*****The Official Rangers v Kilmarnock Match Thread*****

PromDeAnglais

I was confident we could beat St.Johnstone at Ibrox but we got embarrassed.  We haven't played well during the last couple of games but we've won.  I'm sure we can beat Kilmarnock I just hope we're up for it because I think they'll fancy it.  Wouldn't be surprised if Killie sit back and counter do the have the players to pull that off?

1 minute ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

If we keep tabs on Boyd's pace we'll be fine.

I don't know... might need Wallace and Tav to hold back a bit, maybe get 3 defenders marking Boyd just in case his pace rips us apart.... :wink:

2 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

I don't know... might need Wallace and Tav to hold back a bit, maybe get 3 defenders marking Boyd just in case his pace rips us apart.... :wink:

Saying that, maybe the drag force from his new barnet will slow him down.

3 hours ago, PromDeAnglais said:

Always wanted to start one of these :)

Scottish Cup 5th round. Saturday 06/02, 12:30 kick off. Sky Sports 1.

Tickets: £19

Available: http://www.rangers.co.uk/tickets

We're going in to this on the back of 3 clean sheets, having only conceded 2 goals in 2016 thus far. Compare that to Killie who shipped 9 goals in January, keeping only 1 clean sheet in the process (against St. Johnstone in the previous round). You can see why Rangers fans will be feeling confident of progression in to the quarter finals.

Form Guide (Last 5)

Rangers: WWWWW

Goals For: 13

Goals Against: 2

Killie: DWWLL

Goals For: 6

Goals Against: 9

Not expecting too many changes from MW, is O'Halloran cup tied? Holt still not fit enough to play against Raith and not expected to start. Jig will be in the dug-out for Killie after Gary Locke got sacked after the 1-0 defeat to Hamilton last weekend.

My prediction: 3-1 Rangers. No rounds of applause for ex players until we've dumped them out please... 

You done well there. I vote you as the "official *****official***** match thread starter. 

;)

I thought Halliday was outstanding last night in a more attacking role, especially the first half.

Ball also done really well and when the other 5 bomb forward we essentially have 3 CBs and a wing back sitting so I think Ball suits that position.

Fod

Wallace Wilson Kiernan Tav

Ball

Halliday Holt/Mckay/Law if Holt isn't fit.

Miller Waggy Forrester.

It's a pity about Billy King and MOH being cup tied but that's the way it goes. I always thought we could beat them anyway so it shouldn't make much difference.

It's a nice, pleasant day weather wise so it could be a cracker. I still feel very uncomfortable when I see Zelazem's name on the team sheet so I hope MW brings back Law for this one. Maybe Forrester will have had a chat and learns to relax a bit during games.

I'll go for 4-0 at the moment, although I've known that to change as we get closer to the game.

Looking forward to this game myself, any bear who can should get a ticket bought for Saturday and go and back the team and get some much needed cash into the club as well.

I would line up:

Wes

Tav Kiernan Wilson Wallace

Halliday Ball McKay

Waghorn Miller Forrester 

My prediction is 3-0 Rangers.

I'm not sure. Two 1-0 results tells me the defence and midfield are doing the business on the pitch. I don't remember Raith having one good chance last night. These are just results you need to grind out to win a championship, forgetful but essential. One thing that can be improved is our decision making in the final third, too many times last night we looked like we were breaking then the tempo would slow right outside Raiths penalty area and result in us passing it back to our defence,  improve on that and we'll be laughing.

Not just even this, but it feels like 90% of corners we've had in the past few games seems to have ended up being taken quickly and passed back to the half-way line. I know we don't have much of an aerial threat but theres no reason why we cant still whip balls into the box and try to make something happen.

There was even one last night where Miller sprinted over for the short corner then stood on the touchline and watched as McKay (I think) put it into the box, exactly where Miller should have been.

I'm not sure. Two 1-0 results tells me the defence and midfield are doing the business on the pitch. I don't remember Raith having one good chance last night. These are just results you need to grind out to win a championship, forgetful but essential. One thing that can be improved is our decision making in the final third, too many times last night we looked like we were breaking then the tempo would slow right outside Raiths penalty area and result in us passing it back to our defence,  improve on that and we'll be laughing.

Sometimes the attack reminds me of kids on a high diving board. They bomb as fast as they can right up to the edge, then chicken out, turn back and begin their run again.

The back four plus Ball are solid enough. Forrester looks leaner and sharper. we're missing Holt and Waghorn and McKay look just that bit jaded. I reckon Zelalem will start and get his first goal. It will be a very tight game, Kilmarnock will make sure of it.

Don't give a fuck for the Scottish cup this season tbh.we can't afford any distraction from what is the most important target in the clubs history.we are not going to win it anyway and it only gives us more games for players to risk injury and take their eye off the ball.

40 minutes ago, ronniemca said:

Don't give a fuck for the Scottish cup this season tbh.we can't afford any distraction from what is the most important target in the clubs history.we are not going to win it anyway and it only gives us more games for players to risk injury and take their eye off the ball.

Hmmm.

1 hour ago, ronniemca said:

id rather get back into Europe asap,winning the Scottish lets us do just that competing in Europe could have a massive effect on our transfer budget and he quality of player we could attract for next season