corbyloyal84

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great post by the op.

100% correct.

Remember the ibrox match in the 80s.Remember chelsea up here Aberdeen league cup final and others.Remember down supporting chelsea in the old 2nd div late 80s.Great friendly a few years ago at Ibrox think we won 2-0.

Chelsea in Belfast 12th July.

The connection is the fans Rangers Chelsea

Linfield watp blues bros

PSG away there were loads

Sure you are correct, personally didn't know, as the support was pretty spread out in Paris throughout the day (that's why I prefer the smaller city's) although, I was in the area nearer the ground, where an incident with CS gas being thrown into a pub full of Rangers fans took place, sure there were Chelsea fans about there as well.

Great post by the op.

100% correct.

Remember the ibrox match in the 80s.Remember chelsea up here Aberdeen league cup final and others.Remember down supporting chelsea in the old 2nd div late 80s.Great friendly a few years ago at Ibrox think we won 2-0.

Chelsea in Belfast 12th July.

The connection is the fans Rangers Chelsea

Linfield watp blues bros

Brilliant, was just about to post that few Gers fans would have travelled to Chelsea in the 80s, however there were quite a few who took the shorter journey on train from Glasgow to Liverpool and Manchester on Saturdays when we either did not play or were away, myself included when we did not have a game. Early morning train, back on the last train. Got to see the big derbies and Liverpol-Man United games amongst others. The only real connection developing then was Liverpool and the Tims partly due to to Kenny Dalglish, and their singing of YNWA. I was favourable to Man City then, but a few Gers fans would be supporting Liverpool and god forbid possibly Man U.

Back to Chelsea in the 80s then, were you the only one there "12th"? If other Gers fans were, did they travel by train too, or just stay overnight ?

I've mentioned some of the above on a thread not so long ago.

Also, last time I was down at Stamford Bridge on match day, I was buying a fanzine outside, the guy selling it noticed my accent (I'm from Northern Ireland) and asked me was I just over for the game?

I said no, I live in London, was a Rangers fan, but liked Chelsea as well due to the connection between the Clubs.

He gave me my 2 quid back, and said 'Gawd bless the 6 Counties, mate' :D:ulster:

For me what I posted above is indicative of many, shall we say, 'genuine' Chelsea fans these days in my opinion.

Once the fanzine seller found out I was a Rangers fan originally from Northern Ireland, he immediately gave me my money back and was very sincere when he said 'Gawd Bless the 6 Counties, mate'.

I'm guessing he was connected to the fanzine/ a Chelsea supporters Club in some way, he was knowledgeable to say what he did, and certainly wouldn't have gave me my money back if he was just some random selling on a commission basis.

I doubt that conversation and gesture would have happened outside any other English Club stadium on match day.

Certainly reinforced to me why i Iiked them.

Not 2nd team, not English team, not any of that pish. I'm a Rangers fan, and a Rangers fan only. But I can like and respect anyone or any group of supporters/Club who do the same for me, my heritage, and my Club (tu)

Brilliant, was just about to post that few Gers fans would have travelled to Chelsea in the 80s, however there were quite a few who took the shorter journey on train from Glasgow to Liverpool and Manchester on Saturdays when we either did not play or were away, myself included when we did not have a game. Early morning train, back on the last train. Got to see the big derbies and Liverpol-Man United games amongst others. The only real connection developing then was Liverpool and the Tims partly due to to Kenny Dalglish, and their singing of YNWA. I was favourable to Man City then, but a few Gers fans would be supporting Liverpool and god forbid possibly Man U.

Back to Chelsea in the 80s then, were you the only one there "12th"? If other Gers fans were, did they travel by train too, or just stay overnight ?

Not really bothered about lack of connection between the actual clubs, the Chelsea boys are good guys , met a few when I was down at Sheffield and they had bought tickets to support us, that's not something to put down or dismiss.

I travelled up to Derby on the train from Kings Cross and there were loads of Chelsea boys on it going up to watch us.

I work with a few as well and they all do have a soft spot for us. Whether you want it or like it or not there is links there at this moment in time.

Personally I grew to like Chelsea threw a cousin of mine from Hammersmith. I actually liked them better back then than I do now. During the Hoddle, Gullit and Vialli days. Poyet and Zola were a joy to watch.

I travelled up to Derby on the train from Kings Cross and there were loads of Chelsea boys on it going up to watch us.

I work with a few as well and they all do have a soft spot for us. Whether you want it or like it or not there is links there at this moment in time.

Personally I grew to like Chelsea threw a cousin of mine from Hammersmith. I actually liked them better back then than I do now. During the Hoddle, Gullit and Vialli days. Poyet and Zola were a joy to watch.

Yea folk can't really moan that everyone hates us then moan when fans of another club adopt us as their second team.

Every Chelsea fan I've met hates the tims so that's good enough for me too, not that I support them, prefer West Ham tbh.

Yea folk can't really moan that everyone hates us then moan when fans of another club adopt us as their second team.

Every Chelsea fan I've met hates the tims so that's good enough for me too, not that I support them, prefer West Ham tbh.

Aye I don't see any harm with taking an interest in another team from a league most of us watch more than our own.

That's all it is though, an interest. You can never have the feelings and emotions you have following Rangers.

I live round the corner from Stamford Bridge and am a Chelsea member so go now and again. Far too dear to go regular though.

Remember a few Chelsea fans came up to some of our games in the late 80's. I let them stay in my flat while they were up. Good thing about it was, when they gave a couple of tims that came into the pub, a doing. They used to come in because the pub was mixed, but the Chelsea boys didn't think it was right, so dragged them outside & gave them a kicking in the middle of the road. Funny as fuck when the police came. They couldn't get a name out of anyone. The tims were raging cos they knew they were with us.

Watched them get beat 2-1 by Blackburn in the old second division, it was the same day we beat the filth 5-1. Result from Ibrox got the biggest cheer of the day.

Was a season ticket for a few seasons while living in London, most of those I knew were aware there was a link.

The shed end forum has a section dedicated to Rangers.

I think Chubby died a few years back, and Hickey is now in the Philippines. I know those guys enjoyed Gers Euro trips back in the headhunter days.

Yea, Chubby died a couple of years ago, The Dog's Bollocks is still open though, and Hickey is indeed in the Philippines.