Jump to content
ben51

****Official NFL Thread.****

Recommended Posts


23 hours ago, psb07158 said:

I started watching All or Nothing - really enjoying it

Miles better than Hard Knocks (tu)

Hate the Cardinals though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CaptainAmerica18 said:

Miles better than Hard Knocks (tu)

Hate the Cardinals though.

I'm pretty indifferent towards them. I'm a Giants fan but I'm not into the sport enough to really hate anyone (yet) :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

I'm pretty indifferent towards them. I'm a Giants fan but I'm not into the sport enough to really hate anyone (yet) :lol:

Same division as the Rams so there's a bit of a rivalry there.

Think Arians is that type of guy where you'd love him as your coach but I can't stick him. Same with Tyrann Mathieu that plays for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CaptainAmerica18 said:

Same division as the Rams so there's a bit of a rivalry there.

Think Arians is that type of guy where you'd love him as your coach but I can't stick him. Same with Tyrann Mathieu that plays for them.

Aye. Arians kinda reminds me of SAF. If he's your coach you love him. He's like a father figure to players and fans. Opposition teams dislike him but respect his coaching ability. 

Mathieu just starts shouting absolute shit on the sidelines. WTF is that all about?!?! I know trash talking is a massive part of US sports, but when it's directed at fans it's just horrendous. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Aye. Arians kinda reminds me of SAF. If he's your coach you love him. He's like a father figure to players and fans. Opposition teams dislike him but respect his coaching ability. 

Mathieu just starts shouting absolute shit on the sidelines. WTF is that all about?!?! I know trash talking is a massive part of US sports, but when it's directed at fans it's just horrendous. 

The trash talking is OTT, you notice that on Hard Knocks and the Wired things they do after every game on the NFL site.

It's a bit easier to understand when it JJ Watt dishing it out but half the time it's somebody shit that's talking shit.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CaptainAmerica18 said:

The trash talking is OTT, you notice that on Hard Knocks and the Wired things they do after every game on the NFL site.

It's a bit easier to understand when it JJ Watt dishing it out but half the time it's somebody shit that's talking shit.

 

I think the best use it as a motivating tool to themselves, their team-mates and to rile up their opponents to the extent that it puts them off their game. Happens in football, cricket, basketball etc. Kobe was fucking disgraceful with some of the shit he'd say but he is one of the greatest basketball players of all time, so you just deal with it. 

When shit players do it, it's just odd. They should just focus on playing better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, CaptainAmerica18 said:

Romo injured for 6-10 weeks with a broken bone in his back.

He should start giving it this after a TD.

97tt1x.gif

Anyway, you all booked up for London? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, ben51 said:

He should start giving it this after a TD.

97tt1x.gif

Anyway, you all booked up for London? 

Aye mate, down the Saturday afternoon and back up Monday morning.

You sorted?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, CaptainAmerica18 said:

Aye mate, down the Saturday afternoon and back up Monday morning.

You sorted?

Nothing booked apart from my holidays in work. 

What area you staying in? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

4 minutes ago, ben51 said:

Nothing booked apart from my holidays in work. 

What area you staying in? 

Staying in the new CitizenM at Tower Bridge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, CaptainAmerica18 said:

 

Staying in the new CitizenM at Tower Bridge.

I was down for the Joshua fight in April with my mate and the CitizenM was a good price. But I didn't want them to think we were a couple of bumders. Same thoughts again for this weekend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, CaptainAmerica18 said:

Romo injured for 6-10 weeks with a broken bone in his back.

In Dak we trust. Romo should probably think about retiring now. His body just can't cope any longer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to see the Giants win yesterday. 

Kap seems to be getting destroyed on twitter by NFL pundits. Americans see that as a major insult. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rams are still so bad on offense.

Need about 200 yards per game off Gurley because the QB and receiver situation is poor to say the least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Texans cream Cardinals, youngish offence looking good and JJ Watt expected back for first or second game though he's been told that itt's the medics call not his.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ben51 said:

Good to see the Giants win yesterday. 

Kap seems to be getting destroyed on twitter by NFL pundits. Americans see that as a major insult. 

 

No only the pundits who are upset:

Angry fans were burning their Kaepernick jerseys Saturday after the quarterback garnered headlines for remaining seated for the playing of “The Star-Spangled Banner” before the team’s preseason game on Friday night.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Teddy Bridgewater tore his ACL in practice yesterday. Shaun Hill is the backup QB

2014 - Sam Bradford tears ACL. Backup is Shaun Hill :matron: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They released some more tickets for the Colts game. 

There'll be a limited amount going on sale for the Bengals & Giants game in mid-Sept too, in case anyone missed out first time around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At least for one week we'll be getting RedZone in HD. It's on that new Sky Sports Mix channel or whatever it's called.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CaptainAmerica18 said:

At least for one week we'll be getting RedZone in HD. It's on that new Sky Sports Mix channel or whatever it's called.

Red Zone is amazing..Wee bit gutted that Sky Sports have changed the Fantasy League set up. Last Season myself and my Brother had a cracking league going with another 10 friends and it was £20 a head with winner takes all..Me and my Bro shared the winnings as we had the same points total..This new one looks way too complicated for everyone else to get involved..Shame.. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×