Ferris Bueller

Ally included in celebrations?

3 hours ago, Turnberry18 said:

Where has it been said that Ally would be part of the celebrations? If he was in the Main Stand then that would be standard for an ex manager who happened to be a club legend. The idea that he would be doing anything more than that appears to have come from nowhere. I've imagine that any part he would have in celebrating the club's promotion would be purely as a fan. It would be a surprise if Ally would be happy with it any other way. 

This (tu) 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

Such a shame he spoiled that legacy with his greed

He was a greedy Wee cunt in front of goals 100%

Honestly can't believe some think Ally should be walking around the pitch after the trophy presentation. 

Its a bonkers cringeworthy idea. 

4 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Honestly can't believe some think Ally should be walking around the pitch after the trophy presentation. 

Its a bonkers cringeworthy idea. 

You think Ally would even want to do that? 

Perhaps we should invite Ally, SDM and Craig Shyte.  All three played a major part on us being where we are today.:mutley:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Reformation Bear said:

Well 23 pages - doubtless with a lot more to follow - and its clear the subject has created massive interest.  It has also unveiled some understandably strong views.

I suppose Ally McCoist himself is well aware of the strength of feeling that many have about his time as Rangers Manager and about his greed in raking in a very large sum of money when he was on gardening leave.  Yes, yes I know he was entitled to the money under the terms of his contract but such terms can be waived. He put self-enrichment very far ahead of considerations about how that would be interpreted by a lot of Supporters at a time when it could be argued he was continuing to be financially rewarded for presiding over avoidable and massive football failure.

Ok.  That said there are very few of us who will travel throughout our working lives without ever setting a foot wrong, making bad decisions, performing way below par, saying what was best left unsaid, failing to say what should have been said and so on.  In short finding ourselves in a position which was less than ideal, in circumstances not entirely of our own making, out of our professional depth, but not recognising or acting to remove ourselves from it until a lot of damage is done.   Whether in a one-off short lived event, or like McCoist's time as Manager last season, spread over many months.    To some extent or other we've all ballsed something up big time.   We make big mistakes.

I'd like to think he (Ally McCoist) recognises he made mistakes and errors of judgement that simply do not play well with much of the Support, even allowing for his more than legendary status as a Rangers football player.  Perhaps one day a clearer picture will emerge of the stresses that he was facing at Rangers during his time as Manager which may go some way to explaining the events more clearly.   King and the Board may have a role to play here.  They know the facts.  They have the files.  They are pals with Ally.  They could shed some more light on things if they chose in order to help all of us understand what was going on at that bad time in our history.   Equally it may have been helpful to hear Ally recognising that his time as Manager and his actions in taking the dosh meant he lost the respect of large chunks of the Support who were shelling out week in and week out to support the team. 

There is no way the Board cannot have Ally McCoist join in the celebrations.  He was the Manager who had to pick up the pieces that were left when we found ourselves in Div 3.  He put a team together to win promotions to the Championship.   Yes he had massive resources.  Yes its arguable that any other manager could have achieved the same promotions and with a better brand of football.  But the fact is he was the Manager for that substantial part of the Journey.  He is a Rangers legend as a footballer (more than a legend in fact).   He is a Rangers man.     

So - with some reservations - I can see enough reasons why he should be part of the celebrations.  For my part I'll put aside for a while the raw memories of managerial failure and financial greed and accept it if Ally McCoist joins in on celebrating our return to the top flight.          

Must have been much easier to pick up the pieces than his fucking wallet!

1 minute ago, harlands plater said:

If Ally does appear I'll stand motionless with my arms folded, in tribute.

Emotionless as well.

I'm not sure how i feel about it to be honest. Not many managers would be invited back to celebrate the teams winnings a year after getting sacked. However, he is a Rangers legend and we need to get over the past year.

He shouldn't be invited to celebrate the achievements of others.end of story

58 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Nothing would surprise me when it comes to Ally anymore, sadly. 

John Gilligan at tonight's RST dinner confirmed that ANY former manager would always be welcome at Ibrox but Ally himself will make that decision when or if he wants to return 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kaiser1041 said:

He shouldn't be invited to celebrate the achievements of others.end of story

Think in 5 or 10 years' time history might be kinder to him and probably rightly so. For now it's too raw tho.

6 hours ago, Turnberry18 said:

Depends how much he was pocketing for it!! Maybe just a freebie and cover expenses or a few more free shares!

Ally was my hero growing up as a young chap.

nowadays a think of him as a bellend 

am drunk

1 hour ago, gazza27 said:

Ally was my hero growing up as a young chap.

nowadays a think of him as a bellend 

am drunk

Me too, cheers

6 hours ago, Ace said:

John Gilligan at tonight's RST dinner confirmed that ANY former manager would always be welcome at Ibrox but Ally himself will make that decision when or if he wants to return 

did he buy a fake tap?

9 hours ago, harlands plater said:

9 hours ago, harlands plater said:

Like me i was told we dont fans like us by some 1 game wonder on here 

6 hours ago, Ace said:

I dont think anyone has said or argued anything to the contrary Ace, the title heading and the matter under discussion has been - Should Allly be included in the celebrations ?

3 minutes ago, D'Artagnan said:

I dont think anyone has said or argued anything to the contrary Ace, the title heading and the matter under discussion has been - Should Allly be included in the celebrations ?

So when mcleish won 2 cups that advocaat started the season and was still an employee he would never have undermined mcleish by jumping around the pitch he happily enjoyed himself in the stands 

4 minutes ago, Vwbear said:

So when mcleish won 2 cups that advocaat started the season and was still an employee he would never have undermined mcleish by jumping around the pitch he happily enjoyed himself in the stands 

??????

10 minutes ago, Vwbear said:

A thought a was the only cunt drunk at this time in the morning

• Like 1