****The Official Falkirk v Rangers thread****

OceanRain

They may well not play the same way they did against us the way they played today. I never think you can tell too much for one team beating another means the other team should win/lose because of any particular result.

What it does show, just at the point they should be fighting for every point, they still can't do it.

Surely it's better for them to play only one play off game against Championship opposition before the final play off against the Premiership team.

Shows at least a lack of ambition, although I expect them to regain their 'fight' when they play us.

They've still to play hivs so hopefully we can put that team and their manger in a bad place by beating them heavily next week.

Probably won't be a big win, but I'd like to see a win by at least 3.

It's only what Houston deserves, a good going over by us before we leave them to stew in the Championship.

15 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

My mate gets sent off for Dumbarton and Falkirk still blew it, ffs!

As said above they will play much better on Friday.

Great OP btw, glad you put the effort into it, I'm sure @KeyserSoze approves. :)

@OceanRain

Fantastic OP. Nicely laid out, plenty of info. The best official match thread to date. Gauntlet down @Rangers_no1 :pipe:

its all in the training lads :wink:

46 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Falkirk have been our most awkward opponents this season..

Ball back into midfield for this one and i reckon a tight 2-1 win..

I'll also go with our toughest in the league,  too.  Falkirk will deserve second place if they can get it but as long as we win next Friday... that's most important.

1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

We played very well that day and didn't deserve to lose IMO.  Wrongful penalty awarded to Falkirk and the second came from a corner. We dominated the match, having 68% possession, 17 shots, 15 corners and their goalkeeper had a fantastic game. Waggy also missed a penalty in injury time for a draw.

We were much worse in the 1-0 win at home to them at the end of Jan.

1-0 vs Hibs, 1-0 vs QOTS, 1-1 vs Livi, 1-0 vs St Mirren, 2-2 vs Morton 

Of the top of my head we were poorer in those games but the results were more favourable rather than the performance. Our two defeats in the league were both unjust, bad ref decisions and great goalkeeping stopped us having an undefeated league run.

How didn't we deserve to lose? Are you not supposed to score from a corner? Better tell Kenny Miller not to do that again, then. The goalkeeper only did what he is paid to do - stop the opposition from scoring. And I was always told that no player should miss a penalty as all the advantages are with the penalty taker. So yes, we did deserve to lose as we did not outscore them.

Never heard that bheggar Houston whining about being incensed and "seething" after the last match when they got a penalty which was never one. Lets just pump them and shut Houston up about us for a few seasons unless we meet them in cups. This will mean only one team can mathematically still beat us to the title and they have next to no chance of achieving it,in fact I will say they have no fuckin chance. :uk: 

20 hours ago, Misteral said:

Can't see us not winning. Mind you, I say that about every game these days. :D

That's what we do, we win.  That's why it's so difficult when we lose or draw.:pipe:

Good chance to go 20 points clear of the also ran's and put houston and falkirk firmly in their place.