Ronnie O'Sullivan

6 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

I personally don't think he is bad for this. Guy is a genius in his sport and looking to raise the profile and prize money for the sport not just him. 

10k for the best possible frame in the sport is nothing when you think of a footballer getting in excess of 100k a week win, lose, draw or even play. 

He wants his sport to be recognised and paid appropriately nout wrong with it and knows he has the profile and talent to do it. 

Mate he could make his point a number of ways other than short changing fans that have paid to see him.  

He is worth 32 million.  He might have robbed a kid their one chance of seeing a moment like that.

2 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

I personally don't think he is bad for this. Guy is a genius in his sport and looking to raise the profile and prize money for the sport not just him. 

10k for the best possible frame in the sport is nothing when you think of a footballer getting in excess of 100k a week win, lose, draw or even play. 

He wants his sport to be recognised and paid appropriately nout wrong with it and knows he has the profile and talent to do it. 

He's refused to play/defend his titles in many of Snookers top tournaments over the past few years, effectively playing part time, picking and choosing when he can be arsed to play. His ability is undoubted but his attitude is terrible. If he wants to promote Snooker he's going the wrong way about it. He's a bit of an attention seeking media whore to be fair who thinks he's too rock n roll. 

He thinks he's above everyone else because he is so good but lacks basic class. Not a patch on the likes of Hendry, Davis etc......

1 minute ago, markem said:

Mate he could make his point a number of ways other than short changing fans that have paid to see him.  

I agree he could but a 147 in professional snooker is quite common now, bit like a nine dart finish. 

O'Sullivan has never hidden his intentions to do this, so fans know they have paid to watch and he may choose to make a stand.

Did people complain when he played left and right handed for show? No. 

That was taking the sport on, now he is looking to make players better paid for their talent. 

20 minutes ago, ShanksRFC said:

What a fuckwit, deserves the black struck off his dish for that. Imagine the uproar from the crowd if a darts player intentionally missed the double to complete a 9 darter.

Darts is all about getting finished in as quick a time as possible tho , too go for a 147 snooker players are taking much more of a chance and take much more of a risk , there probably should be more of an incentive , ronnie is a cunt tho

If it wasn't for Ronnie we wouldn't be even talking about the Welsh Open!?  The game is crying out for 'characters' and he's the only one left!

The guy is gallus and when did we start decrying that in a sportsman?  Enjoy him while you can.  The best snooker player ever by a country mile!!!

32 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Fair play to BetVictor although probs only had like 1 bet at £1 or something!

BetVictor ‏@BetVictor  7 hrs7 hours ago

#BVWelshOpen As Ronnie said he could have made the 147, we've paid out on a 147 in the tournament & match #SimpleAs

paddy power did this aswell

o'sullivan really is a prick

Poor show. Snookers on a major decline in the UK and instead of highlighting a 147 he's made a big deal out of a 146 that next to no one cares about. 

Had he smashed a 147 dramatically and over celebrated with a fist pump everyone would have been scrambling to watch the video and taken a slight interest.

When you think about the money that is spunked away on shite premiership players weekly wages surely you can understand how much of an insult it must be to him to only get £10k for achieving such a feat.

Fair play to him, he's got us all talking about the game again.

Probably not the right way to go about it tho, there's guys playing the game who would kill for that money, thats how far snooker has fallen.

Bring back the booze!

8 hours ago, wullyRFC said:

Poor show. Snookers on a major decline in the UK and instead of highlighting a 147 he's made a big deal out of a 146 that next to no one cares about. 

Had he smashed a 147 dramatically and over celebrated with a fist pump everyone would have been scrambling to watch the video and taken a slight interest.

I think you've got that the wrong way round...

If he'd made the 147, nobody outside of regular snooker fans would even have noticed. Far more people are talking about this 146.

Hendry is the greatest ever snooker player and the only reason he doesn't get the credit he deserves is because he's Scottish. That and the fact he pretty much retired the likes of Taylor, Virgo, and slap heed Thorne. Ultimate has to be destroying that tarrier White on every occasion he played him!

20 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Hendry is the greatest ever snooker player and the only reason he doesn't get the credit he deserves is because he's Scottish. That and the fact he pretty much retired the likes of Taylor, Virgo, and slap heed Thorne. Ultimate has to be destroying that tarrier White on every occasion he played him!

Jimmy's a regular in Pattaya, and fond of the odd ladyboy...............allegedly :wink:

One of the reasons he'll have so many fans is because of his rebellious, doesn't give a fuck attitude. 

If he had done the 147 then it would have got a small segment on the news maybe? But the fact he's refused had created a two pager on RM which will get bigger. Got people talking about snooker who probably never have before and the people that paid the money to be there can now say 'I was there when O'Sullivan refused to complete a 147' 

I can see both sides of the story, but at the end of the day who even knew the Welsh Open was happening?  Snookers a dying game, it's lost the characters that made it famous in the first place.

That said, out of all the best things you can do in sports, i.e. 147, hole in one, 9 darter etc.. I would say a 147 in snooker requires the most skill and dedication to your sport, the crowd wanted to see a 147, why not just give them it and then highlight it afterwards?

2 hours ago, GOAT said:

I can see both sides of the story, but at the end of the day who even knew the Welsh Open was happening?  Snookers a dying game, it's lost the characters that made it famous in the first place.

That said, out of all the best things you can do in sports, i.e. 147, hole in one, 9 darter etc.. I would say a 147 in snooker requires the most skill and dedication to your sport, the crowd wanted to see a 147, why not just give them it and then highlight it afterwards?

We got talking about it yesterday in the boozer, and yes your right the only reason we got talking was down to O`Sullivan and his refusal to do the 147.

Also my brother showed me a 6min video of Alex Higgins, now he was everything that the game of snooker eventually didn't want, if you stumble cross this video you will be in awe at the shots he can make.

4 hours ago, B1872 said:

No Rocket Ronnie is the greatest because he walks round the table quicker and threatens to retire every time he loses.