NFL

Clemdog

8 hours ago, psb07158 said:

The drive where Ryan took a sack instead of throwing an incomplete and giving his team a kicking chance cost them the game

Yeah it seemed the wrong call . However I just don't understand why Falcons never just kept running the ball .

Pats never really had an answer and it would have kept the clock ticking .

You simply have to hand it to Brady on the final drive . No margin for error and he got his team into Over time .

Pulsating game but I just can't believe pats were so bad in every department first 3 quarters with Brady continually being sacked .

And they still won . :hmmm:

16 minutes ago, big blue Fin said:

Fuck Brady

Fuck the Patriots

Fuck Bellichick

Fuck the NFL for allowing a team of cheats to get to the Superbowl

Fuck you for not acknowledging the greatest comeback ever.

I don't much like the patriots either but it was an incredible feat to win like that

1 hour ago, big blue Fin said:

Fuck Brady

Fuck the Patriots

Fuck Bellichick

I'll just leave this here.  

SUMMARY: In 2014, Atlanta Falcons owner Arthur Blank admitted that the Falcons pumped in artificial crowd noise to the Georgia Dome. Blank said that he had seen enough of the NFL's investigation and told The Associated Press, "It's not really a fine line, I think what we've done in 2013 and 2014 was wrong. Anything that affects the competitive balance and fairness on the field, we're opposed to, as a league, as a club and as an owner. It's obviously embarrassing but beyond embarrassing it doesn't represent our culture and what we're about."

In March of 2015, the NFL punished the Falcons, fining them $350,000, stripping them of their fifth-round draft pick in the 2016 draft and suspending team president Rich McKay for at least 3-months from the NFL's competition committee.

The league also said Roddy White -- the team's former director of event marketing, not the four-time Pro Bowl wide receiver -- was directly responsible for the violation and would have been suspended without pay for the first eight weeks of the 2015 regular season had he still been with the club. The Falcons fired him.

1 hour ago, big blue Fin said:

Are you referring to "spygate" and "deflategate"?

Why Spygate is bullshit:

Did you know it's not illegal to film a teams defensive signals or practise?

Goodell brought in a new rule (by memo, which he actually doesn't have the authority to do!) that teams weren't allowed to film from the sidelines anymore.

Spygate was a pissing match between Goodell and Belichick.

Goodell even admitted the recordings had no outcome on the game they won.

Spygate was all about the Pats filming their 2007 regular season game against the Jets from the wrong location. Nothing more, nothing less. 

It's completely legal to film that shit. 

All NFL teams film games and signals for post-game analysis.

You just can't do it from the sidelines and you can't use the footage to gain an advantage in the same game, only future games.

Goodell is just a bitter, bitter cunt. 

Deflategate was utter bullshit too.

NFL's special prosecutor Ted Wells' investigation concluded that there was no direct evidence pointing to the intentional or illegal deflation of the Patriots footballs.

The game officials admitted that they did not log the starting pressure of any of the 24 game footballs so we'll never know for sure the starting PSI of the Patriots or the Colts footballs. 

This is important because if the Patriots started at the low-end of legal (12.5 PSI) and the Colts started at the high-end of legal (13.5 PSI) then weather-based deflation could easily push one set of footballs into the illegal zone while dropping the other to the low-end legal zone.

Weather, temperature and moisture does all have an effect on the pressure of a ball.

Experts concluded the Pats balls, taking cold and moisture into consideration, actually deflated by the expected amount of pressure experts concluded.
They also concluded the Colts balls were actually higher, pointing to the fact they had sat in a warm room the majority of half time before being measured.

Goodell has an agenda against the Pats.

Even after no conclusive proof, banned Brady for four games THIS season (Deflategate happened 2 years ago). 

This idea that the patriots are serial and "serious" cheaters is way, way off.

Take the Falcons for example, as mentioned above by cstamomusa, "noisegate" was just a few years ago and they've had a bunch of players pop for PEDS in the last two decades.

The Broncos - 12 players popped for PEDs in the last 14 years. They had their own "spygate" which was worse than the pats. The broncos filmed their opponents private walk through, which is completely against the rules, unlike the Pats filming defensive signals.

