Ally included in celebrations?

6 hours ago, King Jela said:

He's 'super Ally McCoist' that bled us dry and jumped ship when the going got tough. You suck his cock if you want but don't dare blame any fan for thinking different. 

He fucking stood with us during the tough times you idiot... He was the man that led us out in the bottom tiers and he tried his hardest (albeit not enough or in the correct way) to get us back.
He failed as a manager that doesn't give you the right to disrespect a Rangers legend because no matter what you say that is what he is a legend.

1 hour ago, GTMLivo said:

He fucking stood with us during the tough times you idiot... He was the man that led us out in the bottom tiers and he tried his hardest (albeit not enough or in the correct way) to get us back.
He failed as a manager that doesn't give you the right to disrespect a Rangers legend because no matter what you say that is what he is a legend.

He stood by us for 80k a month (and subsequently 800k over 10 months for doing fuck all), but do you really think he would have done it for 80k a year which is still a helluva lot more than any other division 3 manager can dream of. Even later on he wouldn't take a pay cut, only a deferment to be paid back to him at a later date.

Ally has only ever been interested in Ally and maybe if you took your Ally tinted glasses off or your head out of your arse for a few minutes maybe you'd see that.

A lot of mates, my wife and my son have all met Ally, but not me.

Bottom line for me is that he was paid £800,000 for pulling up weeds and trying to improve his golf handicap when he should've said to our ailing club, 'thanks but no thanks.'

He signed his contract with Chas Green, claimed he didn't read it  and decided to be greedy.

I don't want to meet him anymore.

1 hour ago, Virtuoso said:

Bang on.

What you'll also notice is that there's a large majority of those who won't hear a bad word about Ally or his SPL salary whilst we were in the bottom tier of football - are the same people who were backing boycotts and subsequently depriving the club of much need funds (esp much needed when we had a manager on 80k a month).

From being a legend to a stain on our club.

Fuck him.

I never boycotted or stayed away, sat there through all the lows, read all the stuff on here etc, but still find it hard to think the worst of him.  

Theres a long list of people and other clubs on my hate list because of the last few years, I can't find it in myself to add him to it.

I see people in here quoting salary figures. Does anyone actually know for fact what he was paid or are you all just taking the paper talk as gospel? Not defending McCoist. I just want to know where folk are getting these facts from. 

What's weird for me is seeing apparent Rangers supporters determined to slate the character of a player who is the record goal scorer for us. Putting it bluntly it's something I'd expect from taigs, determined to slurry the memory of one of our greatest ever players.

Sad times if those making these assertions are actually Rangers supporters, I'm hopeful it's just sad taigs stuck with their own hatred (we don't have supporters like that do we?)

40 minutes ago, DeanMK said:

I see people in here quoting salary figures. Does anyone actually know for fact what he was paid or are you all just taking the paper talk as gospel? Not defending McCoist. I just want to know where folk are getting these facts from. 

IIRC it was all revealed in the accounts.

16 minutes ago, jim white's a bear said:

What's weird for me is seeing apparent Rangers supporters determined to slate the character of a player who is the record goal scorer for us. Putting it bluntly it's something I'd expect from taigs, determined to slurry the memory of one of our greatest ever players.

Sad times if those making these assertions are actually Rangers supporters, I'm hopeful it's just sad taigs stuck with their own hatred (we don't have supporters like that do we?)

Unfortunately it's actually Rangers supporters :( 

I have never seen an ex-player/manager cause as much divide amongst the support as the topic of AMcC does. It's sad that people can't differentiate between legend player and his failures as a a manager. I will say though he has brought a lot of the bad feeling upon himself.

If only he had walked away.........

6 minutes ago, jintybear said:

Unfortunately it's actually Rangers supporters :( 

I have never seen an ex-player/manager cause as much divide amongst the support as the topic of AMcC does. It's sad that people can't differentiate between legend player and his failures as a a manager. I will say though he has brought a lot of the bad feeling upon himself.

If only he had walked away.........

If those people are actually Rangers supporters, don't you also find it appalling the behaviour towards him compared to the actual alleged criminals and fraudsters who were involved in our club, whether on the board of directors or otherwise?

Just now, jim white's a bear said:

If those people are actually Rangers supporters, don't you also find it appalling the behaviour towards him considering the actual alleged criminals and fraudsters who were involved in our club, whether on the board of directors or otherwise?

I honestly believe we would be 5 titles lighter if it wasn't for Ally and I agree that if he wasn't getting the money it would have ended up in one of the charlatan's pockets. However, I think the final straw for a lot of people was the fact that he continued to take that huge salary whilst on gardening leave even after the new board were voted in. I don't agree with a lot of what people say but, until Ally comes out and defends his actions, I'm afraid people will continue to slate him.

4 hours ago, GTMLivo said:

Ex legend.

If he admitted he had not been good enough and stopped taking money for nothing i ,and most fans would have no hard feelings.

