History And Friendship Between Chelsea And Glasgow Rangers

corbyloyal84

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye it was bonkers, our bus got shot at from the high flats, feckin scary

Edinburgh Union Jack, by any chance? Was my first Euro trip away,went with the Union Jack and bus was shot at as we were leaving after the match. Still one of the maddest trips Iv been on, and I have been on many European adventures....roll on the next one ????.

Absolutely, I've always seen plenty of England or Northern Ireland flags with both the Rangers and Chelsea crest on them.

Bar's like the Dog's Bollocks bar in Thailand, started by Chris 'chubby' Henderson, a one time leader of the Chelsea Headhunters, is both a Chelsea and Rangers bar, as are others.

Supporters Clubs like Invicta Loyal, both Rangers and Chelsea fans, as are others.

The connection has always been there, from way at the start, to more up to date stuff as the article the OP posted explains.

I'm a Rangers fan, i'm a Rangers fan only, but I like Chelsea due to the connection with my Team, Rangers.

The dogs bollocks shut down years ago in pattaya if I recall correctly

Looks like its not to everybodys liking and maybe the younger guys cant grasp it but there has been a link with Chelsea.

Strange as well how most tims hate Chelsea.

Ive put it on this forum before when this comes up and ill mention it again as i like all "guests" to read it.

Prior to the Bradford benefit match at Stamford Bridge and this was when football hooliganism in England was at its highest we came out Fulham Broadway tube station and a police horse cordon was holding back a frenzied mob of Chelsea fans chanting "we hate celtic, we hate celtic".

That is what you call a greeting and a cherished moment for all rebel haters like me who experienced it.

Looks like its not to everybodys liking and maybe the younger guys cant grasp it but there has been a link with Chelsea.

Ive put it on this forum before when this comes up and ill mention it again as i like all "guests" to read it.

Prior to the Bradford benefit match at Stamford Bridge and this was when football hooliganism in England was at its highest we came out Fulham Broadway tube station and a police horse cordon was holding back a frenzied mob of Chelsea fans chanting "we hate celtic, we hate celtic".

That is what you call a greeting and a cherished moment for all rebel haters like me who experienced it.

That was a fantastic day mate, I was 11 st the time and my mum had taken me to the game as we were living in England at the time, and after that game I used to go and watch Chelsea regularly until I moved back up to Glasgow.

Heard that story a few times :lol:

Chelsea are such a shitty wee club and a bunch of glory hunting fans

They do have an element of glory hunting fans just like most successful teams. They have plenty fans who supported them when they weren't so successful. It's only been the past 10/15 years where these glory hunters came about.

They do have an element of glory hunting fans just like most successful teams. They have plenty fans who supported them when they weren't so successful. It's only been the past 10/15 years where these glory hunters came about.

Kind of like selling out or 'big' games like the recent Old Firm, Hearts, Hibs etc...then having 10k for a home Ramsdens cup game.

Would say our support has far more plastics.

Also think any Rangers/Chelsea friendship was helped by the cooling of relations between Rangers & Arsenal. I was brought up believeing that Rangers 'partners' in London were Arsenal (and was made extremely welcome when visiting as a kid with my dad in the 60's) however when working down south in the 80's I visited Highbury and was disgusted at the number of Irish tricolours on show (despite IRA atrocities) and vowed never to cross their doorstep again (which I have never done). I suspect there might have been many like minded who at that time switched allegiance, perhaps to Chelsea.

All the paddies moved to the areas around Arsenal.

I was at the 1985 Bradford disaster memorial match between us and Chelsea, and the atmosphere was superb...if anything, THAT night cemented our friendship.

tumblr_mpecmcUSfW1qglee5o1_500.gif

What's your reference for the claim that a connection has always been there? I thought I knew a little of Rangers history but I didn't know that. I knew of the Arsenal connection of the 30's and the mutual respect between Chapman and William Struth; and that we used to play teams like Nottingham Forrest and Blackburn Rovers on a regular basis in the early days, but I don't remember any particular connection with Chelsea.

It's more to do with Chelsea's history, and explained in the first paragraph of the article.

It's something I've heard a few times before, even seen it posted on here I think by Minstral, if I remember right.

The dogs bollocks shut down years ago in pattaya if I recall correctly

The Dog's Bollocks is still going strong, Chubby died a few years ago, although it had changed hands a few times even before that. Last I heard a guy from East Belfast had it, though could've changed hands again, that was a few years ago, and all through all the changes of owner, it has always proudly maintained it's Chelsea, Rangers and Loyalist roots.

If you have Facebook, here's their page, where they even posted the same article this thread is about yesterday.

https://www.facebook.com/TheRealDogsBollocks/?fref=nf

Indeed, strong loyalist links.

All the paddies moved to the areas around Arsenal.

I was at the 1985 Bradford disaster memorial match between us and Chelsea, and the atmosphere was superb...if anything, THAT night cemented our friendship.

Arsenal now have a large 'tricolour' waving support. Maybe that's not palatable to some, but it's the truth, I live not that far from their ground.

1. It's more to do with Chelsea's history, and explained in the first paragraph of the article.

2. Indeed, strong loyalist links.

Arsenal now have a large 'tricolour' waving support. Maybe that's not palatable to some, but it's the truth, I live not that far from their ground.

1. That is very thin to say the least. Does anyone know when we first played them. I can look it up on the database but I thought someone might know.

2. Ironically though there is more actual history between the clubs.

"Armed forces... IRA... NF... Hooligans..." Okeydokey.

Blues Brothers? Cringey as fuck. Get some half-n-half scarves and woolly hats made up. One club team only.

CFC (Oligarch Plaything): a club for cunts, supported by cunts, represented on the field by cunts, managed by cunts and owned by a cunt.

Said a cunt

Very informative article OP.

However, traditionally the only London club Rangers associated closely with were Arsenal.

The Chelsea connection only really appeared in the 80s with apparently some links between the "firms" of the time. After that it has mostly been glory hunters jumping on the Chelsea bandwagon imo.