The Steelers - Impedegate, when coach Tomlin comes onto the pitch and impeded Ravens player Jacoby Jones. The Ravens had to settle for getting a field goal when they should've had a touchdown. Just imagine the madness if Bill Belichick had done this?!

The jets - One of their coaches tripped a dolphins player back in 2010 too. Dirty cunts.

The colts - 7 players since 2012 have popped for PEDs and if you believe the "more probably than not" official conclusion of deflategate then you have to believe the colts "more probable than not" official conclusion that they deliberately lost games to get the next first round pick.

The Pats are nowhere near the serial cheaters they're made out to be.

Their 2 biggest "scandals" don't even compare to the examples given above.

The pats deserved to be there and they deserved the win too.

1 hour ago, Supersonic said:

Are you referring to "spygate" and "deflategate"?

Why Spygate is bullshit:

Did you know it's not illegal to film a teams defensive signals or practise?

Goodell brought in a new rule (by memo, which he actually doesn't have the authority to do!) that teams weren't allowed to film from the sidelines anymore.

Spygate was a pissing match between Goodell and Belichick.

Goodell even admitted the recordings had no outcome on the game they won.

Spygate was all about the Pats filming their 2007 regular season game against the Jets from the wrong location. Nothing more, nothing less. 

It's completely legal to film that shit. 

All NFL teams film games and signals for post-game analysis.

You just can't do it from the sidelines and you can't use the footage to gain an advantage in the same game, only future games.

Goodell is just a bitter, bitter cunt. 

Deflategate was utter bullshit too.

NFL's special prosecutor Ted Wells' investigation concluded that there was no direct evidence pointing to the intentional or illegal deflation of the Patriots footballs.

The game officials admitted that they did not log the starting pressure of any of the 24 game footballs so we'll never know for sure the starting PSI of the Patriots or the Colts footballs. 

This is important because if the Patriots started at the low-end of legal (12.5 PSI) and the Colts started at the high-end of legal (13.5 PSI) then weather-based deflation could easily push one set of footballs into the illegal zone while dropping the other to the low-end legal zone.

Weather, temperature and moisture does all have an effect on the pressure of a ball.

Experts concluded the Pats balls, taking cold and moisture into consideration, actually deflated by the expected amount of pressure experts concluded.
They also concluded the Colts balls were actually higher, pointing to the fact they had sat in a warm room the majority of half time before being measured.

Goodell has an agenda against the Pats.

Even after no conclusive proof, banned Brady for four games THIS season (Deflategate happened 2 years ago). 

This idea that the patriots are serial and "serious" cheaters is way, way off.

Take the Falcons for example, as mentioned above by cstamomusa, "noisegate" was just a few years ago and they've had a bunch of players pop for PEDS in the last two decades.

The Broncos - 12 players popped for PEDs in the last 14 years. They had their own "spygate" which was worse than the pats. The broncos filmed their opponents private walk through, which is completely against the rules, unlike the Pats filming defensive signals.

The Steelers - Impedegate, when coach Tomlin comes onto the pitch and impeded Ravens player Jacoby Jones. The Ravens had to settle for getting a field goal when they should've had a touchdown. Just imagine the madness if Bill Belichick had done this?!

The jets - One of their coaches tripped a dolphins player back in 2010 too. Dirty cunts.

The colts - 7 players since 2012 have popped for PEDs and if you believe the "more probably than not" official conclusion of deflategate then you have to believe the colts "more probable than not" official conclusion that they deliberately lost games to get the next first round pick.

The Pats are nowhere near the serial cheaters they're made out to be.

Their 2 biggest "scandals" don't even compare to the examples given above.

The pats deserved to be there and they deserved the win too.

They filmed the Rams before the Super Bowl in 2001. They didn't just film the defensive signals, it was the full walk through.

10 minutes ago, CaptainAmerica18 said:

They filmed the Rams before the Super Bowl in 2001. They didn't just film the defensive signals, it was the full walk through.

There's no conclusive proof they did that.

Boston Herald stated they did it.

They had to retract those accusations.

Less than a day after Goodell met with Walsh, the Herald issued a full apology for that.

Edit: Spygate was only about the Jets game, those Rams accusations came out 6 months after that. And again, no evidence to prove it happened.

2 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

There's no conclusive proof they did that.

Boston Herald stated they did it.

They had to retract those accusations.

