NFL

Clemdog

On 14 April 2016 at 2:18 PM, CaptainAmerica18 said:

This is like a really bad version of the film Draft Day where I can't laugh at the Browns.

:lol: 

Total gamble, but they really need to freshen up at QB. Last role of the dice. 

39 minutes ago, ben51 said:

:lol: 

Total gamble, but they really need to freshen up at QB. Last role of the dice. 

I hope it's Carson Wentz. Apparently they haven't made their mind up between the top two QB's, but surely there's no way they make the trade without knowing who they want.

2.30pm kick-off in London when the Rams pump the Giants by the way ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm hoping some Baylor players will be drafted soon in the first few rounds.. Corey Coleman,LaQuan McGowan, Andrew Billings, Spencer Drango, and Xavien. 

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/baylorbears/2016/04/28/nfl-draft-predictions-corey-coleman-andrew-billings-give-bears-pair-first-round-picks

On 4/27/2016 at 5:12 PM, Nezzyyy said:

Who are we all wanting in round one then? I'd love for Elliot to fall to us at 14 but I just don't see him getting beyond Miami. 

Elliot was picked by Jerrah Jones of the Dallas Cowboys. I haven't seen reactions yet from the Cowboys fans.

I don't really know much about Jared Goff with the Rams. Wentz (Philadelphia Eagles) was selected after him

On 2/18/2016 at 6:17 AM, ben51 said:

NYG.png  - ben51, psb07158, the goal machine.

STL.png - CaptainAmerica18.

BUF.png - JamieD (MIA).

DAL.png - BleareyEyedBear, norgerbud.

OAK.png - Ferris Bueller, mus.

NWE.png - cstmamomusa.

IND.png - Born A Bluenose.

MIA.png -TEFTONG.

GNB.png - stourloyal.

ATL.png - greg_1987.

MIN.png - SasaPapacLoyal.

Just let me know in the posts below which team you follow and I'll update the OP. (tu) 

I follow the New England Patriots.

Venturing into this thread for the first time.....

Thoughts on the big stories from last night.....

- I like Wentz a lot. If Philly keep to the plan and sit him for 2/3 years behind Bradford/Daniel then he will be a real star. 

- Dallas....I hated the Ezekiel Elliot pick at first. They've spent all last season talking about how running backs are a dime-a-dozen and then they go and spend the 4th overall pick on him. Too high for a RB in my humble opinion. However the pick is growing on me. Undoubtedly an insane talent running behind that line. 2014 all over again? We saw in 2014 how much a sustained rushing attack with a high time of possession can help out your defense. I think they're going to trade up for Myles Jack - steal of the draft if that knee holds up (will it? must be fucking dust if all these teams have passed on him)

- Jags are HUGE winners with Dallas talking Elliot. Ramsey consensus best corner by a long way.

- Giants....WTF?

- Dolphins - Tunsil is a fucking STEAL. Half the league smokes weed, he won't be stupid enough to get caught. They look good next year

- Broncos, not sure at all what to make of Paxton Lynch.  Decent athlete, mobile, will fit in well to Kubiak's bootleg offense. He'll start before the end of the season when Sanchez makes a rip-roaring arse of it and throws more interceptions at key times (probably after managing the game well for 3 and a half quarters)

- And my own team....Packers. zzzzzzzzzzzzz.  Another vanilla first round pick. A reach for a defensive tackle who was the 3rd DT on most people's analyst's draft boards. Ted has a pretty poor record with first round linemen so Packer fans are understandably underwhelmed.  Biggest criticism seems to be arm length and playing mostly against weaker opposition.  Some see him as undersized for a 3-4 NT. Can't comment, I have seen absolutely nothing of him. I'll trust Ted but we absolutely NEED to address ILB in the next round. I'd be well up for taking the risk to trade up for Jack (can you tell I'm high on him).

Looking forward to tonight, hopefully stay awake more than 15 picks this time :pipe:

I can't wait for the Raiders defence to annihilate Paxton Lynch.

Very happy with our pick in Karl Joseph, most think it's a bit of a reach but safety was a big problem for us and and he helps fix that from day 1, plus he is an absolute animal.

52 minutes ago, CaptainAmerica18 said:

Laremy Tunsil had an "allergic reaction" and didn't go to his press conference.

*chuckling* :rolleyes:   I wonder how his last name is pronounced- Tunsil.  I am sure it is not "tonsil."

Well that's that over for another year.

Rams have drafted to try and give Jared Goff as many weapons as possible. Looks like they're going to try a spread offence again as well, something they failed at with Bradford 3 years ago.