NFL

Clemdog

On 20 September 2016 at 4:44 PM, CaptainAmerica18 said:

Sitting in work trying to plan out the trip to London :D

Might head over to Twickenham early because all the fanzone stuff looks really good. Got a leaflet in with the tickets for it.

You got yer finger out yet @ben51? :lol:

No, mate. :lol: 

I was buzzing when the tickets came through. It's just going to end up costing me more money, but I'm a lazy fuck. The last time I went down I booked it all up the week or two before!

18 hours ago, ben51 said:

No, mate. :lol: 

I was buzzing when the tickets came through. It's just going to end up costing me more money, but I'm a lazy fuck. The last time I went down I booked it all up the week or two before!

I've just checked us in for our flight going there :lol:

Was like £100 return each for us and they were booked in July. £200 for the hotel for 2 nights.

14446022_10154596261872372_6106355263025

"Look, were the Patriots guilty of the charges in the first place? I don’t know. You don’t know. The NFL surely doesn’t know. But this punishment — a four-game suspension to Brady, the forfeiture of a first-round draft pick and a fourth-round draft pick, a $1 million fine — was never about the alleged offense. A drop in air pressure of 0.2 PSI has a less-than-zero effect on a football game, and everyone in football knew that. That’s why the Vikings and Panthers weren’t punished for manipulating footballs in plain view, why the Chargers weren’t punished for the stickum towels, and why nobody in the history of the sport at any level ever faced so much as a slap on the wrist for taking air out of footballs.

This punishment was about trying to catch an organization that wins more than anyone else doing something that could conceivably be interpreted as nefarious. It worked — in theory. Until now.

Theoretically, Brady does stand to have withstood some damage by the time his suspension ends. Some folks will blather on about “legacy” or some other word that sounds lofty but doesn’t actually carry any meaning. Still others will see the short-term success of the team under two inexperienced rookies and believe that the wins are somehow indicative that anybody can win games as the Patriots’ quarterback.

The reality is this: anyone who genuinely believes that a fraction of a PSI had anything to do with Brady’s historic greatness and unparalleled ability to read defenses, shuffle in the pocket, and throw a football on target for 16 years … those people’s opinions simply don’t matter. They don’t understand the sport. Brady’s “legacy” will be that of (at least) a four-time Super Bowl champion, three-time Super Bowl MVP, two-time league MVP, first-ballot Hall of Famer and the winningest person to ever play the most important position in team sports. Tom Brady’s “legacy” remains very much intact among those who matter.

The Patriots are still the Patriots, despite the best efforts of the petty NFL owners and the commissioner.

The DeflateGate punishments failed everybody except for the very people it intended to hurt."

37 minutes ago, cstamomusa said:

This is Karma for you saying bad things about my team.   

I stand by my statement.

Rams can barely win with 1 QB never mind 3. Who even wins with 100 yards passing? What kind of witchcraft is this?