearly it's a much better situation to not have the clause.

Didn't realise that this would be the third club they have played together at :lol:

Shouldn't be any worries about them knowing each others game :)

I don't know if Warburton does it deliberately, looks for more than one player at the same club that can improve the team, just thinking with the 3 Wigan players that came in in the summer

I don't know if Warburton does it deliberately, looks for more than one player at the same club that can improve the team, just thinking with the 3 Wigan players that came in in the summer

My mate just said exactly this he seems to like bring lads in pairs maybe so they feel comfortable moving into a new environment they have a mate as it surely isn't a coincidence.

Just saw an Accrington fan say Kal Naismith didn't make the cut at Rangers but he's a better player than Windass - Sour grapes?

They don't know a great deal about football to be fair.

They cheer when the ball goes in the oppositions net and boo when it goes in their own, that's about it.

Who was the last player we sold for 3.5million.

Gives us some security tbh he could come up light it up n have his head turned by the epl. He has agree however that unless we have a bid of 3.5million for him he will remain at Ibrox.

Albertz or Miller to Wolves?