I want it to be a fair title race- game goes ahead

http://stv.tv/sport/football/1346853-mark-mcghee-well-have-responsibility-to-make-it-a-fair-title-race/

Motherwell manager Mark McGhee says his side have a responsibility to contribute to the Scottish Premiership title race and make it as fair as possible.

The Steelmen face Aberdeen at home on Saturday but are considering asking the SPFL to postpone the fixture due to illness sweeping through the club.

McGhee has just six first-team regulars in training after both the senior squad and Under-20s were hit by a virus this week and will go to the league's board if a further three or four fall ill.

Motherwell could have an impact on the points gap at the top of the table as they take on Celtic three weeks after their home game with second-place Aberdeen.

The 'Well boss feels it should be a fair battle though, and doesn't want to go into the weekend's game with a weakened side.

"It's made for a great game because we are one of the form teams, we have won four out of five, and want to maintain that run," he said.

"If we end up in the bottom six we want as big a cushion as we can, and if we can do better than that, that would be fantastic. So we want as strong a team as possible out there.

"We also have a responsibility to the competition. We've still got Celtic to play, so I don't particularly want to go into the Aberdeen game with half a team and then have my full team out against Celtic.

"I want it to be fair. I want to beat them both with the same team."

He really is a rat face cunt. Doubt very much he'd be asking for a postponement if Celtic were visiting town on Saturday. The bias and desperation from him to see Celtic retain their status as top dogs is fucking so reeking, it's stinking up West/Central Scotland, more than your average Taig does. 

Hope the Sheep fight against such a stupid idea. 

Strange thing to say given that Motherwell still have alot to play for. Shouldn't he be worried about winning points for Motherwell first and last in the circumstances. Very strange that he'd be even thinking about being fair to sellic.

3 hours ago, Inigo said:

Strange thing to say given that Motherwell still have alot to play for. Shouldn't he be worried about winning points for Motherwell first and last in the circumstances. Very strange that he'd be even thinking about being fair to sellic.

That's the biggest thing I take from it, other than that he is a bit backwards, although I think we already know that.

If you're squad is down to the bare bones, understandably you'd be a little anxious and stressed to say the least. However your only concern should be with your own players and your own club and how you can make the best out of a bad situation for your benefit and your benefit only. To make comments like he has is utterly bizarre and basically pissing all over the Motherwell fans. Do you think they give a flying fuck about the title race! All they want, and all he should want is every focus on Motherwell being the very best they can be. Nothing else should matter. Very strange way for a manager to conduct his business although given it's him I doubt many of us are surprised.

I wonder what the average motherwell fan thinks about their managers main concern is to be fair to c****c.?? ..hmmmmm...the man is a buffoon who can't even pretend to hide who he wants to help win the league..always a good chance the corrupt spfl will grant this ridiculous request..sporting integrity and all that pish..