RM Membears Club1872 Unification Vote

Big Al 55

Unify various groups  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Should we vote for RF to be unified with the various other groups to become Club 1872 One Rangers

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, rbr said:

Of course we will RM , but unlike the vast majority that don't use social media nor go on forums etc , we have read the proposal instead of just voting for a club legend because his names on the ballot , or voting because John Brown said it was a good idea in a paper. 

As an example there are 4 guys in my work who have voted and when I asked them what they had voted for I got 4 different answers , all completely different and all completely wrong , but that's just life .

Can you tell me what their reasons were and why they were all completely wrong?

11 minutes ago, The Louden Tavern said:

Your quote is not my quote, I never said people who voted no were @so called supporters ' read it right and not what you want to see

RM

"I have no idea why so called Rangers fans would have a problem with an idea to get us all in the one group."

You said it, think you made your feelings perfectly clear, tbh..

7 minutes ago, The Louden Tavern said:

Can you tell me what their reasons were and why they were all completely wrong?

Varied reasons , 1 guy is a seaon ticket holder who thought he was automatically now a member of club1872 , he has never joined either the RST not RF , this guy travels home and away religiously but has no interest in the politics of fan ownership , he was pretty pissed when I explained he wasnt a member ., never bothered with the proposal and started quoting what ex players had been saying in the press 

Next voted Yes because Gough is his hero , never read the proposals , pays a £5 to RF every month.

Next guy felt swayed by the wording of the question and didnt realise that this meant disbanding both groups to form a new one , again didnt read the proposal , also a season ticket holder whom didnt think he was getting anything .

Lastly was another mate , lifetime member of the RST who had become completly fed up with the way the RST had been heading and in his words " fancied a change "

Its only my opinion but I didnt see anything in their thinking to agree with their voting in that way , others will disagree .

Hi All

Yes 10

No 13

Voted No as per majority.

Note that out of everyone who voted there was a 55%  voted yes and 45% voted no. Will be interesting to see how close that is to the actual vote. I'm betting a 95% majority in favour.

On 2016/03/24 at 11:53 AM, The Louden Tavern said:

Can you tell me what their reasons were and why they were all completely wrong? Was it not that they disagreed with your opinion?

RM

Why the nasty add on in the edit?  You really need to think about your posts as some are antagonistic at best and downright rude in many cases .  IMO of course.

On 2016/03/24 at 0:07 PM, rbr said:

Varied reasons , 1 guy is a seaon ticket holder who thought he was automatically now a member of club1872 , he has never joined either the RST not RF , this guy travels home and away religiously but has no interest in the politics of fan ownership , he was pretty pissed when I explained he wasnt a member ., never bothered with the proposal and started quoting what ex players had been saying in the press 

Next voted Yes because Gough is his hero , never read the proposals , pays a £5 to RF every month.

Next guy felt swayed by the wording of the question and didnt realise that this meant disbanding both groups to form a new one , again didnt read the proposal , also a season ticket holder whom didnt think he was getting anything .

Lastly was another mate , lifetime member of the RST who had become completly fed up with the way the RST had been heading and in his words " fancied a change "

Its only my opinion but I didnt see anything in their thinking to agree with their voting in that way , others will disagree .

"Follow my leader (or hero worship)" is always going to win votes.  A cynical person would say that's why he (RG) is there and maybe why TLT is fighting so hard for him?

54 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Hi All

Yes 10

No 13

Note that out of everyone who voted there was a 55%  voted yes and 45% voted no. Will be interesting to see how close that is to the actual vote. I'm betting a 95% majority in favour.

I reckon it would be around 97 or 98% in favour sadly 

1 hour ago, Big Al II said:

Hi All

Yes 10

No 13

i'll go with 98.7% in favour.

EDIT: and a turnout of no more than 4k voters.

1 hour ago, Big Al II said:

Hi All

Yes 10

No 13

Sounds like the Zimbabwean elections.  Wonder who will be the new Robert?