But he didn't 

So the guy who was my hero growing up.Now is just another greedy cunt IMO

And I've met him a couple of times,and he lived up to what I thought of him.

So I hate to say how much my opinion has changed.

?

What is it with some peoples desperate obsession that everyone has to despise the man as much as they do?

Some people hate him and others find it distasteful to see Bears call Rangers record goalscorer and former manager a cunt etc. Can we not just leave it at that and move on into a new era under Warburton?

As far as I can see no one has said he "single handedly" saved us, but to deny his part in uniting our support back in 2012 is simply petty.

As for these threads, we've had them for over two years, do we really need to have the same people professing their hatred and agreeing with each other? All it's good for is giving the onlooking taigs a laugh.

21 minutes ago, AlBear85 said:

What is it with some peoples obsession that everyone has to despise the man as much as they do?

Some people hate him and others find it distasteful to see Bears call Rangers record goalscorer and former manager a cunt etc. Can we not just leave it at that and move on into a new era under Warburton?

As far as I can see no one has said he "single handedly" saved us, but to deny his part in uniting our support back in 2012 is simply petty.

As for these threads, we've had them for over two years, do we really need to have the same people professing their hatred and agreeing with each other? All it's good for is giving the onlooking taigs a laugh.

Ally is a Ranger and doesn't deserve to be despised.

However, whatever way you look at it, he took money from the club that he didn't earn, and that has been his downfall with a lot of fans.

He served the club as a player and manager and that should never be forgotten, but he mixes with some dubious characters who might have a bearing on his actions involving Rangers, and who definitely influence the things he says...which is the most unforgiveable thing.

I haven't read everything on this thread, so I don't know if his good pals from EK the Keans have been mentioned, but in my opinion they are a big part of Ally's problems.

The Keans are EK businessmen with a rabid attachment to the filth.  They have an interest in the new EK Thistle football team, and at one time I think they were trying to get an involvement in Clyde FC to take them to the town.  The dodginess of their business dealings is well known around the town, and Ally has far too much involvement with them.  

Every time I see an Ally quote where he bows down to the filth, I see his friendship with the Keans, and his reluctance to upset them all over his words.  I've never met Ally, but my mother knew his mother well and she only ever talked about Ally's love for Rangers, so I know his heart is in the right place.

Ally has turned into a naughty wee boy in the past years who got involved with the wrong crowd, in my opinion.  If I was him, I'd tell that lot to sling their hook.

8 minutes ago, baxterboy said:

Based on this you would include Kenny, then.

Somewhat.  I have to admit to forgiving Kenny a bit though.  His goals have so fu cked timothy up, and shoved their "they've signed Kenny" cartoons right up their arse, that he has softened my attitude.

However, my granda didn't name his budgie Kenny, and have to take his cage out to the veranda and throw it to fu ck.  So on that level, Alfie has some making up to do.

9 minutes ago, Shibbo Liff said:

Somewhat.  I have to admit to forgiving Kenny a bit though.  His goals have so fu cked timothy up, and shoved their "they've signed Kenny" cartoons right up their arse, that he has softened my attitude.

However, my granda didn't name his budgie Kenny, and have to take his cage out to the veranda and throw it to fu ck.  So on that level, Alfie has some making up to do.

You've got a point there .....

.... but obviously you haven't checked the current epidemic of homeless budgies named 'Ally' listed by the RSPCA!

4 minutes ago, baxterboy said:

You've got a point there .....

.... but obviously you haven't checked the current epidemic of homeless budgies named 'Ally' listed by the RSPCA!

The RSPCA have recently released a statement about owners who are currently teaching their budgies to say "Ally is NOT a fu cking pretty boy".

7 hours ago, jim white's a bear said:

Are you saying that it would be alright to slate his character if he was a more average player for us?  So how good do you have to be before you are not judged solely on your actions?  It seems to me that those actions are all that counts and the suggestion that a former player's ability/achievements should make him more immune to criticism is something I'd expect from Tims.  

So many supporters go on about how we have to remember his playing career and that is why he's still a legend. His management was poor but he's still a legend so we should just remember that and move on.

Ok, separate it.

If McCoist had been anyone else on this planet without that playing career what would have all of the fans thought about what he did to us?

He would be the fucking taig, he would be the undercover agent bleeding us dry for having a negative managerial impact on our club whilst laughing like a nutter all the way to the bank.

So, how can fans on here have a go at the fans who aren't blinded by a different era of McCoist?

I find that mind boggling. Do any of those pro McCoist even realise how difficult it is for us to turn on McCoist? Have you even thought about that? He was my fucking hero when I grew up but what he has done to us is unforgivable in my opinion.

He's no longer super ally McCoist, we said he should leave when things started to go pear shaped because we knew it would end up tarnishing his status with the fans. Instead he dug his heels in FOR MONEY. Don't sugar coat it, he did it for our cash in a time where we struggled for cash! 

Unforgivable in the extreme.

But you highlight his astronomical wage, and then someone turns round and says oh but he's got all these season tickets for his family, he loves us.

Crazy.