Ally included in celebrations?

Just now, _mcv_ said:

I think Ally also hated the board at the time, so thought fuck it, why should I save them cunts any money, I'll claim whats mine.

Once he saw the new board were sound, he made a deal.

It took him months to come to an agreement after King took control. There was only about 3 months left on his contract when he reached agreement.

he failed as manager but he gave it a go. his wages are an issue, yes, but he stayed when others left and for me, trying is better than just leaving us in the lurch. 

He should be welcomed in the Directors box to watch a game but there's no need for him to be involved in celebrations.

i have as much an issue with his wage as i do with Dave Kings lack of serious investment tbh.

moany faced people can moan about ally all they want

he has still contributed more to Rangers more than any of you mere mortals ever will

Do you really think it would have worked out better if we gave McCall or something the job for the 3d div? No, it was the previous board spunking money not ally (only a couple fees were paid for his transfers) - it's like saying here's no money - go out and find me the worlds best team of free agents when they aren't out there/don't want to play in Div 3 unless we overpaid them - It might have been someone else such as a board member who decided which players got which wage - not ally, so I wouldn't moan about Kyle's contract amount etc. towards Ally. The entire club was to blame for that not just him

I'm a young bear and I remember Ally for Division 3, 2 and his goalscoring record (I wasn't there during his heroic career where he won the golden boot while at Rangers). Just because Ally himself wasn't a magic messiah of a manager like Warburton it doesn't make it fair to say he didn't have the clubs best interests at heart because he did. If I was him I would have accepted shares as well because if he didn't the bad board would have probably took them.

If you asked any player, Ally done a decent job at least in the Div 3 and 2

Football and salary issues aside, simply for the fact that he was a lone voice in those meetings fighting to keep our titles and history, then Ally should be given some credit on this 'journey'. I dread to think where our club status would be right now if he had walked away on day one like most of our players did.

46 minutes ago, Gandalf the Blue said:

The circumstances he worked under probably wont ever be replicated, so its hard to compare his tenure to anyone else. Shocking manager and the manner he dragged his contract out was pretty poor. However, he was part of the journey.

Aye he was, he was a huge fucking pot hole in the road on our journey. 

2 minutes ago, MacStoner_96Bear_ST said:

he has still contributed more to Rangers more than any of you mere mortals ever will

Do you really think it would have worked out better if we gave McCall or something the job for the 3d div? No, it was the previous board spunking money not ally (only a couple fees were paid for his transfers) - it's like saying here's no money - go out and find me the worlds best team of free agents when they aren't out there/don't want to play in Div 3 unless we overpaid them - It might have been someone else such as a board member who decided which players got which wage - not ally, so I wouldn't moan about Kyle's contract towards Ally. The entire club was to blame for that not just him

I'm a young bear and I remember Ally for Division 3, 2 and his goalscoring record (I wasn't there during his heroic career where he won the golden boot while at Rangers). Just because Ally himself wasn't a magic messiah of a manager like Warburton it doesn't make it fair to say he didn't have the clubs best interests at heart because he did. If I was him I would have accepted shares as well because if he didn't the bad board would have probably took them.

The board didnt play Stevie Smith at left half, Andy Little anywhere bar centre forward , play Big Lee no matter what, run John Daly into the ground while playing him as a loan striker. McCoist had more creases in the elbows of his blazer than he had tactical ideas in his head.

7 minutes ago, MacStoner_96Bear_ST said:

Do you really think it would have worked out better if we gave McCall or something the job for the 3d div? No, it was the previous board spunking money not ally (only a couple fees were paid for his transfers) - it's like saying here's no money - go out and find me the worlds best team of free agents when they aren't out there/don't want to play in Div 3 unless we overpaid them - It might have been someone else such as a board member who decided which players got which wage - not ally, so I wouldn't moan about Kyle's contract amount etc. towards Ally. The entire club was to blame for that not just him

If you asked any player, Ally done a decent job at least in the Div 3 and 2

No he didn't, because he didn't use those two divisions to prepare our team for The Championship. He had no strategy or idea what he was doing I'm afraid. He was a hero on the pitch but off it he made a pigs ear of it. 

19 minutes ago, _mcv_ said:

I think Ally also hated the board at the time, so thought fuck it, why should I save them cunts any money, I'll claim whats mine.

Once he saw the new board were sound, he made a deal.

Oh! I never realised that? Now that all is well, he'll be handing back his 700k?

if any of the Ally slaters were in his position, I extremely sincerely doubt the team would have done as well in Dvision 3, 2 or the failed Championship attempt

If you were in touch, you would know he basically kept the teams heads from going during all the trouble

Are you just going to be angry at every previous manager for not implementing everything that is happening now... every other manager spent money on wages too ...

He can celebrate in the stands as a supporter. Why would he be due any more than that? He was the manager, he failed, he left. Eventually.

Any celebrations should be about this team and the manager who led them to success, nobody else. 

3 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Usual shit from the usual haters ! 

We get it , you love Ally.

Give everyone a single credible reason why we should accept the fact he took those hundreds of thousands from our pocket when we were skint and maybe we will change our minds.

Don't tell me he was not already a rich man

27 minutes ago, WGOH said:

So-called Rangers fans don't shaft the club the way he did.

Agree my friend,as supporters we spend our lives putting in , one way or the other, he gave me many memorable moments as a player no doubt but in management made a right dogs breakfast of it.

1 minute ago, MacStoner_96Bear_ST said:

if any of the Ally slaters were in his position, I extremely sincerely doubt the team would have done as well in Dvision 3, 2 or the failed Championship attempt

Are you just going to be angry at every previous manager for implementing everything that is happening now...

You could have managed those squads to the two titles. Anybody could have done it. You would probably have won the Ramsdens.

Just now, MacStoner_96Bear_ST said:

I never see the amount of slate you hear about ally, towards the real people who "shafted the club" ......

Taking almost 1 million Pounds for doing fuck all is shafting the club. Let's not forget Ally's nice little earner from his penny shares either.

2 minutes ago, MacStoner_96Bear_ST said:

Are you just going to be angry at every previous manager for implementing everything that is happening now... every other manager spent money on wages too ...

Oh for fuck's sake.

We could have hired any manager from any team in Scotland for a fraction of the money and we would have still walked those leagues.

Anyway the argument is not about his failings as a manager ( and there were plenty) but about his taking a fortune from the club after he was removed. That is why he will never be forgiven in many peoples opinion

I've been a ST holder for past 4 years, if I seen Ally I would celebrate with him

I don't see people slating all of the other people who have received a wage which they were offered by our club, that's so unacceptable accepting what the club offer you : ) give us the money back Paul Le Guen you sack of beans :ph34r: