Gasparotto

RFC55

Definitely not.

I remember hearing of a Glasgow lad in the army back in the 80s named Pele Jairzinho Johnson. Pretty sure his old man named him :D .

I finished work early last week and phoned the wife to ask if she wanted me to pick up fish and chips on the way home..............

boy, does she hate the fact I was allowed to name the twins!!

ok...get my coat. (and good for Luca)

Couple of years ago he was part of the Golden Generation that should have been playing every week, according to opinion on here.

Just look at Hemmings...

Aye, good point, Hemmings is tearing it up recently at a higher level. In fairness though it's difficult to say anyone is proven wrong on players that don't get opportunities. Who is to say what sort of player Gasparatto would have developed into had he been given game time or did the smart thing and left Rangers a couple of years back.

Very few of our young players go on loan and then come back to claim a regular first team place. I would think that suggests that unless you make the breakthrough while at Rangers, then you are not going to make it going and then coming back. Even playing well at other clubs means very little. You need to perform in front of 45K wanting you subbed for one poor pass - its a different pressure that most dont seem to handle.

Even Barry Mckay - my impression this season is that he has done well against some of the smaller teams, but in some of the bigger games - particularly that first half in the last game against Hibs - I thought he was shocking. He got lucky with the right back going off and Mcgregor playing against him. Up till then the RB had him in his pocket. So for me the jury is still out on Mckay making it.

Remember I am talking about hacking it in the SPFL - not being decent in the championship.

Look at Mason at Tottenham. He kept going on loan, playing regularly and coming back, going back on loan and is now a first team player. I remember listening to Derek Johnstone a few years back saying that as soon as players turn 16 they should be sent to amateur teams then cycle up the league's as they get older. Then be ready for Rangers first team at 19/20.

Very few of our young players go on loan and then come back to claim a regular first team place. I would think that suggests that unless you make the breakthrough while at Rangers, then you are not going to make it going and then coming back. Even playing well at other clubs means very little. You need to perform in front of 45K wanting you subbed for one poor pass - its a different pressure that most dont seem to handle.

Even Barry Mckay - my impression this season is that he has done well against some of the smaller teams, but in some of the bigger games - particularly that first half in the last game against Hibs - I thought he was shocking. He got lucky with the right back going off and Mcgregor playing against him. Up till then the RB had him in his pocket. So for me the jury is still out on Mckay making it.

Remember I am talking about hacking it in the SPFL - not being decent in the championship.

Charlie Adam was another that benefited but you are right, not too many.

Being from Greenock myself, a few people in work are season ticket holders at Cappielow and say that he is a stand out for them every game he plays. I wouldn't mind giving him a chance when he returns but I suppose that's down to MW. Also the fact he is an international for Canada can surely only help his development also.