Tips Thread 2016

mrwin

9 minutes ago, THE_Ibrox_Preacher said:

Would need to be quick in this one but outsider Storm Hawk 3.30pm shouldn't be the outsider on known ability over distance, the trainer is in great form and at 28-1, an E/W is a good shout.

If I was to pick a winner I fancy Tidal Way to get the better of Edgar at 11-2.

Most of the field don't have the distance on paper and the times of those that do are off the pace for those three.

I was too slow and quite fortunate to be slow. 

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, saw Kim Bailey interviewed on RUK on Wednesday... was saying he has 10 or 12 horses out between now and Sunday that he's been waiting for better ground for.

Double at Wincanton on Wednesday and a few out on Thursday:

By The Boardwalk 3.05 Ludlow

Pulling Power 4.15 Ludlow

Grand March 5.00 Taunton

• 2 weeks later...

Having a good day lads, and it just seems I'm getting them right.

With that said, it could stop at any moment. 

Having just picked the last, I'll put up my thoughts for the card at Chelmsford.

5.45 Chelmsford.

Kristal Hart has everything going for it but on paper it could face stiff competition from The Dukkerer. Yasir is one to be wary of changing distance but the price is gone for that one considering it's a theory. I have Kristal Hart in a double with Sevenballs Of Fire; I also have a double of The Dukkerer E/W this time with one in the following race.

6.15 Chelmsford.

Forget the betting here, on times it's wide open

Best time on paper is set by My Mo and as a 4 year old that's been off the track for 182 days, you would assume it will come back and make light work of these (Of course that doesn't mean it won't turn up "needing the run"), I put it in a double E/W with The Dukkerer in the previous race; 6 of these have good enough times to be thereabouts at the line but the one that's the best alternative to My Mo is Mr Red Clubs who isn't much behind on time and you can assume it's good to go unlike My Mo.

6.45 Chelmsford.

Justice first has obvious claims but doesn't appear to like to go to the front and at Chelmsford that can make all the difference; also of concern is the tendency to break slowly. Boonga Roogeta on the other hand will go up front, has time-claims on paper and has been running off marks in the 80's and getting results in the near past. I think the best bet here is Boonga Roogeta but if I was to throwing an E/W into the mix it would be Craftsmanship, if it's improved at all in a year at this course/distance then it's in with a better shout of being at the business end than it's odds suggest; only word of caution here is that it's only 2 places on offer.

7.15 Chelmsford.

Stick a pin in it. Honestly just about everything here has a case but bearing in mind weights and ratings I would lean towards Doctor Parkes and Oriental Relation. I won't even give a preference here for the aforementioned reason.

Ceejay probably edges it on paper but odds on? I'm not so sure, some of these could be anything at this distance currently. If I'm to pick one Justice Rock at 11/1 seems massive and as an E/W I'll take it.

Ask The Guru ticks some boxes and probably just edges being the pick over Welease Bwian but Jaarih shouldn't be discounted from an E/W perspective.

GL troops. 

1 hour ago, born a blue nose said:

Billy hill has bent me over and spanked up my arse today. Waiting on "saved my bacon" at Chelmsford for a double to pull me out a hole.

The fuckin irony :lol: 

Unlucky mate.

Last race at Chelmsford could honestly be won by the outsider (Honiton Lace) and if it does, it's hit a treble, on that note I'll take it E/W.

Last Dundalk and Catchy Lass E/W 20-1. I can't promise anything but if you can afford it, worth a 5er E/W on both or a £1 double E/W? 

2.55 Ayr to me looks a straight shoot out between Bold Sir Brian 7/2 and Landmeafortune 9/2.

I've took them in a reverse forecast (£18.03-£1 and £19.45-£1 respectively). The seeming fight between Bold Sir Brian and the favourite could be a case of not seeing the forest for the trees and Landmeafortune picking up a good price in what effectively should be a 3 horse race at worst and a 2 horse race on paper. Pick is Landmeafortune.

Caution; While there is 5 runners still at present don't be surprised to see it chopped to 4 and subsequently win-only, See Double You ran and was a puffed out 3rd yesterday!

1.40 Wolverhampton

I see strong cases for two inparticular, being Agerzam and Thataboy; When trying to split them I edge towards Agerzam as it's latest 3rd was held up with too much to do and I think Morris will take this one to the front today (advantage at Wolverhampton) and Thataboy will stay true to form and be held up out the back leaving too much to do against it's equal today. I wouldn't put anyone off an E/W on JollyRedJeanz as 20/1 to hit 2 places is too big with the possibility of one of the aforementioned failing to turn up in fighting mood. Agerzam is the pick however.

4.00 at Wolverhampton.

Another you could stick a pin in it, Patrick has obvious claims as does Steelriver and considering my opening point I look for the "value" bet; Mappin Time on paper is on a par with Patrick and Steelriver and is weighted to have a go too, at 16/1 compared to 3's, it's a shout for hitting the frame and maybe even nicking it.

4 hours ago, THE_Ibrox_Preacher said:

2.55 Ayr to me looks a straight shoot out between Bold Sir Brian 7/2 and Landmeafortune 9/2.

I've took them in a reverse forecast (£18.03-£1 and £19.45-£1 respectively). The seeming fight between Bold Sir Brian and the favourite could be a case of not seeing the forest for the trees and Landmeafortune picking up a good price in what effectively should be a 3 horse race at worst and a 2 horse race on paper. Pick is Landmeafortune.

Caution; While there is 5 runners still at present don't be surprised to see it chopped to 4 and subsequently win-only, See Double You ran and was a puffed out 3rd yesterday!

1.40 Wolverhampton

I see strong cases for two inparticular, being Agerzam and Thataboy; When trying to split them I edge towards Agerzam as it's latest 3rd was held up with too much to do and I think Morris will take this one to the front today (advantage at Wolverhampton) and Thataboy will stay true to form and be held up out the back leaving too much to do against it's equal today. I wouldn't put anyone off an E/W on JollyRedJeanz as 20/1 to hit 2 places is too big with the possibility of one of the aforementioned failing to turn up in fighting mood. Agerzam is the pick however.

Cheers m8 stuck a tenner on Bold Sir Brian @3/1:peanut:

• 1 month later...
30 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

HM has 3 horses in the 4 day declarations on her 90th on Thursday..  Perth, Warwick and Market Rasen. All trained by the Man In The Trilby Hat.

Think I might get on any of them that run.

I like Henderson anyway so will be on too mate (tu)

13 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

WPM is a useless bastard, just give the wee trophy to Nicholls.

Seen it mate, no much you can do when a 12/1 scuds ye 

Some good racing tomorrow. Think I'll plum for godolphin in the first at Sandown.

This is when nightshift stumps days, all friday spent in the pub drinking, playing pool and watching every race, heaven! 

6 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

Seen it mate, no much you can do when a 12/1 scuds ye 

Some good racing tomorrow. Think I'll plum for godolphin in the first at Sandown.

This is when nightshift stumps days, all friday spent in the pub drinking, playing pool and watching every race, heaven! 

Pratted by 4pm :lol: