NFL

Clemdog

6 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

I'm pretty indifferent towards them. I'm a Giants fan but I'm not into the sport enough to really hate anyone (yet) :lol:

Same division as the Rams so there's a bit of a rivalry there.

Think Arians is that type of guy where you'd love him as your coach but I can't stick him. Same with Tyrann Mathieu that plays for them.

3 minutes ago, CaptainAmerica18 said:

Same division as the Rams so there's a bit of a rivalry there.

Think Arians is that type of guy where you'd love him as your coach but I can't stick him. Same with Tyrann Mathieu that plays for them.

Aye. Arians kinda reminds me of SAF. If he's your coach you love him. He's like a father figure to players and fans. Opposition teams dislike him but respect his coaching ability. 

Mathieu just starts shouting absolute shit on the sidelines. WTF is that all about?!?! I know trash talking is a massive part of US sports, but when it's directed at fans it's just horrendous. 

3 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Aye. Arians kinda reminds me of SAF. If he's your coach you love him. He's like a father figure to players and fans. Opposition teams dislike him but respect his coaching ability. 

Mathieu just starts shouting absolute shit on the sidelines. WTF is that all about?!?! I know trash talking is a massive part of US sports, but when it's directed at fans it's just horrendous. 

The trash talking is OTT, you notice that on Hard Knocks and the Wired things they do after every game on the NFL site.

It's a bit easier to understand when it JJ Watt dishing it out but half the time it's somebody shit that's talking shit.

3 minutes ago, CaptainAmerica18 said:

The trash talking is OTT, you notice that on Hard Knocks and the Wired things they do after every game on the NFL site.

It's a bit easier to understand when it JJ Watt dishing it out but half the time it's somebody shit that's talking shit.

I think the best use it as a motivating tool to themselves, their team-mates and to rile up their opponents to the extent that it puts them off their game. Happens in football, cricket, basketball etc. Kobe was fucking disgraceful with some of the shit he'd say but he is one of the greatest basketball players of all time, so you just deal with it. 

When shit players do it, it's just odd. They should just focus on playing better. 

15 minutes ago, CaptainAmerica18 said:

Staying in the new CitizenM at Tower Bridge.

I was down for the Joshua fight in April with my mate and the CitizenM was a good price. But I didn't want them to think we were a couple of bumders. Same thoughts again for this weekend. 

8 hours ago, ben51 said:

Good to see the Giants win yesterday. 

Kap seems to be getting destroyed on twitter by NFL pundits. Americans see that as a major insult. 

No only the pundits who are upset:

Angry fans were burning their Kaepernick jerseys Saturday after the quarterback garnered headlines for remaining seated for the playing of “The Star-Spangled Banner” before the team’s preseason game on Friday night.

3 hours ago, CaptainAmerica18 said:

At least for one week we'll be getting RedZone in HD. It's on that new Sky Sports Mix channel or whatever it's called.

Red Zone is amazing..Wee bit gutted that Sky Sports have changed the Fantasy League set up. Last Season myself and my Brother had a cracking league going with another 10 friends and it was £20 a head with winner takes all..Me and my Bro shared the winnings as we had the same points total..This new one looks way too complicated for everyone else to get involved..Shame..