Angela Haggerty sacked from Herald

Lidl

2 hours ago, Falcoholic said:

When you look back at some of the utter garbage she was penning prior to her "employment" by the Herald Group it should be concerning, and suprising, that she was even considered for a job in MSM at all

Her friendship with the MacKay apparently got her the job,which must be a kick in the balls to a lot of quality and respected journalists who are unemployed,maybe NUJ should look into that.

5 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

Impressive.

Simply stripped backed to the facts. There is more than enough out there to bring the house down so to speak. We should be taking these cunts to task, but I would say there are many making sure that we do not have a voice.

TBH only entity that is big enough to put this out there and get others to listen and put an end to the sectarian lie levelled against us is our very own club. The tweet from some scum bitch re. MOH is just one example that could be used to great effect. It would only take the club to make the very public complaint to plod and she is done for. We pay plenty for L5, so use them to kill off the myth and the agenda.

8 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Entry requirements (minimum)

Two Highers at A or B level, one of which must be Higher English. Modern Studies Higher is recommended.

Candidates without these qualifications but with clear evidence of a commitment to journalism will also be considered

If the standard of journalism within the Scottish mhedia is anything to go by, then I doubt if even having any education is a prerequisite. Those job specifications with "experience in lieu of qualifications considered"  have a lot to answer for in this case.

19 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Two Highers at A or B level, one of which must be Higher English. Modern Studies Higher is recommended.

Candidates without these qualifications but with clear evidence of a commitment to journalism will also be considered

Joining the NUJ costs about 20 quid a year and you need a couple of people to vouch for you.  Anyone could join this thing and write internet blogs.

1 hour ago, Brian Fantana said:

McDonalds are hiring. there's a tip.

Maybe her application would be something like this:

Dear, Mr McDonalds.

I've got a HNC, can I have a job! I see that the only potato thing you have on the menu are fries. Your lack of potato options is blatantly anti-irish. I'm sure you're also bigoted in may other ways like protestants eat alongside normal people. If you give me a job I can use my HNC to sort for you all of this out. For, a start, you could have the McTattie meal.

Yours ignorantly.

Angela Haggerty, HNC, FTQ, TAL

1 hour ago, cushynumber said:

Who said this country does not allow people to fulfil their potential. Even someone with the minimum of education can rise above their humble beginnings as an (alleged) spunk receptacle to gain a platform in a national newspaper.

Three cheers for Sturgeon's Scotland!

Seen it happen in two different places I've worked, both of them now out of business. All you need is applicants with a base level qualification for the job, in her case her HND, and a hiring manager from the "same background" and a workplace can go to the dogs within a year or two. The good workers get pissed off and leave and the replacements get hired based on background rather than ability.
The real question should not be why was she sacked or was it right to do it, it should be why was she hired?

• 2 weeks later...