Angela Haggerty sacked from Herald

Lidl

11 minutes ago, jcb said:

Believe it or not but she is currently on BBC Radio Scotland taking part in a discussion on Buses

What ?

Why ?

How can she blame us for timetables/ pricing/ routes etc.

Didn't take them long in giving her a platform did it ?

This bus?....56c6eeb4db6cb_download(2).jpg.7cb4bab25e

I wonder if the BBC will give air-time to everyone sacked for placing their employers in an embarassing and potentially-libellous situation. And also to those fwends of theirs who skweam at the unfairness of their being sacked and find themselves unemployed for such (ahem) balanced actions.

13 hours ago, kplfishtank said:

Douglas , 

Donald park was an ex player. 

He have a tash ?? 

I remember as a kid going to the West End Hotel in Edinburgh, Union Jack I think, was always heaving with Rangers folk, 2 taig players came in after a game with us

Not one bit of bother, 1 was the Keeper, the other was x Hearts, don't recall the names but I recall vividly the goalie saying we were shite today and be  shite tomorrow with this manager

20 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

BBC Scotland  have her in the phone in studio this morning. 

By giving her and Speirs a live public platform the BBC are making it crystal clear where they stand. It's not with us that's for sure.

The level of desperation to which the media in Scotland is prepared to sink to just to have another wee sly dig at us never ceases to amaze me. 

13 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I totally understand all that - but they are still employing her (freelance or not) - the same with Jim Spence at the BBC. It's just a minor detail that they aren't on a full time contract or retainer but still get paid to do work for them.

As I said I hope the likes of Douglas Park are watching carefully.

I agree. For me, her employment status is less relevant than the fact they are associating with her in any capacity. Someone with her background should be anathema to any respectable (yes I'm laughing at myself using that word) organisation.

"Ms Haggerty's return was confirmed by Herald and Times Group editor-in-chief Magnus Llewellin.
He said: "After careful consideration - including a re-examination of the context of her original social media postings - the decision has been made to reinstate Angela as a columnist.
"She is back with the Sunday Herald this weekend."

"A re-examination of the context of her original social media postings"

So the editor in chief is happy with what she opines on social media. Says it all.

1 hour ago, jcb said:

Believe it or not but she is currently on BBC Radio Scotland taking part in a discussion on Buses

What ?

Why ?

How can she blame us for timetables/ pricing/ routes etc.

Didn't take them long in giving her a platform did it ?

Maybe she's on encouraging other hags to give up their broomsticks and use public transport?

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

"Ms Haggerty's return was confirmed by Herald and Times Group editor-in-chief Magnus Llewellin.
He said: "After careful consideration - including a re-examination of the context of her original social media postings - the decision has been made to reinstate Angela as a columnist.
"She is back with the Sunday Herald this weekend."

"A re-examination of the context of her original social media postings"

So the editor in chief is happy with what she opines on social media. Says it all.

Would these be the social media postings in relation to Speirs or the bigoted hate filled drivel she writes about Rangers fans ?

Dont buy the Sunday Herald and she'll soon be out of a job.

2 hours ago, Bogtrotters said:

They no longer care how stupid they look, so long as they get one over on Rangers then have a chuckle together like schoolboys buming up their first tit wank

Utter cunts

Agreed.

Speaking of titwanks...

33 minutes ago, Gazza1212 said:

Disgusted to hear this. What's wrong with this cunt that he can't stand by his original decision? Reinstating this thing not only makes his paper look stupid but also gives oxegen to the hoards of dimwited cretins who suck up her bile.

Maybe there is just another hate filled beggar further up the food chain chewing his balls 

5 hours ago, Bogtrotters said:

They no longer care how stupid they look, so long as they get one over on Rangers then have a chuckle together like schoolboys buming up their first tit wank

Utter cunts

Any other time I would  feel stupid repeating myself. But if I need any program from bbc 1/2, I use SKY 953 and sky 972 which will give you the BBC NI.

5 hours ago, Bogtrotters said:

He have a tash ?? 

I remember as a kid going to the West End Hotel in Edinburgh, Union Jack I think, was always heaving with Rangers folk, 2 taig players came in after a game with us

Not one bit of bother, 1 was the Keeper, the other was x Hearts, don't recall the names but I recall vividly the goalie saying we were shite today and be  shite tomorrow with this manager

Bogtrotters,

Donald Park is an Inverness man, played for Inverness Caley in the Highland league when they were the Rangers of the North. Then moved to Hearts. I think he also coached at ICT.

3 hours ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Would these be the social media postings in relation to Speirs or the bigoted hate filled drivel she writes about Rangers fans ?

Dont buy the Sunday Herald and she'll soon be out of a job.

Or hits online and he'll be back under pressure to really get shot of her.