10 defining days

TheLawMan

Whilst there are still some barriers in the way, 10 days in April could have a MASSIVE bearing on our immediate future and journey under Magic Hat.

Sunday 10th April - Petrofac Cup - Get rid of the McCoist Ghost

Sunday 17th April - Scottish Cup Semi Final - Potentially 1 game away from Europe, first national final in 5 years and possibly an OF tie

Wednesday 20th April - League Decider - Hopefully the day we put the league title beyond Hibs mathematically

Need to keep winning and ensure each of them happens of course but the above could easily be a £3m-£4m of guaranteed income. (tu)

:21::21::21::21:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, TheLawMan said:

Whilst there are still some barriers in the way, 10 days in April could have a MASSIVE bearing on our immediate future and journey under Magic Hat.

Sunday 17th April - Scottish Cup Semi Final - Potentially 1 game away from Europe, first national final in 5 years and possibly an OF tie

Wednesday 20th April - League Decider - Hopefully the day we put the league title beyond Hibs mathematically

Need to keep winning and ensure each of them happens of course but the above could easily be a £3m-£4m of guaranteed income. (tu)

I'm always a lets take it one game at a time kinda person, so I'd settle for beating QotS tomorrow as it will be a tough match. If we continue as we do then yes April seems to be a big month but we cannot afford to lose focus on each game as it comes.

If Hibs win tomorrow then the pressure is back on us to restore our lead and that is for me a much bigger focus for us than April.

36 minutes ago, TheLawMan said:

Every single game is of vital importance now as we approach the business end of things!

I will never celebrate a petrofact cup win but it will be good for the players.

I home we get to Hampden but it's far from a formality. I want the easiest tie possible (inc SF & F) which I would say is Dumbarton. The result and game of killie v Dundee today will be interesting. 

I honestly believe the league is a done deal on all the football I have witnessed and the whole club deserve European football next season.

Its good for fans to look ahead and see what we can achieve but I'm sure W&W have the squad focussed on one game at a time, albeit I'm sure that's a hard task in itself.

9 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

The Hibs game hasn't been confirmed for Wednesday 20th, just in-case some fans book to come over for the game on that date. It could be the Tuesday.

Hopefully the title is sealed by then, but the thought of having a nice lead and winning at Easter Road again to secure the title is wank material.

They would deliberately just rip us off and charge a fortune if this does happen .That is why I hate those bastards 

Said a couple of weeks ago there was a danger of taking our eye of the ball with this Scottish cup/ Europe pish.we are not going to win the Scottish cup IMO and it has already cost us a valuable player which could prove        Crucial .there is only one target and not achieving it is unthinkable.NO DISTRACTIONS

With Rangers (this year in particular) I have enjoyed the whole "one game at a time" feeling that I have had and importance of each game. But  although MW states, and most of us on here agree, that each game is important, one game at a time, Im also meaning the excited feeling I have felt leading up to each game. Rangers are exciting to watch, attack minded, free flowing... every game is important, and also something to look forward too.

We all know that hasnt been the case over the last few years. 

I agree somewhat still with the OP because that will be a challenging month, and fun to be involved / go too ... a final, a semi final (hopefully) and crucial game against closest rival.

But Im actually excited about tomorrow. For the right reasons, albeit unfortunate ones.

I cant wait to see how Rangers perform after Hibs have played Alloa regardless of that result. Whether Hibs win lose or draw, will any Rangers players feel pressure is on/ or off.

I cant wait to see what MOH and or BK do for a full game, after the unfortunate injury to Waghorn, and because I think Miller will be rested too.

I think Clark will get a start, and feel excited that he may think he has a point to prove to doubters.

All this is guesswork, I know, but it is filled with excitement. April will be a fun month of challenging games, but I am not looking beyond tomorrow just now.

Tbf, we aren't the players, we can look as far ahead as we like, I appreciate a lot don't like doing that due to fear of things not working out though.

It does look like a very significant month if things go to plan before then, Europe would be unreal, and would truly mark our return to the top.

Waggy being out, (unfortunately) gives Clark a chance as justifying a longer stay with us. Alternatively get Hardy into the team and give him a run of games, see how he'd handle stepping up knowing he has a few games in a row to show what he's got.

Or should have brought in a striker in january.

1 minute ago, mclovin9091 said:

Waggy being out, (unfortunately) gives Clark a chance as justifying a longer stay with us. Alternatively get Hardy into the team and give him a run of games, see how he'd handle stepping up knowing he has a few games in a row to show what he's got.

I believe Hardy is on loan to Raith Rovers