NARSA Convention 2017

IainB

8 hours ago, rfc_watp said:

How do you mean about the rooms mate?

Are they not available through the hotel atm or do you have to book through the Orange County supporters club? 

Never been before but quite fancy this.

There will be a special price for the rooms through NARSA,, weekday rooms Monday through Thursday are usually cheap but boy does the price jump Friday and Saturday nights. And yes please avoid Circus Circus and I would suggest Caesar`s Palace as well, they have the scums North American convention there quite often 

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, IainB said:

There will be a special price for the rooms through NARSA,, weekday rooms Monday through Thursday are usually cheap but boy does the price jump Friday and Saturday nights. And yes please avoid Circus Circus and I would suggest Caesar`s Palace as well, they have the scums North American convention there quite often 

Theirs isn't held at CP. it was always the Riviera but that's shut now so not sure where they will go next. No chance it will be Caesars though. (tu)

it does raise an interesting point though as I'm sure theirs is around the same time as ours. :D

7 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

@TheLawMan

Is this a good deal mate? Thomas cook let you book a year in advance and I'm not sure on prices etc or what would be reasonable

Screenshot_2016-02-11-08-48-24.png

Flamingo should be no more than £50 per night in my opinion so assuming thats £350 then you would be paying £915 for a flight which is extortionate.

For example, if i look at 1st June to 8th June this year, BA are £470 return from Dublin. Throw in a cheap Ryanair £50 return and you could get to Vegas for £520 return.  It does mean a few extra stops obviously but that £400 saving could be your drink money plus more out there. (tu)

I would recommend to everyone to leave it until August this year where Alliance Oneworlds 2017 sales start and if there are 2 of you going then i reckon you should be looking at £750/£800 per person for sharing a twin room in Flamingo, Plant Hollywood, Monte Carlo, New York New York, MGM etc.

The only down side is that your flights would likely be:

Glasgow > Dublin > London > Vegas on way out BUT

Vegas > London > Glasgow on way back.

If me and her went for a week in Vegas that time, how much do you reckon it would cost us for flights, hotel and spending money all in roughly?  I'm actually choking to go to this now.  I'd actually go myself if we couldn't get a babysitter, although I reckon I could talk someone into going. 

5 hours ago, GOAT said:

If me and her went for a week in Vegas that time, how much do you reckon it would cost us for flights, hotel and spending money all in roughly?  I'm actually choking to go to this now.  I'd actually go myself if we couldn't get a babysitter, although I reckon I could talk someone into going. 

If you manage your money well, Vegas isnt as expensive as people make out.  You can do Vegas on a budget by having a right few drinks in the room etc before you go out, or clever play of machines.

At best though, you will be £1500 for flights and hotel if you get a good Glasgow deal or fly from Dublin as posted.  Spending money is a bit of a toin coss.  You could get by tightly on £500-£700 i reckon. (tu)

On ‎11‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 6:17 AM, TheLawMan said:

Theirs isn't held at CP. it was always the Riviera but that's shut now so not sure where they will go next. No chance it will be Caesars though. (tu)

it does raise an interesting point though as I'm sure theirs is around the same time as ours. :D

Just checked, there's starts the day after NARSA finishes in 2017 :pipe:

2 hours ago, eskbankloyal said:

Just checked, there's starts the day after NARSA finishes in 2017 :pipe:

That's a bit pish,I was planning to book an extra 2 or 3 days on top of the NARSA dates. No chance I'm doing that if they're gonna be swarming all over the place :anguish:

• 4 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Booked today.

My conviction wasn't a factor in the ESTa so that was approved. Now it's just paying it off and I'm good to go. Looking forward to the pool party and loads a wee durties hopefully 

You will love it mate , Vegas is fantastic. We found a boozer selling bottles of beer for a dollar. 

5 minutes ago, kplfishtank said:

You will love it mate , Vegas is fantastic. We found a boozer selling bottles of beer for a dollar. 

Ffs you'd fall on shite and come up clean. :lol:

In all seriousness I've always wanted to do Vegas and this is a chance to do both at narsa and Vegas. Are you going to this one mate?

6 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Ffs you'd fall on shite and come up clean. :lol:

In all seriousness I've always wanted to do Vegas and this is a chance to do both at narsa and Vegas. Are you going to this one mate?

No mate , I would suggest my narsa days are done but that's for another day. , might do the orsa one in South Africa. 

3 minutes ago, kplfishtank said:

No mate , I would suggest my narsa days are done but that's for another day. , might do the orsa one in South Africa.

Ah no worries mate (tu)

Will the GPB be in attendance again?

40 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Booked today.

My conviction wasn't a factor in the ESTa so that was approved. Now it's just paying it off and I'm good to go. Looking forward to the pool party and loads a wee durties hopefully 

What hotel you staying in mate? Me and the missus are booking up next month,there's a crowd of about 10 of us going over.

3 minutes ago, Sket said:

What hotel you staying in mate? Me and the missus are booking up next month,there's a crowd of about 10 of us going over.

We are in the one the convention is in mate the flamingo. If you're booking you're going to need to leave from Manchester if you're doing Thomas cook. The Glasgow flights are sold out for 31st may and 1st June 

Just now, Rfc52 said:

We are in the one the convention is in mate the flamingo. If you're booking you're going to need to leave from Manchester if you're doing Thomas cook. The Glasgow flights are sold out for 31st may and 1st June 

We're doing the 25th may till the 5th June I think. Mate booked it through Barrhead travel flying direct from Glasgow. Staying in the Linq,next door to the Flamingo (tu)

5 minutes ago, Sket said:

We're doing the 25th may till the 5th June I think. Mate booked it through Barrhead travel flying direct from Glasgow. Staying in the Linq,next door to the Flamingo (tu)

Superb mate I was thinking of going just before it but my mate had booked the 1st.

So we will be arriving the 1st day of the convention.