Ally included in celebrations?

3 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

How about not resorting to name calling, no matter your opinion of 'the collective'.  Of course,  I feel sure a man of your intelligence knows  that was my original point.  Ergo no need for a 'genetic phrase'.

:lol: I await to be defended, by you, against what I get called - seems that rhetoric is only against me - not for me! Haters is so mild compared to the language used by the Ally haters - go tell them off! 

I feel that when folks talk about Ally McCoist it reminds them of all the shit we had to endure. He appears to be the face that serves as a reminder of the thiefs, crooks and pan handlers that raped our club. He was never a good enough manager and in different circumstances he would have been shown the door in 2011 due to that seasons collapse.

Everyone wanted a face to remind them of Rangers "the good old days" including the thiefs and crooks (and yes us too) unfortunately for this record breaking legend of our club, folks have turned their eyes inward and attached blame that goes far beyond him as a manager. 

No one really knows his wages, his contract, his life choices. We just know he was a legend as a player but a very poor manager. 

35 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

:lol: I await to be defended, by you, against what I get called - seems that rhetoric is only against me - not for me! Haters is so mild compared to the language used by the Ally haters - go tell them off! 

If you find anywhere that I have offended you then I apologise unreservedly.  Besides always thought it was water off a ducks back.  If we prick you, do you bleed?  With apologies to Shakespeare.

17 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

If you find anywhere that I have offended you then I apologise unreservedly.  Besides always thought it was water off a ducks back.  If we prick you, do you bleed?  With apologies to Shakespeare.

You only 'offend' me when you ask me to back off from having a go at the 'haters' - why would you do that while giving them free reign? I don't take much to heart but no do I roll over to have my tummy tickled. It oft seems on many levels we encourage  the right to alternate viewpoints - unless those alternate view points are challenging.  AnywAy it's Friday - a wee cup final to look forward to  - and I am sure this sibject will come up again - meanwhile be assured I Iove and respect you! (tu) 

Only my opinion but if the club want to invite Ally to the celebrations then im calm with that.

Really cant understand some of the venom directed towards him on here. Think we are all guilty of having short memories (me included).

It wasnt too long  ago when i had a tear in my eye watching Ally and the team do the lap of honour having secured division 2 title. It genuinely felt at that stage the journey back had begun and a club legend was going to bring us back to the top division.

Having now secured top flight footy it feels good but might not have been possible without Ally. He stepped up when others wouldnt have. 

Now the daily rhabid running with the story that MW wouldn't have a problem if he joined in, but it's not his call and he has never met the man.

No doubt some mischievous hack posed the question to him, but better he responded with a no comment. He should never have been placed in such a position, but no doubt the McCoist fans within the board are wetting themselves for him to be part of it.

Well MW, you may not know him now, but you will not forget him after you meet, when the water pours out of your back on taking a drink. 

Read the article in the record 

ally sent warburton a text? 

What you up to after the game mate want to get mwi wee curry karaoke turn the phones aff don't worry about training have a few days aff to recover

Him parading about the pitch with the team as they celebrate what they have achieved would be one of the most embarassing things I've ever seen and would be totally disrespectful to Warburton and his team.

If he's going to be at Ibrox when we are presented with the league trophy he should be in the stands or the directors box and if he really feels the need to be out in front of the fans then let him do the half time draw or something like that.

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

Unbelievable.

Him parading about the pitch with the team as they celebrate what they have achieved would be one of the most embarassing things I've ever seen and would be totally disrespectful to Warburton and his team.

If he's going to be at Ibrox when we are presented with the league trophy he should be in the stands or the directors box and if he really feels the need to be out in front of the fans then let him do the half time draw or something like that.

The guy should be nowhere near anything to do with this side. Wonder why this papish rag never ran the same story with McCall as the lead headline.

1 hour ago, sassaaaa said:

The guy should be nowhere near anything to do with this side. Wonder why this papish rag never ran the same story with McCall as the lead headline.

Is it a coincidence that it's the DR who started this McCoist to Ibrox idea?

McCoist flopped as a manager, which I can live with because no manager is gauranteed to be a success, but I'm starting to struggle with the way that a lot of people still make out that he was really hard done by and is some sort of victim when it's pretty clear that he can play politics as well as anybody else can.

Ally McCoist; Good: bent CG ear about not giving up titles and stood firm on that. Throw together a team in about 3 weeks after all the uncertainty of a licence, not the best team but good enough to win Division 3. Operating under a transfer embargo kept the team winning and acted as a shield / filter for the shit storm around Rangers. Acted as a focal point when we were at our most vulnerable and needed someone who could galvanise hope in the supporters. 

Unknown: we do not know what stuff he had to deal with in the background with CG, SFA and other clubs wanting as much pain inflicted on Rangers as possible. Lots of meeting we will never hear about, lots of defending we never seen.

Bad: poor buys when we came out the transfer embargo, throwing money at experienced players in the hope they would produce the goods, training methods were questionable and the tactics appeared to be overly defensive and lump the ball forward type stuff. Did not build a structure for scouting or bringing hungry young talent to Ibrox. Continued to take a wage after he had walked away, only he knows why but as he was taking a wage he would still have rights in the contract. 

