Rangers Quick To Make Moves In Transfer Window - Shoot

The Dude

2016 isnt even a week old yet, but it has already been an action-packed start to the month for Rangers.

The second half of the season started in a similar vein to the first with a resounding 6-0 win at the Cheaper Insurace Direct Stadium against Dumbarton. After what was arguably the most impressive performance of the season so far, Mark Warburton now turns his attention to strengthening his squad ahead of the Scottish Cup clash at home to League One side Cowdenbeath this weekend.

Read more: http://www.shoot.co.uk/rangers-quick-to-make-their-moves-in-the-transfer-window/

Nice one mate, another enjoyable read.

I knew about the Loving Cup of course but also pleased to find out Everton continue the tradition also as i've had a soft spot for them since Walter went down.

Back to us though and I'm probably not the only one who will be hoping Forrester gets a half of game time at the weekend - intrigued to see what he's got to offer. Throwing a keeper in after being here less than a week is probably risky but if we grab a decent lead i'd like to see him given some time also.

As the positivity of the last two league games has brought the spark back into us supporters, it is nice to see it produced in print to reinforce that positivity.

Very good balance of past, recent, and present occurrences at the club Dude, and again a very good article well worth reading and factually informative.

Happy New Year mate, and keep them coming.

:uk:

Good read. Never heard of the Loving Cup before or the story surrounding it. Our club still surpises me to this day. Great tradition.

You really should go on a stadium tour and soak up our magnificent history and be gobsmacked at our trophy room where you will see the Loving Cup sit aside our other magnificent trophies and mementos.

post-48740-0-49777600-1452111730_thumb.j

post-48740-0-96131000-1452112010_thumb.j

Nice one mate, another enjoyable read.

I knew about the Loving Cup of course but also pleased to find out Everton continue the tradition also as i've had a soft spot for them since Walter went down.

Back to us though and I'm probably not the only one who will be hoping Forrester gets a half of game time at the weekend - intrigued to see what he's got to offer. Throwing a keeper in after being here less than a week is probably risky but if we grab a decent lead i'd like to see him given some time also.

Back in the day,Everton were always known as "The Rangers of the South" possibly because of their main stand,but I assume also because many of their players played for both clubs in their careers.(along with many other Scottish players with Presbyterian backgrounds) In fact, the Everton title winning squad of 1963 had 5 Scottish players in it (maybe you can find the Rangers connection in the photo)

post-48740-0-29109400-1452113609_thumb.j

post-48740-0-60177000-1452113641_thumb.j

Aye, good wee bit of history for any non-Bears reading too.

I think that because it often takes place at the same home game as the club, publicly, remembers the Disaster it almost feels, to me at least, a bit like a substitute for the club having a wee toast to those lost.

Hopefully the days of last minute fan appeasing panic buys are over (tu)

Would agree with the panic buys being over being a good thing.

But going into deadline day with all our business done will be boring, just hoping that someone comes in despite knowing that it probably wont happen.

Having said that it is good that we are getting so much business done now we are moving in the right direction faster than any of us dared dream.

Back in the day,Everton were always known as "The Rangers of the South" possibly because of their main stand,but I assume also because many of their players played for both clubs in their careers.(along with many other Scottish players with Presbyterian backgrounds) In fact, the Everton title winning squad of 1963 had 5 Scottish players in it (maybe you can find the Rangers connection in the photo)

Are Everton not the catholic club out them and Liverpool?

Are Everton not the catholic club out them and Liverpool?

Well technically I don't think there is any evidence that would suggest any of the two clubs had "Catholic" or "Protestant" in their footballing DNA and as I pointed out in my comment I think Everton could have been tagged the Rangers of the South due to their main stand being identical to ours and the fact a lot of players played for both Rangers and Everton in their careers.

A lot of people don't know that Everton originally were founded as St Domingo's in 1878 and played at Anfield.until they had a dispute with the owner of the ground over rent and moved to Goodison, which is when Liverpool were formed because the owner of Anfield formed a new club so the ground wouldn't lie empty.

The name St.Domingo's was named after the Methodist Church so the parishioners of the church in the suburb of Everton could play football and cricket under a name, but it had fuck all to do with Catholics.

You really should go on a stadium tour and soak up our magnificent history and be gobsmacked at our trophy room where you will see the Loving Cup sit aside our other magnificent trophies and mementos.

I've been on the tour a few times, but obviously wasn't paying attention. I was always fascinated looking at all the European teams we'd faced. Checking the dates on the little flags to see if id seen that particular game.

I've been on the tour a few times, but obviously wasn't paying attention. I was always fascinated looking at all the European teams we'd faced. Checking the dates on the little flags to see if id seen that particular game.

Well, looking at all the pennants and getting the dates into your head would just about take up all your thoughts during the tour, so maybe next time you do the tour you can concentrate on what is in the cabinets and learn the fascinating stories behind each exhibit. I've toured many stadiums and seen some nice exhibits,but although our trophy room isn't the biggest,it certainly is one of the best.

post-48740-0-26088500-1452165336_thumb.j

post-48740-0-28937000-1452165375_thumb.j

post-48740-0-52422700-1452165416_thumb.j

post-48740-0-08031200-1452165467_thumb.j

Quite an interesting article with conflicting replies below it on the matter here...

http://toffeeweb.com/fans/beingblue/religion.asp

When I lived down that neck of the woods we used to go into Liverpool regularly and the taxi drivers would always want to talk football. They'd always say Everton were the Catholic club and Liverpool the Protestants (Liverpool were founded by an OO member). Historically they may have appealed to different sections of the city but my experience was that there was no real split in the city. Not like you could say there is in Glasgow.

Iirc Everton have a CofE church built into their ground so I wouldn't imagine the religious 'divide' truly exists to any degree there.