*** Official Betting Thread ***

Creampuff

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, don logan said:

Off to Hamilton on Friday with the work. Don't want to be reduced to the shame of betting on every jockey wearing blue, so can the RM resident tipsters throw me some potential winners? @theblueoysterbar You nailed a cracker for me last year so would be interested in your thoughts.

Will do you a post on Thursday night along the same lines as last year's.

Feeling a bit under pressure, mind :lol:

22 hours ago, don logan said:

I bet small so don't worry about me going off the rails if it doesn't win :pipe:

Here are some stats and thoughts:

Top trainers on Level Stake Profit at Hamilton (last five years)

Ian Jardine +£69.75

Alan Berry +£67.00

Kevin Ryan +£16.63

IP Shanahan +£2.77

Ian Jardine has five out and his profit at Hamilton comes from horses aged 4 and older so that gives you ALEMARATALYOUM in the 6.25, ARCHIPELIGO and AKKADIAN EMPIRE in the 7.00. Don’t really fancy any of these to be honest.

Alan Berry also does best with his older horses, he’s got two out in the 9.05. Both horses’ form is pretty shite though.

Kevin Ryan does best with his 3 and 4YO+ horses in races up to and including a mile so this gives you HAVANA STAR in the 8.35 to look at.

Shanahan doesn’t have any out.

The Uncle Ernie system I use gives these horses:

GRADE A SELECTIONS

8.05     Montague

GRADE B SELECTIONS

6.25     Alemaratalyoum

7.00     Isstoora, Akkadian Empire, Crazy Tornado, Archipeligo, Cliff Bay,

Jacob Black

8.35     Havana Star

9.05     Lady Molly

HORSES TRUMPED BY SELECTIONS ABOVE

8.05     Camacho Chief (B), Move It Move It (B)

8.35     Ninjago (C)

9.05     Twentysvnthlancers (C)

Think it’s also worth noting that Archie Watson is sending ISSTOORA 364 miles from Upper Lambourn to Hamilton on its own. It won easy last time out by 5 lengths and is under a 6lb penalty for that.  Nottingham is a very flat track though and the hill up to the finish at Hamilton might be a problem.

Off my tracker there’s just one horse, one of Ernie’s 100 to Follow for the season, CAMACHO CHIEF for Michael Dods in the 8.05.

Best of luck mate!

2 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Ian Jardine +£69.75

Alan Berry +£67.00

Kevin Ryan +£16.63

IP Shanahan +£2.77

Ian Jardine has five out and his profit at Hamilton comes from horses aged 4 and older so that gives you ALEMARATALYOUM in the 6.25, ARCHIPELIGO and AKKADIAN EMPIRE in the 7.00. Don’t really fancy any of these to be honest.

Alan Berry also does best with his older horses, he’s got two out in the 9.05. Both horses’ form is pretty shite though.

Kevin Ryan does best with his 3 and 4YO+ horses in races up to and including a mile so this gives you HAVANA STAR in the 8.35 to look at.

GRADE A SELECTIONS

8.05     Montague

GRADE B SELECTIONS

6.25     Alemaratalyoum

Jacob Black

8.35     Havana Star

9.05     Lady Molly

8.35     Ninjago (C)

Think it’s also worth noting that Archie Watson is sending ISSTOORA 364 miles from Upper Lambourn to Hamilton on its own. It won easy last time out by 5 lengths and is under a 6lb penalty for that.  Nottingham is a very flat track though and the hill up to the finish at Hamilton might be a problem.

Off my tracker there’s just one horse, one of Ernie’s 100 to Follow for the season, CAMACHO CHIEF for Michael Dods in the 8.05.

Best of luck mate!

Mark Johnston sending anything up tomorrow? His horses are running really well just now 

2 hours ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Ian Jardine +£69.75

Alan Berry +£67.00

Kevin Ryan +£16.63

IP Shanahan +£2.77

GRADE A SELECTIONS

8.05     Montague

GRADE B SELECTIONS

6.25     Alemaratalyoum

Jacob Black

8.35     Havana Star

9.05     Lady Molly

8.35     Ninjago (C)

Best of luck mate!

That's perfect mate and is my template for tomorrow. Thanks for taking the time to do this. Will update you  on how I fare.

21 hours ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Well that went well at Hamilton tonight... 

☺️.........we all had a great night but about 4 winners In total between the 9 of us. Everyone came with tips from friends, dads, the paper etc and they all crashed and burned. Good fun and I'll be in touch when we go back next time.

5 hours ago, don logan said:

☺️.........we all had a great night but about 4 winners In total between the 9 of us. Everyone came with tips from friends, dads, the paper etc and they all crashed and burned. Good fun and I'll be in touch when we go back next time.

question I always ask...be it restaurant, theatre, races....would I go back again?

Hoping your answer would be yes.

That's the fun of a race course

10 hours ago, ianb1547 said:

question I always ask...be it restaurant, theatre, races....would I go back again?

Hoping your answer would be yes.

That's the fun of a race course

Definitely would go back. Always a great day/night out. The betting is just a bit of fun, not life or death.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, born a blue nose said:

betting on baseball in the NHL/NBA off season. such a random shite game. don't even get close

but at least it's a post on the forum.....first in 10 days....

i hate the bloody closed season.............................and shit games to bet on

6 minutes ago, ianb1547 said:

but at least it's a post on the forum.....first in 10 days....

i hate the bloody closed season.............................and shit games to bet on

I always bet on American sports as I'm nightshift and it gets us through the night watching the coupons. basketball is probably the easiest to get a line up.

aye closed season is gash man, can't wait for the world cup to start to get a decent fitbaw coupon on 

On 30/05/2018 at 21:21, born a blue nose said:

betting on baseball in the NHL/NBA off season. such a random shite game. don't even get close

Started betting on baseball the last month or so myself. I've been actually doing okay if I stick to singles (4/4 this week).

At first it was quite tough but i've found a wee system that works and I've got time for it considering there's fuck all else sport to really bet on.