*** Official Betting Thread ***

Creampuff

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This epidemic came at a good time for me regarding gambling. Been trying to curtail it for a while and was struggling. Now no had a bet in 13 days which is easily, easily the longest I've went in 12-13 years. 

No missing it at all so will hopefully wean me off it 

Can't take my eyes off that MAGIC OF LIGHT for this virtual National.

You're trying to outthink a hundred odd algorithms which is completely impossible though.

Surely Tiger Roll's performance in that Cross Country chase at Cheltenham will fuck up his chances. 

At least it's something that's a bit of fun to bet on.

42 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Its sad as fuck but I'm buzzing for this race today 

I have never bet on virtual racing or cartoon racing as I prefer to call it, but fuck it,  after all it is the grand national., total stakes £20.00 on a few each way, I hope I break even as I need the money lol

4 hours ago, theblueoysterbar said:

How did their computer have Aso falling? Horse hasn't fallen in its entire career. No letters in its career form at all. 

I said this on here before that my mate always goes against what should happen.

I'd say what you said, then he'd say "well it must have been due then".

And you kinda just think aye thats true tbh

2 hours ago, GetToTheChoppa said:

I said this on here before that my mate always goes against what should happen.

I'd say what you said, then he'd say "well it must have been due then".

And you kinda just think aye thats true tbh

The only explanation I can see is that it has never run over more than 3m and some fucking tiredness algorithm got it, but a tired horse wouldn't have been making ground like that with half a mile to go and falling at a plain fence, which at 4'7" is the smallest in the race. Hadn't fallen, been brought down, pulled up or refused in 7 years of jumps racing. And Charlie Deutsch has been guiding it over fences for years, 3 wins and 4 places from 15 runs over 4 years.

But their simulator had it fall. Pish.

Probably overthinking it though, it was just supposed to be a bit of fun after all. :lol: 

I note that macbookie are not going to pay out yet on the Scottish leagues declared finished,  in case of legal battles,  cant find anything on other larger UK bookmakers but suspect they will take a similar view , without going into a rant about fairness, corruption, vote rigging etc  from a purely gambling point of view if they do settle on ante post wagers on current league positions,  I am a winner on Raith Rovers for example, but a big loser on W.B.A, albeit most of my bets are e.w. accumulators or lucky 15,s.  So I do think I would come out in front.  I think the English leagues will eventually play out at least behind closed doors,  I doubt it will suit the agenda in Scotland to finish premier league, but you never know. Baring in mind the health issues of pandemic are a far greater concern than football at the moment, but it is still frustrating that bets placed and expected to be settled in May are now likely to be still open bets until July or August   at least I still have some form of pay out to come.

6 minutes ago, glasgow argyle said:

I note that macbookie are not going to pay out yet on the Scottish leagues declared finished,  in case of legal battles,  cant find anything on other larger UK bookmakers but suspect they will take a similar view , without going into a rant about fairness, corruption, vote rigging etc  from a purely gambling point of view if they do settle on ante post wagers on current league positions,  I am a winner on Raith Rovers for example, but a big loser on W.B.A, albeit most of my bets are e.w. accumulators or lucky 15,s.  So I do think I would come out in front.  I think the English leagues will eventually play out at least behind closed doors,  I doubt it will suit the agenda in Scotland to finish premier league, but you never know. Baring in mind the health issues of pandemic are a far greater concern than football at the moment, but it is still frustrating that bets placed and expected to be settled in May are now likely to be still open bets until July or August   at least I still have some form of pay out to come.

Any leagues thta are settled by vote etc will not be honoured by the bookmakers and neither should they tbh. 

I said this way back last month when the talk of ending them was first brought up.