Less than a day after Goodell met with Walsh, the Herald issued a full apology for that.

Yes because the NFL isn't powerful enough to shut someone up...

There's no conclusive proof because they burned the tapes.

2 minutes ago, CaptainAmerica18 said:

Yes because the NFL isn't powerful enough to shut someone up...

There's no conclusive proof because they burned the tapes.

You could say that. They're definitely powerful enough to shut anyone up.  

From the Boston Herald apology though all the same:

"On Feb. 2, 2008, the Boston Herald reported that a member of the New England Patriots' video staff taped the St. Louis Rams’ walkthrough on the day before Super Bowl XXXVI.

While the Boston Herald based its Feb. 2, 2008, report on sources that it believed to be credible, we now know that this report was false, and that no tape of the walkthrough ever existed.

Prior to the publication of its Feb. 2, 2008, article, the Boston Herald neither possessed nor viewed a tape of the Rams’ walkthrough before Super Bowl XXXVI, nor did we speak to anyone who had. We should not have published the allegation in the absence of firmer verification.

The Boston Herald regrets the damage done to the team by publication of the allegation, and sincerely apologizes to its readers and to the New England Patriots’ owners, players, employees and fans for our error."

:rofl:

8 hours ago, big blue Fin said:

I JUST FUCKING HATE THE PATRIOTS, OK?

And yes the come back was fucking incredible, and the Falcons bottled it when the game was their's to lose.

I'm just being bitter because I dropped £50 on the Falcons.

Mate I was utterly gutted that the Pats won . The undoubted success they had makes me want others to win .

The Falcons Seemed to have fate on their side with the dawn of a new era at new stadium next year.

I root for the Packers  but there is no doubting . That was one of the most remarkable achievements in  American football history  .

Falcons never really did much wrong .Small margins near the end of the game . Everyone of them went Pats way .

It is very hard to say they never deserved it even although they had no answer first 3 quarters .

Shame about your 50 bucks . Lost a few bucks myself lately .

I really hope Falcons pick themselves up and try to keep more or less same group together although I think their coach is off to 49ners.Not sure 

They will no doubts be dangerous next year as they were explosive this season including hammering Packers few weeks back .

They have the tools at present to win a Super bowl .No doubts 

Who would grudge them it 

14 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Mate I was utterly gutted that the Pats won . The undoubted success they had makes me want others to win .

The Falcons Seemed to have fate on their side with the dawn of a new era at new stadium next year.

I root for the Packers  but there is no doubting . That was one of the most remarkable achievements in  American football history  .

Falcons never really did much wrong .Small margins near the end of the game . Everyone of them went Pats way .

It is very hard to say they never deserved it even although they had no answer first 3 quarters .

Shame about your 50 bucks . Lost a few bucks myself lately .

I'm a Denver fan myself and while it was looking good for a while the wheels fell off our wagon, again!

I ended the season getting behind the Cowboys as I thought their rookie QB was playing some of the best football I've seen.

Atlanta were so close, but close doesn't count for anything.

Never mind we've got eight seven months of waiting for the NFL to bring it all round again.

11 minutes ago, big blue Fin said:

I'm a Denver fan myself and while it was looking good for a while the wheels fell off our wagon, again!

I ended the season getting behind the Cowboys as I thought their rookie QB was playing some of the best football I've seen.

Atlanta were so close, but close doesn't count for anything.

Never mind we've got eight seven months of waiting for the NFL to bring it all round again.

Always had soft spot for Denver since Elway days so you could say i like seeing them doing well also .

Never the cowboys though .They are up there with Jets,Giants and Pats .Teams I want to see lose 

5 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Always had soft spot for Denver since Elway days so you could say i like seeing them doing well also .

Never the cowboys though .They are up there with Jets,Giants and Pats .Teams I want to see lose 

To be fair it was the rookie QB I was rooting for, and cursing my luck that Denver had Trevor Siemion. Denver don't seem to have had much luck getting good a QB since Elway, with the obvious exception of Peyton Manning who was unfortunately almost done when he came to Mile High,

Jake Plummer, Brian Griese, Jay Cutler, Kyle Orton, Tim (WWJD) Tebow and Brock (the money grabber) Osweiler are hardly a collection of world's greatest QBs.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...