Ally included in celebrations?

If he did show up, I'd happily sing "super ally". Because thanks to that man we got to the championship in the first place. 

Also he got us there on poor managerial tactics that weren't going to cut it, he still did get us there. Which is worth something.

I'm not going to get involved in the whole money issues, what he's done for the club is enough for me. 

EDIT: Also, Mr Warburton doesn't have an issue with McCosit coming back for the ibrox title party. So if it's good for Mr Warburton then it's good for me. 

23 minutes ago, KBOO72 said:

If he's at the game I'll be booing him like fuck. He will ruin what would be a great atmosphere, even more so if we beat the filth the week before. This should be an opportunity to show Mark Warburton, Sir Davie and the players how much we appreciate everything that has been done THIS season. Mccoist has been absolutely no part of our success this season. He had his final day party's in the first 2 seasons after demotion, lapped up the acclaim and adulation that was forthcoming at that point as he was entitled to. But now that is in the past and I think it would be massively disrespectful to the staff this season to have him there in a fortnight's time.

Will not boo myself, but agree with all the rest of your post. The whole idea of Ally being involved in any celebrations is wrong IMO. 

Time as they say is a great healer , IMO the hurt of his last acts at the club (never mind the shit football we had to endure) are still too raw . The winning of this title has nothing to do with Ally , and it's this title were celebrating . 

If some within the club have decided to build bridges with him , then there's not much the support can do , but to me an invite to the first home game next season would be the better option rather than taking focus away from the squad and management team who actually achieved the winning of the championship . I would also have been a bit more receptive to his return if it didn't seem to be part of a daily record led agenda .

15 minutes ago, KBOO72 said:

Nuh, he'll be getting exactly what he deserves. And that is booed like fuck so he has no doubt about my feelings towards him. You can clap and cheer for him if you want. 

I can assure you mate .No one will boo Ally but I think 60% will have contempt and mixed feelings for him .Ally will believe the whole support loves him again if a few hundred cheer him .That's Ally

3 minutes ago, Fred H Crawford said:

Time as they say is a great healer , IMO the hurt of his last acts at the club (never mind the shit football we had to endure) are still too raw . The winning of this title has nothing to do with Ally , and it's this title were celebrating . 

If some within the club have decided to build bridges with him , then there's not much the support can do , but to me an invite to the first home game next season would be the better option rather than taking focus away from the squad and management team who actually achieved the winning of the championship . I would also have been a bit more receptive to his return if it didn't seem to be part of a daily record led agenda .

This is all hype.  And why would anyone at the club need to build bridges with Ally? Nonsense.

THE new Ibrox board have tried to broker a deal with McCoist in recent weeks but attempts have so far proved fruitless as King conceded the club are relying on the goodwill of the former boss.

ALLY McCoist has rejected the chance to cut a deal on his contract as Dave Kingadmits they must rely on a favour from their former boss.

But the Ibrox club have revealed they sacked former chief Derek Llambias and finance director Barry Leach – and they won’t receive a penny in a pay off.

McCoist was put on 12-month gardening leave by the Rangers board in December and will have pocketed more than £300,000 by the time his salary drops at the end of the month.

Concern has been growing among the Light Blues legions about the failure to agree a 
compromise on his contract as McCoist puts his legendary status on the line.

The new Ibrox board have tried to broker a deal in recent weeks but attempts have so far proved fruitless as King, set to be named chairman today, conceded they’re relying on the goodwill of the former striking idol.

Interim chairman Paul Murray said: “We have met with Ally a couple of times and have tried to resolve the situation and have not been able to do so but are still trying. It is life.”

King says McCoist is entitled to have his contract honoured as he rejected claims the former Scotland star should give up money to help Rangers rebuild from financial rubble.He said: “The fact is Ally is entitled to his money. That was the deal so I don’t think there is any situation to be resolved.

“The question is can one ask him to accommodate the club? He doesn’t have an obligation, doesn’t owe anything to the club.

“It’s a question of whether the club can convince him that, under the new regime, he should give some satisfaction, so to speak.

“Ally is quite within his rights to be doing what he is doing. There is no situation to be resolved. We are asking him to do us a favour.

“The club owes Ally as much as he owes them in terms of the satisfaction he has given fans over the years. The fact is he has a contract and the club must respect contracts. There is no dispute with Ally McCoist.