My Thoughts: Ally looked old by the end of Div 2, lots of stuff was still going on in the background and I have the funny feeling that he acted as a break on CG (and others) as he would have sabre rattled about "if the fans knew". In the Championship season some of the business dealing were dreadful, Ally would have fought for money to filter down to him to buy players not in to other peoples pockets, this would have been an endless on going battle with the money men. As the season wore on I thought he looked wearied and haggered at times. He looked unfocused and distracted, this is not the best place to be as Rangers manager. 3 months in to the Championship season I thought Ally looked done, worn out and slightly crumpled by it. He did not look in good health and should have went then. Since then he has been reasonably quiet, so we wait and see what is to come out in court as I assume he will be a witness at some point.

I would have Ally back at Ibrox, in the directors box, enjoying Rangers being presented the Championship. The way he talks about Rangers is the same as Souness and other ex Rangers, don't go looking to be all offended.  

22 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

I'm surprised Walter could walk upright with McCoist's ankes contantly phanging out his erse.

He lied and was found out. So he scored a lot of goals, but it doesn't make him any less less of a self serving liar who betrayed the fans and that he shall always remain. As for his goals, he was well fucking handsomely paid for them! Now let the deluded talk of integrity!

Rofl, he only scored coz he wiz paid.  What a stupid argument.  I'd doubt he was in the top half dozen earners at the time, despite being our most valuable asset.

I've agreed he wasn't a good manager, but his actions at the time of negotiating the 5-way agreement literally saved our club, assured our history and provided the platform to protect our good name.  For me that's more important than every goal he scored and dwarfs the negatives of his managerial reign.

21 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Is it a coincidence that it's the DR who started this McCoist to Ibrox idea?

McCoist flopped as a manager, which I can live with because no manager is gauranteed to succes, but I'm starting to struggle with the way that a lot of people still make out that he was really hard done by and is some sort of victim when it's pretty clear that he can play politics as well as anybody else can.

This papish rag has been doing it for years and we still have fans who actually read and buy this nonsense , no publicity and no money from sales could have finished this rag years ago but for some reason some of us love being wound up by them.

McCoist is one of the most snide creeps ever to be employed by the club , every time he gives them an interview and slides up the arse of the tarriers over the city he knows exactly what he's doing and why.

The guy should never be anywhere near the club again , the crazy thing is we still have folk who thinks he's a hero including his relatives who post on here regularly.

7 minutes ago, ZZed said:

Ally McCoist; Good: bent CG ear about not giving up titles and stood firm on that. Throw together a team in about 3 weeks after all the uncertainty of a licence, not the best team but good enough to win Division 3. Operating under a transfer embargo kept the team winning and acted as a shield / filter for the shit storm around Rangers. Acted as a focal point when we were at our most vulnerable and needed someone who could galvanise hope in the supporters. 

Unknown: we do not know what stuff he had to deal with in the background with CG, SFA and other clubs wanting as much pain inflicted on Rangers as possible. Lots of meeting we will never hear about, lots of defending we never seen.

Bad: poor buys when we came out the transfer embargo, throwing money at experienced players in the hope they would produce the goods, training methods were questionable and the tactics appeared to be overly defensive and lump the ball forward type stuff. Did not build a structure for scouting or bringing hungry young talent to Ibrox. Continued to take a wage after he had walked away, only he knows why but as he was taking a wage he would still have rights in the contract. 

My Thoughts: Ally looked old by the end of Div 2, lots of stuff was still going on in the background and I have the funny feeling that he acted as a break on CG (and others) as he would have sabre rattled about "if the fans knew". In the Championship season some of the business dealing were dreadful, Ally would have fought for money to filter down to him to buy players not in to other peoples pockets, this would have been an endless on going battle with the money men. As the season wore on I thought he looked wearied and haggered at times. He looked unfocused and distracted, this is not the best place to be as Rangers manager. 3 months in to the Championship season I thought Ally looked done, worn out and slightly crumpled by it. He did not look in good health and should have went then. Since then he has been reasonably quiet, so we wait and see what is to come out in court as I assume he will be a witness at some point.

I would have Ally back at Ibrox, in the directors box, enjoying Rangers being presented the Championship. The way he talks about Rangers is the same as Souness and other ex Rangers, don't go looking to be all offended.  

Good post, pretty much how I see it and have said so in various ways many times.  With respect your last paragraph, that's exactly what should happen if Ally is to be there.  It's THIS TEAM and back room staff who should be on the pitch taking the plaudits, there doesn't need to be any other distraction.

39 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

This papish rag has been doing it for years and we still have fans who actually read and buy this nonsense , no publicity and no money from sales could have finished this rag years ago but for some reason some of us love being wound up by them.

McCoist is one of the most snide creeps ever to be employed by the club , every time he gives them an interview and slides up the arse of the tarriers over the city he knows exactly what he's doing and why.

The guy should never be anywhere near the club again , the crazy thing is we still have folk who thinks he's a hero including his relatives who post on here regularly.

Would you ban Ally from from Ibrox? How would that work out?

Pretty sure he has 4 season tickets. Would you withdraw them too?

Ban every season ticket holder with the same surname?