*****The Official Raith Rovers v Rangers thread*****

OceanRain

For those asking the questions about Hibs results. They have to win every game to get to 77 pionts. We are currently on 76.

We only need a draw in reality as our goal difference is so superior (+ 33 over them). So if Hibs Draw and we lose on Tuesday, we would still be champions. 

17 minutes ago, The_Blue_Flash said:

I'm worried if we don't win the league on Tuesday its going to be a horrible downward spiral,  lose the final, get hammered by Celtic and then lose to Hibs. I hope not but am worried. The defence was shocking today. 

If we both lose then what happens?

I'd suggest you give up watching football and don't leave the house. Ever. Wrap yourself in bubblewrap and don't touch anything. There are germs out there and they could kill you. Only breathe through your nose too, it'll lesson the chance of getting an infection. Make sure you never trim your nose hairs too.

And whatever you do, don't trust anyone or anything. 

I'm not so much disappointed by the away draw which is nothing in terms of the title as disappointed in the loss of 3 goals again but I trust the manager to take steps which will solve that problem.  The defence has been noted as intermittently suspect all season so we haven't learned anything we didn't already know and we do have a close season to work on that. 

The title race is effectively over, we will beat Dumbarton handsomely on Tuesday to mathematically clinch it then we have a breathing space to experiment and prepare for the semi. It's all good as many of us even including the captain of the club wanted the title to be clinched at Ibrox and that's going to happen.

No matter what happens now if any of us had been offered what this season has produced at the start of it with promises of the most exciting attacking football we have seen at the club in many years we would have grasped it with both hands.  All we wanted was a title win by any means and that's been secured in a most impressive manner.  Celebrate.

1 hour ago, ben51 said:

I'd suggest you give up watching football and don't leave the house. Ever. Wrap yourself in bubblewrap and don't touch anything. There are germs out there and they could kill you. Only breathe through your nose too, it'll lesson the chance of getting an infection. Make sure you never trim your nose hairs too.

And whatever you do, don't trust anyone or anything. 

Also it may be best if he wraps himself in tin foil and goes into the freezer!

2 hours ago, Reformation Bear said:

I mark this down to a bit of defensive anxiety in trying to get back to making it hard to score against us. Maybe I'm being too generous.

Clearly defence lessons are not being learned though.  That's as much to do with MW and DW as it is the defence themselves because MW and DW set the requirement, the tone, the messaging, the coaching, and the tactics.   They are not working as the last 3 games prove.   Would prefer the defence to do its talking on the pitch and actually do the job of preventing goals being scored.  When they do that then they can say they've learnt the lessons.

But nevertheless, the first and most important thing by a very long way is we have the opportunity to win the title on Tuesday and we must take it.  When that is done and the promotion pressure is off, I would like to think we will see a return to the much better defensive standards we've seen over the vast majority of the season, and even more freedom for the team to show what they can do in the cup games.   After so many years we are nearly there. 

Ibrox on Tuesday should be the best place on the planet.  A very special game.

I think it's a case of our central defenders just don't have the ability, with Wilson by far the worst of the two.

3 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

I think it's a case of our central defenders just don't have the ability, with Wilson by far the worst of the two.

We've gone from playing 3 central defenders in recent games back to playing 2.    Maybe Wilson will give way to Ball on Tuesday - someone with maybe a bit more to prove and who might be a bit sharper and hungrier as a result.   At this rate of defensive lapses competition there do not seem to be auto-picks for the starting line-ups.    I thought the Kiernan / Ball combination was fine enough earlier on in the season when Wilson was out for a while.   Maybe the time is here to give that combination another few outings to see if that improves things

26 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

That was the first prediction on this thread for today's game. Went well, didn't it?

I don't think today's match has any resemblance to playing Peterhead at Hampden.  First of all Raith themselves are a solid outfit who who have won 7 of their last 10 matches with only 1 defeat in that string and that was to Rangers at Ibrox.  Peterhead on the other hand have lost their last two firstly at home against Cowdenbeath who are third bottom of league 1 then just today away to Forfar who are second bottom of league 1.

Personally I didn't think today would be a crushing win and predicted either earlier on this thread or on another that if it were a win at all it would be a close run thing with only 1 goal separating the teams but against Peterhead in the wide open spaces of Hampden I predict it will be a comfortable victory by at least a couple of goals and a thrashing isn't out of the question especially if we hit a couple early when we may then see a complete Peterhead collapse.