*****QOTS v Rangers Official match thread*****

Blackandra

9 hours ago, Corky True Legend said:

Not really. I was always told that no-one should miss a penalty as all the advantages are with the penalty taker. Let's just wait and see what happens. I thought supporters were supposed to back the players.

I back every player and very rarely criticise any of them, oh and I have never booed my team. So I tend to think of myself a model supporter.

i was hopeful he would be a great asset and fully supported his aquisition.

he seems a model pro, and gives his all, but unfortunately he has been found wanting in my opinion.

the fact that I think Waghorn is a far superior player, doesn't make me a bad person. 

If he goes on and proves me wrong then I am big enough to admit my mistake, I'm no expert just a supporter.

17 hours ago, GlasgowsBlue said:

Foderingham

Tavernier Kiernan Wilson Wallace

Law Halliday Holt

King Miller McKay

The manager said after the Kilmarnock game that Clark was feeling a bit leggy towards the end as he hasn't played a full 90 for a while so I don't think he will start but I do think we will see him on at some point.

Clark's about thirty years younger than Kenny, game will have done him good regarding his fitness.  Has to start in my opinion.....the chances we've been making you'd have to think he'll take one.  I thought his movement and finish were top class for the winner during the week.  Confidence player....cometh the hour etc

I'm expecting a tough game if we can't manage an early goal but think we will win by 2 or more goals.

With Waggy being out for quite a while the team will miss his direct style of play running and commiting defenders and while he has scored a number of goals I'm not convinced that he is a goof finisher, take out his penalties and Kenny Miller is close to him in terms of fitness. So goals wise I think we will be fine but he does create openings and space for others with his positive play and we will miss that.

Stephen Finnie match Ref for tommorow....from the same place i come from, 100% jungle jim, allways has a nightmare when in charge of our games.... Only found out there from a mate in the local boozer, where finnie is usually on Sat nights with mates of his, he`s not on the swally ofcourse.

9 hours ago, RFCRobertson said:

Wes

Tav

Wilson

Kiernan

Wallace

Law (subbed later for shield

Hilt

Haliday

McKay (subbed later Forrester)

Miller (subbed for King)

O'halloran

4-1

MOH double, Miller and Kiernan 

I'd play Sword and Shield together with Hilt up top of Sword.

Fod

Tav  Kiernan  Wilson  Waldo

Holt  Halliday  Forrester

MOH/King  Clark/MOH  McKay

(sub Zelalem on, sub King on if he doesn't start, sub Clark/Shiels on if don't start)

(if Holt still has knock then possibly leave Holt as sub)

- to be honest the team selections are hard for me as you don't want to leave some people out,  the bench could be: King, Clark/Miller, Zelalem, Ball, Thompson - that's really strong

I would want to start King for example I think he's a good player, but that would mean playing MOH as CF (?), or possibly rest McKay for one game. 

12 hours ago, Boybluesy said:

Clark's about thirty years younger than Kenny, game will have done him good regarding his fitness.  Has to start in my opinion.....the chances we've been making you'd have to think he'll take one.  I thought his movement and finish were top class for the winner during the week.  Confidence player....cometh the hour etc

Kennys da's about 30 years younger than him fs

Foderingham

Tavernier,    Kiernan,    Wilson,   Wallace.

Ball

Halliday           Holt,

O'Halloran,    Miller,       McKay.

I think Mark Warburton will use Andy Halliday in a more forward position tomorrow.

25 minutes ago, trueblueal said:

I'm not a fan of Halliday and Ball in the same midfield. Stifles our creativity albeit we are definitely more solid. I'd go Halliday Holt Zelalem or Halliday Holt Law. 

I originally went for Halliday, Zelalem, and Holt, but I think that Halliday will play further forward tomorrow.

23 hours ago, allgers said:

Waghorn and Clark, they might be different types of forwards but they both had the same problem at the start of the season, they needed game time, Waghorn got plenty and earned it, Clark might have a window of opportunity here to prove to himself and us he can do it.

I'm not a fan of Clark at all but if Warburton is smart he's saying to him use this spell that Waghorn is injured and prove to me you are worth a new contract. Bust a gut and finish the chances. Make it impossible for me not to deal you in.

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I really hope we don't play Ball, not impressed with him in a midfield role at all. Same goes for Zelalem. 

Nothing wrong with Ball in the midfield, certainly helped our defensive issues. It's just when Halliday is played in with him too.

7 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I'm not convinced it has tbh mate. He should have done better for the Kilmarnock goal in midweek, Kilmarnock had chances in the first tie. Falkirk created chances in our 1-0 win at home. It's had a negative affect on our attacking play. We were far better when he came off in midweek. I would also say the tactical tweak defensively is more key, with Tav not going forward regularly as before, that's had a huge impact on our balance and defence lately.

No matter our personnel, due to our attacking formation, teams will always create chances against us. You can't forget how much trouble Falkirk caused us so far this Season. Whilst Kilmarnock were never a team to be scoffed at. He definitely creates a tight triangle between himself and the two CBs, meaning there is always more cover for them, compared to any point this Season. I also think he's capable of taking the ball and starting our attacks, which Warburton sees as key. 

Granted if the opposition are creating next to nothing, his importance diminishes, but for this game I'd like to see a little bit of steel to start off. 

It's no coincidence our play has suffered every time Ball has been deployed in midfield, it's a classic mistake Super Ally used to make in every game......trying to put square pegs in circle holes.

MW sees something none of us do but I think I see something the magic hat doesn't, play midfielders in the midfield and keep the defenders in defence. The team will play far more fluently and the quicker he realises that the better we will be.

5 minutes ago, Camshy said:

It's no coincidence our play has suffered every time Ball has been deployed in midfield, it's a classic mistake Super Ally used to make in every game......trying to put square pegs in circle holes.

MW sees something none of us do but I think I see something the magic hat doesn't, play midfielders in the midfield and keep the defenders in defence. The team will play far more fluently and the quicker he realises that the better we will be.

So you'd never have played Derek Johnstone at centre half because he was a centre forward?

Ball was put into that role because others including Halliday had been tried and we're found wanting.  Is it just coincidence that when the role has been filled effectively that we are seeing more positive comments about the Wilson/Kiernan partnership.

Foderingham

Tavernier,    Kiernan,    Wilson,   Wallace.

Halliday

Zelalem               Holt,

O'Halloran,    Clark,       McKay.

A fast, forward line with a very intelligent feed!  

7 hours ago, Camshy said:

I hate this square peg round hole argument for any player - especially applied to any player under 25!-  yes many players have natural tendencies that make them suited to a specific position or area of the pitch - but many players - especially young players - gain valuable game time and experience by playing 'out of position' take McKay - left winger or a number 10? Wag horn? A 9 ? Or wide right? ( in fact MW said one of his squad attributes is players can play a number of positions) but many on here want to play ( even young layers) in the same role every time - and that ain't the modern way