*** Official Betting Thread ***

Creampuff

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

Any leagues thta are settled by vote etc will not be honoured by the bookmakers and neither should they tbh. 

I agree wholeheartedly,  but bets must be settled one way or another, so the only other option for the major bookmakers is to settle these as non runners and return all stakes,  if that's what happens then so be it.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, glasgow argyle said:

I agree wholeheartedly,  but bets must be settled one way or another, so the only other option for the major bookmakers is to settle these as non runners and return all stakes,  if that's what happens then so be it.

They'll void the legs of the Scottish leagues/any league declared rather than won 

On 16/04/2020 at 07:57, Rfc52 said:

They'll void the legs of the Scottish leagues/any league declared rather than won 

I can now confirm that bet victor has settled SPFL ante post bets on the placings as they stand,  which means in short they are paying out on Raith Rovers as winning league 1,  I.m not sure yet on how bet fred are settling, 

I do find bet victor stance a little bit surprising  as I thought they would declare all wagers as non runners and return all stakes  , 

1 hour ago, glasgow argyle said:

I can now confirm that bet victor has settled SPFL ante post bets on the placings as they stand,  which means in short they are paying out on Raith Rovers as winning league 1,  I.m not sure yet on how bet fred are settling, 

I do find bet victor stance a little bit surprising  as I thought they would declare all wagers as non runners and return all stakes  , 

Same mate, that's not bad but I don't believe all will follow suit. 

I got money back in my account from bet fred , but I still don't know if this is for bets declared void or its from winnings. 

Trouble is I can only check 30 on my phone and being off work I don't have access to laptop or PC,  to check further back.  Which is annoying as I can check all my bets on my phone on bet victor. 

Any bet fred punters who can assist would be much appreciated. 

My last sporting bet was on our last game (12 March). Feels longer. Since then I've bet on one more event. The fucking virtual grand national. And I'm still not over it! 

Still have a free £5 bet from it I've not used although I did briefly consider using it on the recent darts event! Madness!

17 hours ago, Dickie1963 said:

Hope to f@ck they pay out on English Leagues if no more games.

I have Liverpool and Leeds to win Prem and Championship in my lucky 15. 

Other 2 have bombed. Ipswich and Plymouth (I think).

Ipswich were as short as 6/4 in December and had gone into freefall since,  I.m actually hoping if that league gets played out,? That Portsmouth can win,  or at least top 3. Plymouth argyle,  have every chance if their league resumes  ,  one of my bets is e.w. accumulator on liverpool Dundee United Raith Rovers and Cove Rangers,  the 3 Scottish ones declared winners with bet victor,  liverpool a cert,  only Portsmouth currently sitting 4th can do me out of a nice return.  It is going to be a long wait to see if football does return and play initially behind closed doors. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/04/2020 at 11:09, glasgow argyle said:

I got money back in my account from bet fred , but I still don't know if this is for bets declared void or its from winnings. 

Trouble is I can only check 30 on my phone and being off work I don't have access to laptop or PC,  to check further back.  Which is annoying as I can check all my bets on my phone on bet victor. 

Any bet fred punters who can assist would be much appreciated. 

After getting access to a laptop this morning I can now confirm that bet fred have settled SPFL as positions stood when 3 Scottish leagues were abandoned,  e.g. Dundee United,  Raith Rovers and Cove Rangers are winners,  a bit harsh on those who bet on Falkirk to win outright,  and I can only assume in my cynical mind that there is a profit for those firms who have settled in this manner rather than declaring all bets void and returning all stakes. I say that as someone who had many wagers which included Raith Rovers,  some settled and many still open and coupled with sides in English leagues. 

15 minutes ago, glasgow argyle said:

After getting access to a laptop this morning I can now confirm that bet fred have settled SPFL as positions stood when 3 Scottish leagues were abandoned,  e.g. Dundee United,  Raith Rovers and Cove Rangers are winners,  a bit harsh on those who bet on Falkirk to win outright,  and I can only assume in my cynical mind that there is a profit for those firms who have settled in this manner rather than declaring all bets void and returning all stakes. I say that as someone who had many wagers which included Raith Rovers,  some settled and many still open and coupled with sides in English leagues. 

Of course its done on profits mate. Mcbookie aren't paying out 

On 05/05/2020 at 13:39, glasgow argyle said:

Now looking very likely English leagues 1 & 2 will not restart,  so I would expect bookies to adopt the same settlement criteria as per SPFL bets,  , some firms paying out on league positions as they stand and some voiding all bets.  I still have my doubts about English and Scottish premiers being completed and also English championship  as too many players are speaking out against it , certainly in England. 

Just now, born a blue nose said:

Think I’ll spread 40/50 about the Saturday games on bet builders myself 😂

Haha! No idea what's gonna happen, don't know half the players, who's playing, how  the players will react etc but i'm all over everything! Can't wait!