*****The Official Raith Rovers v Rangers thread*****

OceanRain

Looking forward to this, havent been to Raith in nearly 20 years, hate them a lot more now than I did then, plus it could be a title party :D

I think im sorted for the rest of the games this season too, apart from missing the Dumbarton game and the Petrofac Final because im on holiday, but im sure ill enjoy both games from the Bluebells Bar in Lanzarote  :cheers:

Surprised this isn't on the box, there was surely always the possibility we'd win the title round about now.

Anyway, the possibility of Hibs Hibsing it again is very high. Lets hope for a comfortable win and we'll be dancing on the streets of Raith :21:

We've no had the best of weather this season in Fife.  First game was called off, then it was moved to a freezing cold midweek night, and I can describe only as the coldest my body has ever been at a game of fitbaw.  So hopefully the weathers a bit better this time.

Be glad to see the back of this stadium after two years. I can't think of anytime weve been there and its been remotely decent weather. It's always been a hard slog over there as well. Raith have nothing left to play for their practically assured 4th. I'd like to think were hungrier than ever and finally wrap this league up.

6 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Be glad to see the back of this stadium after two years. I can't think of anytime weve been there and its been remotely decent weather. It's always been a hard slog over there as well. Raith have nothing left to play for their practically assured 4th. I'd like to think were hungrier than ever and finally wrap this league up.

Don't speak too soon, They may come up with us! 

1 hour ago, TheBluebells said:

They're on a good run, a clean sheet an a win is exactly what i want.

Selfishly, id rather we won the league at the next game at Ibrox, our return to the top flight in front of a full house will be incredible.

Aye I'm the same.  Would be cracking if it were to happen next Tuesday at Ibrox (tu).  I'm sure there will be a flurry of ticket sales depending on the weekends results so we may well see a massive turn out despite it being midweek if a win means going up.  I'm usually quite reserved with the singing these days but will be singing like fuck that night :uk:

I may even well up a little if all goes to plan :lol:

12 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

2 of our better performances last season were away to Raith.

4-0 and 2-0 cruises if I remember correctly.

16 hours ago, OceanRain said:

raith.jpg   Raith Rovers v Rangers   rangers.jpg

Saturday, 2nd April, k/o 3pm
Stark's Park, Kirkcaldy
Live on Rangers TV (outside UK only)

League position

Raith Rovers: 5th (51 pts)
Rangers: 1st (75 pts)

Last 6 results (most recent first)

Raith Rovers: WWWDWW

Rangers: WLWWWW

Head-to-head (last 6 meetings)

Rangers 2 - 0 Raith Rovers (01/03/16)

Raith Rovers 0 - 1 Rangers (02/02/16)

Rangers 5 - 0 Raith Rovers (05/09/15)

Rangers 4 - 0 Raith Rovers (12/04/15)

Raith Rovers 1 - 2 Rangers (20/02//15)

Rangers 1 - 2 Raith Rovers (08/02/15)

Top Scorers

Raith:

11 M Stewart

7 J Craigen

4 K Benedictus

4 R Hardie

3 A Connolly

Rangers:

24 M Waghorn

16 K Miller

12 J Tavernier

9 J Holt

7 A Halliday

7 L Wallace

Links

Lee Wallace insists Gers defenders are not concerned about their recent record when it comes to conceding goals as the squad knows they are preventable:

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/captains-conceding-confidence/

Rangers could clinch the Championship title this weekend at Stark’s Park but Lee Wallace says he’d rather win it at Ibrox:
http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/waldos-ibrox-win-wish

I must say @Rangers_no1 @OceanRain the quality of these match day threads has defo' improved.  Despite the lack of info re RTV and a small hiccup with the omitting of a score this is up there with the best. I wonder how the •••••official Championees••••• thread will look like? I bet there are  naked cheerleaders and all sorts in that one eh?  

:wink:

A tight 2-0 to the Gers. The Barrie and Harry show.