Rangers Confirm Pre-Contract Signings Of Crooks & Windass.

Release clause doesn't worry me, if he is doing well enough for someone to offer 3.5 mill then you would expect the team to be playing well and be playing in Europe also, if it's a mid table epl club or lower then hopefully he wouldn't be interested and if it's a high end epl club,then you would expect others to be interested as well so you get a bidding war and the price rises. Unless of course, the player only wants to move to a particular club, so there is no competition for his signature.

Who was the last player we sold for 3.5million.

Gives us some security tbh he could come up light it up n have his head turned by the epl. He has agree however that unless we have a bid of 3.5million for him he will remain at Ibrox.

Sold Jelavic for more than that not too long ago. God knows where that money disappeared to though.

Release clause doesn't worry me, if he is doing well enough for someone to offer 3.5 mill then you would expect the team to be playing well and be playing in Europe also, if it's a mid table epl club or lower then hopefully he wouldn't be interested and if it's a high end epl club,then you would expect others to be interested as well so you get a bidding war and the price rises. Unless of course, the player only wants to move to a particular club, so there is no competition for his signature.

how do yo get a bidding war for a fixed price of 3.5million?

Who was the last player we sold for 3.5million.

Gives us some security tbh he could come up light it up n have his head turned by the epl. He has agree however that unless we have a bid of 3.5million for him he will remain at Ibrox.

Don't see how it gives us security tbh. Without it we'd still be able to hold out for market value the usual way. If any decent sized English club comes in for him, that kind of cash isn't much anyway. Can't imagine a negotiation would be all that tough. And he could still leave for less, it's just we'd have to agree to it, just the same as in any other circumstance. Really, it just stacks the cards for the player.

Remember PLG brought in 4 players from Sparta Prague. Guy was a visionary....ha ha

Le Guen was just a poor man's Warburton.

His appointment was the right idea, he just lacked the knowledge, the application and the magic hat to make it work at Rangers.

It goes against MW philosophy. A lean squad with young players being able to see the first team.

If he feels we need these guys in now then fair enough. However paying £500k for players we can get in summer for £50k is obviously not great business on paper.

How much is promotion worth?

It goes against MW philosophy. A lean squad with young players being able to see the first team.

If he feels we need these guys in now then fair enough. However paying £500k for players we can get in summer for £50k is obviously not great business on paper.

How much is promotion worth?

Imagine in the summer if we give Accrington the development fee and then sold Windass straight to Arsenal for £3.5m. Would be cracking business.

I would rather we keep them both for as long as possible and storm to 55 mate. This is about winning not profit.

Chuffed with all of our signings especially that they have all been so fast.

Paying 400k/500k now is quite ideal, it's a basic guarantee if they are sold in a few years their fee will be more than that. It let's us snap them up right now and bed them in for the Prem campaign with more time, also allows us more of a crack for a treble this season considering we're already in a cup final. Trying to play the long game to wait and get them for free could have allowed them to have signed for another club.

how do yo get a bidding war for a fixed price of 3.5million?

The player doesn't have to move for 3.5 million, so if he doesn't demand a move then wouldn't it depend on who made the highest bid?

Your probably correct though,because if he activates the clause he will obviously get a bigger signing on fee.

Don't see how it gives us security tbh. Without it we'd still be able to hold out for market value the usual way. If any decent sized English club comes in for him, that kind of cash isn't much anyway. Can't imagine a negotiation would be all that tough. And he could still leave for less, it's just we'd have to agree to it, just the same as in any other circumstance. Really, it just stacks the cards for the player.

I don't see us accepting less especially if he's doing his job. Of course we could possibly get more but am of the thinking we got him for peanuts, if he goes in 3year time for his release clause then that's cracking business Imo and long overdue strategy

The player doesn't have to move for 3.5 million, so if he doesn't demand a move then wouldn't it depend on who made the highest bid?

Your probably correct though,because if he activates the clause he will obviously get a bigger signing on fee.

if a team come in and bids 3.5million then we must let them speak to him. I don't see a team bidding more than what they need to if they do great. Anyway that's years away yet he's only just arrived hahahaha

I don't see us accepting less especially if he's doing his job. Of course we could possibly get more but am of the thinking we got him for peanuts, if he goes in 3year time for his release clause then that's cracking business Imo and long overdue strategy

It's only great business if he doesn't go on to be worth a lot more than £3.5 million like some of the sellic players sold on. In that case it's good, but at the same time a missed opportunity.

It's a small issue just now, because who knows just now how things will pan out.

Read the scout reports and the one thing that jumped out at me were the facts both these kids have a "physical" tag with them. Not before time. This is one thing we do need without being aggressive. The reports say both are more than capable of holding their own. Looking better by the day. :uk:

No doubt I'll be ripped to shreds for suggesting this, but since we are now financially stable and are getting 2 players for free, and given how the press absolutely do anything to make us look bad. I wonder what the reaction would be if we gave Accrington Stanely a good will gesture - a fraction of the players worth of course, but I think it would be very good publicity for us in a time where everyone is trying to destroy us.

We have had this done to us before, but we decided to go against the grain in football and give a little club a little boost. Would be a lovely gesture I think. But, I guess I'll await the shit storm now.