Ally included in celebrations?

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

So he breaks his contract like Naismith and the rest and leaves himself open to legal action?

Rich man or not is that a particularly sensible course of action to take? 

Are you seriously suggesting they would have taken legal action for breach of contract had he simply resigned?

Would that court case not have ruined their scheme to have all the interest on Ally?

2 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

Are you seriously suggesting they would have taken legal action for breach of contract had he simply resigned?

Would that court case not have ruined their scheme to have all the interest on Ally?

He did simply resign. 

Edit: Had he taken in employment without the approval of the board/termination of his notice period then I don't doubt for a minute they'd have looked at taking action.

Fuck him.

It's been summed up already in this thread why he's not welcome on the park. If he wants to pay his way in with the money he earned sitting on his arse then fair play. He can sit in the stands.

Would be disrespectful to Warburton to bring this guy on. He left us in a fucking mess. One day he will be forgiven, long time away though.

3 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

It was a question.

Have they been part of the journey too and do they deserve to come along?

PS

Many would say Ally hardly fits the description of "coaching" the team

No. Board members don't deserve credit for football success. See the stooshie over Stockbridges promotion bonus. 

1 minute ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Some might say they played their part in saving the club, rat bastards that the are but they played their part just like Ally.

If we were celebrating "saving the club" then they'd be welcome. We're not.

It's a dilemma for me. I think he should be involved in the fact that he did get us through 3 divisions - yes the football was shite and we were bored out our minds but he was the manager. I also firmly believe that green would have given our titles away in a whim and it's because of Ally that we still have them in tact.

On the other hand he did get paid a hell of a lot of money for being our manager and, as I said, the football was brutal. I would hate him to come to Ibrox and be abused and boo'd by fans. It's not the Rangers way and I think that would be embarrassing for us as well as him.

I don't even know if he would accept an invitation anyway.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

If we were celebrating "saving the club" then they'd be welcome. We're not.

So we are celebrating success, Ally never really brought us any success, I don't remember us celebrating any of the promotions in the lower leagues, it was expected.

1 minute ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

So we are celebrating success, Ally never really brought us any success, I don't remember us celebrating any of the promotions in the lower leagues, it was expected.

You don't remember trophies being presented and players doing a lap of honour etc? 

Winning the Premiership title and both cups is also expected. Don't we celebrate those?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

9 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

You miss the ally managerial years it kept you on your toes !

• Surrendered a colossal 15 point lead to Celtic in the SPL, overturned in just 7 weeks (5th Nov - 24th Dec 2011). By 8th Feb 2012 Celtic were 10 points ahead - a total swing of 25 points in just 12 weeks or so.

• Knocked out of the League Cup, beaten 3-2 by 1st Division outfit, Falkirk.

• Knocked out of the Scottish Cup, beaten 2-0 by Dundee Utd.

• Knocked out of the Champions League by Swedish minnows, Malmo.

• Knocked out of the Europa League by Slovenian minnows, Maribor.

• Gubbed 1-0 by Kilmarnock in our first game after going into Administration. Over the following 3 weeks we were also beaten 2-1 by Hearts and 2-1 by Dundee Utd.

• Just managed to narrowly scrape a 2-1 win against part-time minnows, Brechin City in the Ramsdens Pawnbrokers Cup at Glebe Park - needing a last gasp, extra time goal to do so.

• Just managed to scrape a 2-2 draw with part-time minnows, Peterhead at Balmoor - needing a last gasp, last minute goal to do so.

• Just managed to scrape a 1-1 draw with part-time minnows, Berwick Rangers at Shielfield Park.

• Just managed to scrape a 1-0 win against part-time minnows, Forres Mechanics at Mosset Park - after Forres were reduced to ten men.

• Just managed to scrape a 0-0 draw with part-time minnows, Annan Athletic at Galabank. Despite being 5 games into the season, and playing in the basement rungs of Scottish football with SPL players we were still without an away win, sitting fourth in the table.

• Horsed out of the Ramsdens Pawnbrokers Cup by Queen Of The South 4-3 on penalties after failing to beat them over 120 minutes of turgid clogging.

• Beaten 1-0 by a Stirling Albion side, nestled snugly at the base of Scottish football's fourth tier, and who had just lost their previous five games on the trot.

• Finally managed an away win in the fourth tier by scraping a narrow win against 10-man Clyde at Broadwood.

• Horsed out of the League Cup by Inverness Caley Thistle who trounced us 3-0 at Ibrox. The scoreline was kept to 3-0 only by an outstanding performance from Neil Alexander, without whom it could easily have been 5 or 6.

