*****QOTS v Rangers Official match thread*****

Blackandra

38 minutes ago, Domthenbud said:

You know I,m reading a lot of comments and words like woeful, undeserved, QOS deserved more, well did they fuck. We well deserved the three points, albeit we were not great, in the final third. Fucking laugh when it is said a team deserves more caus they battled hard in the final ten mins when they were 1-0  down. They should have battled hard going forward for the 90 mins. That's what wins games as we, the Gers, have found today. Let's not forget this was a good three points today, should have been easier, but still a good three points. We are where we are at the moment. Balancing the need to go up with the budget we,ve got. We are doing OK. WATP

So you agree we did not deserve any more than a draw with Alloa? Oh, and Hibs beat them 3 - 0 in case you didn't notice.

5 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

So you agree we did not deserve any more than a draw with Alloa? Oh, and Hibs beat them 3 - 0 in case you didn't notice.

But tbf that was at home, on a full size pitch made of grass. They might also struggle away on the narrow plastic.

2 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

You are fully aware of the location of the Hibs game against Alloa and the area their goals came from? The significance of both should not be lost in your inglorious attempt to make a completely spurious point.

The conditions that the game was played in today was a factor as was another 'interesting' refereeing performance. Once again their captain has remained on the pitch when, with a competent official, he should have had first use of the facilities. It must be beyond poor when even Andy Walker is surprised that a foul hasn't been given in our favour!

We were poor today; it was clearly one of our worst performances of the season. Not one player took a leadership role and acted with responsibility over the match in terms of dictating play. Miller tried hard when he came on, there was a phase after the goal where McKay played better, but we needed certain players to be leaders out there, instead of letting the game pass them by. Halliday was poor I thought, and the midfield as a whole had no authority whatsoever.  Glad for the win, but we must play a lot better than that.

12 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

What you blethering about. Alloa didn't happen caus we missed dozens of chances. Shud have been 6-0 min. Stop stirring it. We are ok.

I'm going to buck the trend a bit here. Although we were not our best and specally in the last 20, I still think this was a tough game for many reasons psycologicly. First, another game on plastic Palmerston and straight after Waggy got injured. Next, the junkies won and that built a bit of instant pressure on us to keep the points gap. Next the fact of frustration with all the possesion and no goal result for our effort at half time. Next, QoS had a massive insentive not to drop table points to RR I think so they were never going to be easy. As for Michael O Halloran, well he is going to turn out to be a great asset for us. OK, today his crossing never really connected but he needs a couple of games. Same with Billy King who I think might stay with us depending how it goes. Yeah I know what Robbie said but. We got the 3 points today and now the elephant man has midweek game RR. Like QoS, RR are going to take on the junkies. At this stage of the season, a huge part is the psycologic mental state. The strongest will be superior and of coarse that will be us. We have Mark Warburton and they got a trunk face retard. Next week at home. Onwards and upwards. Fuck the lot of them.

1 hour ago, Domthenbud said:

What you blethering about. Alloa didn't happen caus we missed dozens of chances. Shud have been 6-0 min. Stop stirring it. We are ok.

If you think we are OK then you are in for a big disappointment unless we get our act together soon. I believe we will win the league but I do not think complacancy is justified.

8 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

If you think we are OK then you are in for a big disappointment unless we get our act together soon. I believe we will win the league but I do not think complacancy is justified.

So I,m glad we are on the same page, as they say. I also think we will win the league and I can assure you I am not complacent. We are doing ok with sufficient resources to win this league. We are in a bit of shit currently caus we have forgotten how to score goals but that will return. This will not be the team to threaten the mhanks next year. There will be a few additions. I am optimistic. So have a drink and fucking calm down. I was fucking shaking until we scored today. It's in our blood. We are winners and we will win.

The last third we are poor. Even Waghorn is not an out and out striker imo, he has been getting goals but a proven striker would score a lot more. I thought we would have got a number 9 in January but we just relied too much on Waggy. We have the wingers now, just need a striker in the summer and we will do fine. Credit to all who have scored the goals but I reckon they would all admit we don't have a number 9 and haven't for a long time.

6 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Midfield was horrible today, totally uncreative and QoTS ran all over them.   Hallday has been off the pace for weeks, Shiels is a waste of a wage, McKay has great skill but its unfair to play him in midfield and Hold needs a creative player alongside him.

Yet Zelalem and Law were sitting on the bench.

Oh and anyone who thinks we don't need a defensive mid is a rocket.

I didn't get to see the game as it was a 3,00am kick-off over here but I'm sure Warburton will have his reasons for putting on Shiels (such as pushing McKay further forward and he regarded Shiels a better option on the day) rather than put Law on.

As for Zelalem, have you noticed he has not featured at all for the past three games (all on plastic pitches) after being substituted in the 61st minute against Kilmarnock at Ibrox? Now this suggests to me that (A) He is carrying an injury...(B) Warburton has decided he can't hack it when the going gets tough or he is not on form...(C) It has been decided that playing on artificial surfaces in this weather could cause him long term injury.

The other side of the coin to these theories would be; If that is the case, why was he on the subs bench in the first place! :pipe: