*** Official Betting Thread ***

Creampuff

7 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

Started betting on baseball the last month or so myself. I've been actually doing okay if I stick to singles (4/4 this week).

At first it was quite tough but i've found a wee system that works and I've got time for it considering there's fuck all else sport to really bet on.

pm me said system if you don't mind mate

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

It's nothing that fancy mate, it's just checking line ups and who is pitching! Guys leave out their best/better batters from game to game due to schedule. Also starting pitcher is probably even more important though they change throughout the game. So comparing how many runs a team has compared to the other and how good the starting pitcher is compared to the other starting pitcher. 

I'm gonna have a look just now to see who I'm gonna stick on because most line ups are out now and i'll post who I'm sticking on and why. Probably get pumped now though:lol:

38 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Okay found two I like for tonight my favourite is Yankees -1.5 runs vs Baltimore Orioles. On Bet Victor it's 10/11 but it looks good. 

Firstly I match up the starting pitchers Gray (Yankees) and Cashner (Orioles) using 4 factors 2018 ERA, Career ERA, ERA form for previous month and Strikeouts for previous month. These two pitchers were 2-2 on the 4 stats so no great pitching advantage (all stats on ESPN website).

The difference really is the starting batters due to no real advantage when it comes to the pitcher. Looking at who is starting for both teams I tallied up the total runs for each team and the Yankees have a 70 run advantage with the 9 guys who are starting (this includes two guys with ZERO runs). 70 is a huge difference.

The Yankees are challenging for the playoffs and the Orioles are shite but baseball can be unpredictable. Despite that I fancy this even at odds on.

I'll need to get this on a spreadsheet or something if it keeps working and send it over but that's the jist of it and it's been working!

The other one I liked was the Chicago Cubs @ New York Mets. No real pitching advantage but Cubs have a 43 run advantage. The Cubs are 20/21 just to win. It's never great odds but even if you doubled them up you'd get roughly 3/1 but I stick to singles!

I got the stream on uk racing as they went round a bend (i assume near the end) and we were in front...and looking good...still on the bridle.

the stream cut off..............................and then i watched in disbelief as my bet came up 'red dot'.

19 minutes ago, ianb1547 said:

I got the stream on uk racing as they went round a bend (i assume near the end) and we were in front...and looking good...still on the bridle.

the stream cut off..............................and then i watched in disbelief as my bet came up 'red dot'.

It finished last mate. Its jumping was a bit of a worry but Johnson didn't seem too bothered. You don't expect a horse to fall away like that at all. Suppose going up two classes was maybe a bit too much for it but I'd honestly have expected Johnson and Daly to have had a fucking chat about whether or not the horse could handle it.

Anyway, sorry about that one. 

6 hours ago, theblueoysterbar said:

It finished last mate. Its jumping was a bit of a worry but Johnson didn't seem too bothered. You don't expect a horse to fall away like that at all. Suppose going up two classes was maybe a bit too much for it but I'd honestly have expected Johnson and Daly to have had a fucking chat about whether or not the horse could handle it.

Anyway, sorry about that one. 

you are at the top end of a small handful of posters that shouldn't be apolosing when a hunch doesn't land the way we hoped. cracking race knowledge you post that I enjoy reading mate, can't stress my respect highly enough man. 

1 minute ago, laudrupno1 said:

What's everyone going for at the world cup?Couldn't see a thread on it so asking in here.

score EW on France.  then using hills to put another 10 on them + 10 on griezman top scorer. 5er free bet every time frame win and every goal he scores

will do a couple lucky 15 with teams top scorers night cover brazil 

1 minute ago, born a blue nose said:

score EW on France.  then using hills to put another 10 on them + 10 on griezman top scorer. 5er free bet every time frame win and every goal he scores

will do a couple lucky 15 with teams top scorers night cover brazil 

Sounds good mate,I've not gotta clue for this World cup but I'll be doing afew bets out right and individual games especially some of the shiters like the opening game to make it more interesting :lol: