Tips Thread 2016

mrwin

Don't know what happened to the last thread!!!

Here's the one to kick off the year!

Our trainer is Daniel Mark Loughnane who comes to the track with an acceptable strike rate of 17% and a level stakes profit of £24.86p. He saddles just the one runner at the track and goes in the 1.30.

Diletta Tommasa was delivered a little too late in her race last time out over this course and distance and did well to grab second place in the closing stages. She gets the same race tomorrow and should improve on that last run. The more than capable Luke Morris takes the helm and should he deliver at the right time this one should take all the beating. I make her a 3/1 shot so well take the value and go for the win only bet.

Selection: Diletta Tommasa in the 1.30 Lingfield at 11/2 Sky Bet for a win only bet.

Good luck????

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So tomorrow well be backing Frank The Barber in the 15:00 Wolverhampton. Frank has come close on all of his appearances over this course and distance the last five times including a win. Hes the strongest front runner in the pack and should take this one from the front. Hes 4/1 in my book so well take the value and go for the win.

Selection: Frank The Barber in the 15:00 Wolverhampton at 6/1 with BetVictor for a win only bet.

Good luck???

• 1 month later...

I'll probably regret saying this but at the 1.50 Wolverhampton I've had a look through the card and the form. The outsider is Bertie Buoy and simply put, it shouldn't be. 2 races back it ran 5furlongs gd/sft at redcar (in a 6f race) in a time of 1m1s, La Asomada is odds on favourite for this race with a time of 1m2s in it's last race over course and distance. Bertie Buoy has been off the track for 126days and if there's been any improvement at all then it's a big threat; on times over the distance Bertie should be in the top 4 and most likely in the top 3 - at 34/1 you would consider it a sound e/w prospect even if the market disagrees. To top it off Berti likes to prominent run and at wolverhampton that's a big positive. The front three in the market are on times the big dangers, Justice has the best recent time for the distance, La Asomada came 2nd last time with a contending time (if a however a little slower than needed here) and powerfull dream has contending times and like Bertie has been off long enough as a 3 year old that there could be significant improvement assuming it arrives intent on having a go (fair bit higher in weight on previous efforts).

So there you have it, it'll tail so far out the back that conspiracy theorists will call it a chemtrail but if I don't mention it like the other million times, i'll kick myself. Make of it what you like but if you're having a flutter a small E/W seems more than reasonable.

Personally I stuck it in £1 reverse forecasts with Justice and Powerful Dream.

3 hours ago, THE_Ibrox_Preacher said:

I'll probably regret saying this but at the 1.50 Wolverhampton I've had a look through the card and the form. The outsider is Bertie Buoy and simply put, it shouldn't be. 2 races back it ran 5furlongs gd/sft at redcar (in a 6f race) in a time of 1m1s, La Asomada is odds on favourite for this race with a time of 1m2s in it's last race over course and distance. Bertie Buoy has been off the track for 126days and if there's been any improvement at all then it's a big threat; on times over the distance Bertie should be in the top 4 and most likely in the top 3 - at 34/1 you would consider it a sound e/w prospect even if the market disagrees. To top it off Berti likes to prominent run and at wolverhampton that's a big positive. The front three in the market are on times the big dangers, Justice has the best recent time for the distance, La Asomada came 2nd last time with a contending time (if a however a little slower than needed here) and powerfull dream has contending times and like Bertie has been off long enough as a 3 year old that there could be significant improvement assuming it arrives intent on having a go (fair bit higher in weight on previous efforts).

So there you have it, it'll tail so far out the back that conspiracy theorists will call it a chemtrail but if I don't mention it like the other million times, i'll kick myself. Make of it what you like but if you're having a flutter a small E/W seems more than reasonable.

Personally I stuck it in £1 reverse forecasts with Justice and Powerful Dream.

no luck mate - a well researched tip nevertheless.

Would need to be quick in this one but outsider Storm Hawk 3.30pm shouldn't be the outsider on known ability over distance, the trainer is in great form and at 28-1, an E/W is a good shout.

If I was to pick a winner I fancy Tidal Way to get the better of Edgar at 11-2.

Most of the field don't have the distance on paper and the times of those that do are off the pace for those three.

(edit - glad I put that up so late no one seen it, Storm Hawk never had a go - keep an eye out for it in future, had a lot going for it on paper and was only out for a jog today)