*****The Official Nicky Clark Appreciation Thread*****

LeeWallaceRFC

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe this could be the opportunity that Nicky needed to find his goal scoring form again?

If Waghorn is out for a few games, this could be his chance to show that he has it in him to find the form good enough to win an extension to his contract.

I've always thought that he needs a run of 6 or more games to get his confidence that he'll be in the right places to score more goals. 

I hope he turns out to be what a few wanted during the transfer window and still want... a "striker". For me that means someone that can nick in to the box and get goals... think McCoist as a player. Hes not muscular, but I think it would be good to have him CF and poach goals. 

16 hours ago, Thewhitesettler said:

Maybe this could be the opportunity that Nicky needed to find his goal scoring form again?

If Waghorn is out for a few games, this could be his chance to show that he has it in him to find the form good enough to win an extension to his contract.

I've always thought that he needs a run of 6 or more games to get his confidence that he'll be in the right places to score more goals. 

Is that last year's post and you've substituted Nicky for Kris?  Seems a genuinely nice guy but I just don't think he's good enough.  Perhaps he will confound the critics, who knows.

That was a great strike from Nicky; a goal that any good striker would like to claim. I think we sometimes forget that this is a lad who scored 41 goals in 46 appearances as a 20-21 yr old at QotS and was also the top scorer in Scottish football + the 2nd division Player of the Year, so he's obviously got talent.

We all know the dross we played in the past,which just might have had something to do with his poor form, so if Waghorn is out for a while then perhaps Clark can get his confidence back with a run of games and prove he can be a useful player in this Rangers squad.

I would definitely start him against his old club,because he certainly knows where the back of the net is at Palmerston Park.

If Waghorn is out for a few games it is the chance NC has been waiting for, and it would be nice to see him scoring and giving W&W a wee headache on who to play as a striker.

Great strike against Killie ........ but one goal does not a contract gain, so he will have to show he can take the lead or he will be gone in the summer probably, and that would be unfortunate.

:uk: