PromDeAnglais

Always wanted to start one of these :)

Scottish Cup 5th round. 

Saturday 06/02, 12:30 kick off.

Ibrox Stadium

Sky Sports 1.

Tickets: £19

Available: http://www.rangers.co.uk/tickets

We're going in to this on the back of 3 clean sheets, having only conceded 2 goals in 2016 thus far. Compare that to Killie who shipped 9 goals in January, keeping only 1 clean sheet in the process (against St. Johnstone in the previous round). You can see why Rangers fans will be feeling confident of progression in to the quarter finals.

Form Guide (Last 5)

Rangers: WWWWW

Goals For: 13

Goals Against: 2

Killie: DWWLL

Goals For: 6

Goals Against: 9

Not expecting too many changes from MW, O'Halloran and King are both cup tied. Holt still not fit enough to play against Raith and not expected to start. Jig will be in the dug-out for Killie after Gary Locke got sacked after the 1-0 defeat to Hamilton last weekend.

My prediction: 3-1 Rangers. No rounds of applause for ex players until we've dumped them out please... 

A scrappy one nil win in this would do me but a good victory would be nice.

Foderingham

Tav Kiernan Wilson Wallace

Halliday Ball Holt

Forrester Waghorn McKay.

Might be a bit to early for Forrester to start but I would like to see Miller used for the last half hour of games.

8 minutes ago, wearethepeople1 said:

Need a big improvement over the last 2 games 

I'm not sure. Two 1-0 results tells me the defence and midfield are doing the business on the pitch. I don't remember Raith having one good chance last night. These are just results you need to grind out to win a championship, forgetful but essential. One thing that can be improved is our decision making in the final third, too many times last night we looked like we were breaking then the tempo would slow right outside Raiths penalty area and result in us passing it back to our defence,  improve on that and we'll be laughing.

24 minutes ago, PromDeAnglais said:

I'm not sure. Two 1-0 results tells me the defence and midfield are doing the business on the pitch. I don't remember Raith having one good chance last night. These are just results you need to grind out to win a championship, forgetful but essential. One thing that can be improved is our decision making in the final third, too many times last night we looked like we were breaking then the tempo would slow right outside Raiths penalty area and result in us passing it back to our defence,  improve on that and we'll be laughing.

Thats been an issue against several teams that play 10 men behind the ball. 

Killie won't do that... and their defenders are pish (well, in any highlights on a Sunday night I have seen). 

This could be a high scoring game for Rangers IMO

Am looking forward to it, my mate n I are going to it then getting a drink after it. Should be a good day (tu)

Think we're going into this game really strong, although we've only had 2 goals in the last 2 games, we've still won them both. At that we've misses a vital player or two and been inducting a new player into our ranks. 

Our defense right now is spot on, Kiernan solid as always, Wilson is a little shaky yet but he can have golden moments. Foddy is a great keeper that is still switched on despite not seeing much of the ball. 

For me, the line up would be

Wes

Tav

Kiernan

Wilson

Wallace

Holt

Law

Haliday

Mckay

Miller

Waghorn

Subs would be

Shiels on for Law

O'halloran on for Miller

King on for McKay

15 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Am looking forward to it, my mate n I are going to it then getting a drink after it. Should be a good day (tu)

Think we're going into this game really strong, although we've only had 2 goals in the last 2 games, we've still won them both. At that we've misses a vital player or two and been inducting a new player into our ranks. 

Our defense right now is spot on, Kiernan solid as always, Wilson is a little shaky yet but he can have golden moments. Foddy is a great keeper that is still switched on despite not seeing much of the ball. 

For me, the line up would be

Wes

Tav

Kiernan

Wilson

Wallace

Holt

Law

Haliday

Mckay

Miller

Waghorn

Subs would be

Shiels on for Law

O'halloran on for Miller

King on for McKay

Nice if we could do that.

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

I'm praying Holt is fit.

I like Ball, but looks a fish out of water in midfield - our style requires someone more dynamic, who offers more than just the defensive side of things.

Also, don't think we'll steamroll Killie like some are suggesting. 

Playing Ball in there gives Halliday an attacking role, plus Ball can drop back when Tav and Wallace are bombing forward