Rangers Confirm Pre-Contract Signings Of Crooks & Windass.

How highly rated are these guys?

There was English championship clubs looking at them both and they both have been stand-outs for Accrington Stanley as well. There was reports saying Arsenal were scouting Windass but I'm not sure if there's anything in that. From doing some extensive research (YouTube videos) it appears we're making some very shrewd moves.

How highly rated are these guys?

going by the fact MW is on the BBC tomorrow night, I think he is delighted. So I think that bodes well. Going by the papers arsenal were in for these lads as well, so it looks like some people think there future was at a higher level than Accrington.

Ultimately as with all players, it will come down to the lads themselves.

Windass especially is one who will be a good squad player in the top flight. He's probably at a similar standard to Naismith when we first signed him, the difference being we havnt paid almost 3 million pounds for him.

Time will tell, but I think he'll develop into a very good player for us

Rangers will try to land Accrington pair Josh Windass & Matt Crooks six months early after preparing a £400,000 double swoop, PA understands

-Andy Newport twitter

Seems fair as we would pay less when their contracts actually expire. 30k each if wait till summer.

Both on way for medicals today.

Wonder if we'll now push for a transfer in Jan. Really good position to be in (tu)

Press Association saying we are preparing a £400k double swoop to secure them now. Wonder how much difference that is to what we'd have to pay in compensation...

Edit. All answered above doh

Don't imagine we would be paying Accrington the same compensation fee for both as Windass has been there 2 years longer. I would say paying Accrington the remainder of their contracts plus the compensation fee would be a good deal if cheap enough.

Is the compensation due to AS to do with their age and development at that club? as they are out of contract anyhoo!

It is but going by the reaction of their chairman Andy Holt in guessing the conpensation due is quite low. I know it also depends on if they offered a contract to the players.

That Andy Holt that all the newspapers seem to be quoting seems like a bit of a pansy. Obviously unfamiliar with how football works and spitting the dummy out. It was alright for them to sweep up Kal Naismith on a free after he left us.

Anyway, glad to see us going about or business efficiently. Should have been doing this 3 and a half years ago.