Shirt Sponsorship

How does it effect what you buy? Just seen blackthorne for sale on the train and can honestly say iv never tried the stuff. Not got a 32red account but do bet on it at roulette Drink carling because I enjoy it. Only drink tennants if there is nothing better, didnt have ntl etc

I know guys who only drank tennents when they sponsored us. Only drank carling etc

I guess it depends on the product but sponsors wouldn't pay out if there wasn't a direct correlation between advertising and sales. I tried Blackthorn after they appeared on our shirts but as stated its rubbish. I stopped drinking Magners though, as did many, when they got into bed with the hoops.

Back in the 80s and 90s sponsorships seemed as if they were part of the club. I always remember a specific sponsor when I think of a club and picture the shirt.

Think now they change so often they don't have time to become iconic anymore.

Obviously our McEwan's Lager ones stand out.

Don't think I've ever went out my way to buy a product that Rangers have been sponsored with but did used to avoid buying the tarriers brand.

Marketing and advertising isn't designed to make you go out and buy something for the sake of it. It's designed to make brands recognisable. Subconsciously if you are faced with a choice between an unknown brand and a known brand most people will always go for the brand they recognise.

Sun on iously through billboards, sponsorship, adverts on telly, catchy songs punchlines (compare the meerkat) these embed brands into your mind making them familiar.

We just don't trust what we don't know