Sexwale pulls out

Big Al 55

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Why did it explode anyway?

Must have had some size of suicide belt on it :unsure:

The whale died of natural causes and had been dead for a number of days. There was a lot of gas building up inside.. It was cut open for scientific reasons, and when you cut into a whale that has been dead for a number of days, then that happens :)

36 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

The whale died of natural causes and had been dead for a number of days. There was a lot of gas building up inside.. It was cut open for scientific reasons, and when you cut into a whale that has been dead for a number of days, then that happens :)

f3b.jpg

On ‎29‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 11:05 AM, OlegKuznetsov said:

So, to get beyond the corruption scandals, FIFA appoint an Italian that looks like Dr Evil? 

Not surprised that cepticSFA selected a man called Infantino. His name alone would have excited them.

Just for the sake of clarity, that Italian is actually Swiss

59 minutes ago, mus said:

Just for the sake of clarity, that Italian is actually Swiss

For the sake of absolute clarity, he has dual Italian, Swiss nationality, was born in Brig, Switzerland, 5 miles from the Italian border, supports Inter Milan and has an Italian name, Italian accent (indicating that he was brought up either mainly in Italy or by Italians) and predominantly Italian ancestry. Furthermore, he is fluent in Italian, French and German and can also speak English, Spanish and Arabic. Notably, he does not speak Swiss.

I know that there is no Swiss language as such, but there is a Swiss Romansh language.

12 minutes ago, OlegKuznetsov said:

For the sake of absolute clarity, he has dual Italian, Swiss nationality, was born in Brig, Switzerland, 5 miles from the Italian border, supports Inter Milan and has an Italian name, Italian accent (indicating that he was brought up either mainly in Italy or by Italians) and predominantly Italian ancestry. Furthermore, he is fluent in Italian, French and German and can also speak English, Spanish and Arabic. Notably, he does not speak Swiss.

I know that there is no Swiss language as such, but there is a Swiss Romansh language.

All very good points, but as you say he was born in Switzerland, so therefore he is Swiss, but bravo on your checks on him very comprehensive!!

22 minutes ago, mus said:

All very good points, but as you say he was born in Switzerland, so therefore he is Swiss, but bravo on your checks on him very comprehensive!!

It all comes from Wikipedia. 

Birthplace is a very narrow part of what makes a person be of a certain nationality. 

How many people consider Gough Swedish, Butcher Singaporean or Neale Cooper Indian?

Zelalem considers himself American, despite being born in Berlin.

1 hour ago, OlegKuznetsov said:

All true, but have you been in Switzerland? In some places its all mixed.. Language, cuisine etc.. Some areas in Switzerland are quite complex.. Some will speak French..others italian, german and swiss. These people are all Swiss. Was really weird going from one shop to another. 

6 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

All true, but have you been in Switzerland? In some places its all mixed.. Language, cuisine etc.. Some areas in Switzerland are quite complex.. Some will speak French..others italian, german and swiss. These people are all Swiss. Was really weird going from one shop to another. 

I haven't but I'd like to and, given my other statements about long distance travel for exotic locations, mainland Europe is within my stipulated travel duration limits, so it is a possibility.

4 hours ago, OlegKuznetsov said:

I haven't but I'd like to and, given my other statements about long distance travel for exotic locations, mainland Europe is within my stipulated travel duration limits, so it is a possibility.

You should!! Like I said.. In some parts you have that mix where some see themselves as germans etc. That will explain that fifa guy :)