• Just managed to scrape a 1-0 win against 10-man Queens Park at Hampden - needing a last gasp, 92nd minute, injury time goal to do so.

• Just managed to scrape a 1-1 draw with part-time minnows Elgin City at Ibrox - after Elgin had been reduced to 10 men.

• Just managed to scrape a narrow 1-0 win over 10-man Peterhead at Balmoor, with a Fran Sandaza tap-in (his first goal in five months) after keeper Graeme Smith had spilled the ball.

• Just managed to scrape a 1-1 draw with Montrose at Ibrox - needing an own goal from Montrose's Jonathan Crawford to do so.

• Knocked out of the Scottish Cup, after being absolutely destroyed 3-0 by Dundee Utd - the same team that knocked us out of the cup the previous year.

• Just managed to scrape a 1-1 draw with part-time minnows, Stirling Albion at Forthbank - when Stirling were sitting joint bottom of the fourth tier. We managed just 1 point out of a potential 6 at Forthbank that season.

• Gubbed 2-1 at Ibrox by an Annan Athletic, a side sitting 34 points behind us, and nestled in second-bottom place at the base of Scottish football's fourth tier. It was only Annan's second away win of the season, having only won 7 league games out of 28 played thus far.

• Just managed to scrape a 1-0 win against part-time minnows, Elgin City at Borough Briggs, needing a 73rd minute penalty to do so.

• Just managed to scrape a 0-0 draw with part-time minnows, Stirling Albion at Ibrox.

• Just managed to scrape a 0-0 draw with part-time minnows, Montrose at Links Park - after Montrose had a perfectly legitimate winning volley from Martin Boyle disallowed.

• Gubbed 2-1 at Ibrox by Peterhead, the day after Charles Green stepped down.

• Horsed out of the League Cup in the first round by Forfar Athletic, 2-1 in extra time, after failing to beat them over 90 minutes.

• Just managed to scrape a 1-1 draw with Stranraer at Ibrox, needing a penalty in which to do so.

• Just managed to scrape a narrow 3-2 win over Arbroath at Ibrox, needing a penalty award to do so. This was after falling behind twice to the second-bottom placed team, who were FORTY FOUR points behind us prior to kick off.

• Just managed to scrape a 3-3 draw with Stenhousemuir at Ibrox, needing an own-goal by Ross McMillan to do so. That was after falling behind TWICE.

• Just managed to scrape a 1-0 win over East Fife at Bayview with a 95th minute goal, courtesy of a penalty.

• Just managed to scrape a 1-1 draw with Albion Rovers in the Scottish Cup at Ibrox.

• Losing the Ramsdens Pawnbrokers Cup Final in extra time to Raith Rovers.

The rest they say is history ! :sherlock:

None of that has anything to do with whether or not he should be at Ibrox for the celebrations though.

Should Greig be there?

29 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Personally, I'd invite all players and coaching staff involved over the last four years to the final home game.

Dude .I think you would find a lot stars there at present ,would be very unhappy with this .They have all put in the graft to achieve success .Can you imagine these guys shaking hands with Ian black and others who were total losers .Cmon 

5 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

None of that has anything to do with whether or not he should be at Ibrox for the celebrations though.

Should Greig be there?

Couldnae give a fuck who's there really because it widnae surprise me who they invited ! Am sayin ye miss the ally managerial years they kept you on yer toes ok !:sherlock:

if you were a greggs manager, would you hand back all of your wages if you failed to make it the best greggs in the city? no . You wouldn't. THerefore, don't try and act like some sort of moral hero by saying Ally should pay his wages back.

I know football wages are on a different level, but if it was a smaller club with a wage equivalent to the living wage for a manager then it would be embarassing to demand the same demand

I wouldn't be surprised if MW and DW have a drink with Ally behind closed scenes after the semi and maybe during the summer

I would be surprised if Ally was publically celebrating at Ibrox unless he was in Directors box - - I highly highly doubt any member of this squad would be annoyed to see Ally celebrating at Ibrox-  maybe would be annoyed if Kevin Kyle Ian Black etc. all show up for a pat on the back (they wont)

I am not sure what Ally McCoist's attendance as an official guest brings to the Party. I think it will be a distraction with a media circus of its own. MW and DW created this years success and so should be a central part of any focus. Ally has had his time and opportunities as the focus of attention. As others have said he can buy his own ticket to celebrate - and doing so would probably win him more respect than a free ticket in the Directors Box.