“Maybe there is an opportunity for us to go and say, ‘Ally we are here, we are staying, would you assist us in some way going forward?’

“But we must understand he would be doing us a favour. He owes us no obligation.”

King insists McCoist’s £60,000-a-month contract is not a drain on the club financially and says the doors of the club will always be open to him, deal or no deal.

He added: “Obviously, more cash is better than less cash but it’s not going to change any of our plans for next season.

“Ally is perfectly within his rights, there is no conflict between Ally and the board. He is an absolute icon and legend at Rangers and I would be very surprised and disappointed if any of the discussions we had with him resulted in any change to that status.

“We will make him feel extremely welcome when he comes back.”

King may be willing to honour McCoist’s deal but Mike Ashley’s men Llambias and Leach have had their employment terminated.

Murray added: “They have now left the company as of this week. It’s a confidential situation.”

Their departure frees up King to appoint his own executive team but the move may be subject to legal challenge.

http://www.<No links to this website>/sport/football/football-news/dave-king-asks-ally-mccoist-5739265#MFhI33SKDbExbdzi.97

SUPER ALLY 

SUPER ALLY 

5 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

If he did show up, I'd happily sing "super ally". Because thanks to that man we got to the championship in the first place. 

Also he got us there on poor managerial tactics that weren't going to cut it, he still did get us there. Which is worth something.

I'm not going to get involved in the whole money issues, what he's done for the club is enough for me. 

EDIT: Also, Mr Warburton doesn't have an issue with McCosit coming back for the ibrox title party. So if it's good for Mr Warburton then it's good for me. 

He diplomatically did say his return was up to others.

NOTHING should be allowed to detract from MW/DW and the team and if our board had a spine, they would put this speculation to bed right now! It is nothing less than a slap in the face to MW and to all those who actually have some integrity.

Just now, Blue Avenger said:

He diplomatically did say his return was up to others.

NOTHING should be allowed to detract from MW/DW and the team and if our board had a spine, they would put this speculation to bed right now! It is nothing less than a slap in the face to MW and to all those who actually have some integrity.

Is it really?

14 minutes ago, jintybear said:

I actually think you'll be in the minority booing him TBH. If you want to bring embarrassment on the club by booing a Rangers legend then that's what to do.

I don't believe in booing any Ranger , but do you not think that it would be an embarrassment to parade the manager who failed to win the same trophy with possibly a bigger budget . After all most of ally's squad are no longer at the club being deemed not up to the task .No supporter who sat through last season should be made to feel uncomfortable celebrating this title due to the appearance on the park of ally .

15 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Read the comments :lol: 

People are fucking clueless 

https://www.facebook.com/ibrox.loyal/timeline

Had to laugh, read a comment elsewhere, 'Bring him back so we can stone him'! So they are going to use him to build bridges ? Fcuk me how out of touch are these people !:sherlock:

9 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

This is all hype.  And why would anyone at the club need to build bridges with Ally? Nonsense.

IMO , Ally knows where the bodies are buried . 

Would suit the board better to have Ally onside before the upcoming court cases . The less negative stories the better . TBH There could be numerous reasons to build bridges with him , the ordinary fan will no doubt be the last to know .

11 minutes ago, Fred H Crawford said:

IMO , Ally knows where the bodies are buried . 

Would suit the board better to have Ally onside before the upcoming court cases . The less negative stories the better . TBH There could be numerous reasons to build bridges with him , the ordinary fan will no doubt be the last to know .

This sounds more like the plot to an opera. This club has great links to its past, through ex players etc. If you go the Thornton Suite, the Members Club and so then you will meet many ex players, it maintains a sense of continuity within  the club and honours the past heroes of the club. Why wouldn't the club's record goalscorer not be part of the club, if even in that way sometime in the future? One of the strengths of the club is that ex players still maintain links with the club. Ally will always be welcome at Ibrox I would suggest.

44 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Because thanks to that man we got to the championship in the first place. 

Fucking deluded....we would have gotten there with any manager in charge given the budget. On all other fronts he failed as a manager...and I'm not even going to go into how much money he cost the club due to his inability and arrogance.

8 minutes ago, Amato said:

I reckon if McCoist is indeed part of the celebrations then the vast majority will cheer him. I don't think the hatred for him on here is representative of the wider fan base. Of course, I could be wrong

Your not wrong probably but we are notoriously apathetic