Ally included in celebrations?

2 minutes ago, Vwbear said:

If mccoist is there i wont be and I know a lot who will feel the same

that's delusional - if thats what defines Ibrox and the matchday for you I don' tthink you would be missed -this is 2016 mate not 2015

we dson't need plastic fans

5 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Dude .I think you would find a lot stars there at present ,would be very unhappy with this .They have all put in the graft to achieve success .Can you imagine these guys shaking hands with Ian black and others who were total losers .Cmon 

I don't see why any current players would be very unhappy at this. It takes absolutely nothing away from what they've done this season. It's nothing more than an opportunity to close the book on four years that no Rangers supporter will have to see anything like again. 

In time the 'journey' will be much romanticised again and in all honesty will likely be the most discussed period of our history for decades to come. Next season we get back to a sense of normality in that we're back to the same grounds we've been going to for decades, facing the same teams we've always faced and have he same expectations we always have. 

Don't want McCoist back to celebrate but the amount of shite on the facts posted above us a nonsense.

Everytime it's mentioned we were beat it's "Gubbed". Anytime we won it was "Just". Don't get us wrong he was abysmal as manager and totally agree but hate when you need to reinforce the point. 

8 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

I think there is a chance of disorder in the stands if McCoist was to appear, opinion is very polarised on here at least. 

And disorder in the stands at Ibrox would be right up the Scottish media's street.

I've never heard anything close to this offline. Even guys who were vocal in their opposition to McCoist as manager haven't suggested there'd be disorder if he was to return to Ibrox. 

If the club's greatest goalscorer brings a risk of "disorder" then there's something seriously fucked with out support.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I've never heard anything close to this offline. Even guys who were vocal in their opposition to McCoist as manager haven't suggested there'd be disorder if he was to return to Ibrox. 

If the club's greatest goalscorer brings a risk of "disorder" then there's something seriously fucked with out support.

Well that's just like, your opinion, man.

39 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

You miss the ally managerial years it kept you on your toes !

• Surrendered a colossal 15 point lead to Celtic in the SPL, overturned in just 7 weeks (5th Nov - 24th Dec 2011). By 8th Feb 2012 Celtic were 10 points ahead - a total swing of 25 points in just 12 weeks or so.

• Knocked out of the League Cup, beaten 3-2 by 1st Division outfit, Falkirk.

• Knocked out of the Scottish Cup, beaten 2-0 by Dundee Utd.

• Knocked out of the Champions League by Swedish minnows, Malmo.

• Knocked out of the Europa League by Slovenian minnows, Maribor.

• Gubbed 1-0 by Kilmarnock in our first game after going into Administration. Over the following 3 weeks we were also beaten 2-1 by Hearts and 2-1 by Dundee Utd.

• Just managed to narrowly scrape a 2-1 win against part-time minnows, Brechin City in the Ramsdens Pawnbrokers Cup at Glebe Park - needing a last gasp, extra time goal to do so.

• Just managed to scrape a 2-2 draw with part-time minnows, Peterhead at Balmoor - needing a last gasp, last minute goal to do so.

• Just managed to scrape a 1-1 draw with part-time minnows, Berwick Rangers at Shielfield Park.

• Just managed to scrape a 1-0 win against part-time minnows, Forres Mechanics at Mosset Park - after Forres were reduced to ten men.

• Just managed to scrape a 0-0 draw with part-time minnows, Annan Athletic at Galabank. Despite being 5 games into the season, and playing in the basement rungs of Scottish football with SPL players we were still without an away win, sitting fourth in the table.

• Horsed out of the Ramsdens Pawnbrokers Cup by Queen Of The South 4-3 on penalties after failing to beat them over 120 minutes of turgid clogging.

• Beaten 1-0 by a Stirling Albion side, nestled snugly at the base of Scottish football's fourth tier, and who had just lost their previous five games on the trot.

• Finally managed an away win in the fourth tier by scraping a narrow win against 10-man Clyde at Broadwood.

• Horsed out of the League Cup by Inverness Caley Thistle who trounced us 3-0 at Ibrox. The scoreline was kept to 3-0 only by an outstanding performance from Neil Alexander, without whom it could easily have been 5 or 6.

• Just managed to scrape a 1-0 win against 10-man Queens Park at Hampden - needing a last gasp, 92nd minute, injury time goal to do so.

• Just managed to scrape a 1-1 draw with part-time minnows Elgin City at Ibrox - after Elgin had been reduced to 10 men.

• Just managed to scrape a narrow 1-0 win over 10-man Peterhead at Balmoor, with a Fran Sandaza tap-in (his first goal in five months) after keeper Graeme Smith had spilled the ball.

• Just managed to scrape a 1-1 draw with Montrose at Ibrox - needing an own goal from Montrose's Jonathan Crawford to do so.

• Knocked out of the Scottish Cup, after being absolutely destroyed 3-0 by Dundee Utd - the same team that knocked us out of the cup the previous year.

• Just managed to scrape a 1-1 draw with part-time minnows, Stirling Albion at Forthbank - when Stirling were sitting joint bottom of the fourth tier. We managed just 1 point out of a potential 6 at Forthbank that season.

• Gubbed 2-1 at Ibrox by an Annan Athletic, a side sitting 34 points behind us, and nestled in second-bottom place at the base of Scottish football's fourth tier. It was only Annan's second away win of the season, having only won 7 league games out of 28 played thus far.

• Just managed to scrape a 1-0 win against part-time minnows, Elgin City at Borough Briggs, needing a 73rd minute penalty to do so.

• Just managed to scrape a 0-0 draw with part-time minnows, Stirling Albion at Ibrox.

• Just managed to scrape a 0-0 draw with part-time minnows, Montrose at Links Park - after Montrose had a perfectly legitimate winning volley from Martin Boyle disallowed.

• Gubbed 2-1 at Ibrox by Peterhead, the day after Charles Green stepped down.

• Horsed out of the League Cup in the first round by Forfar Athletic, 2-1 in extra time, after failing to beat them over 90 minutes.

• Just managed to scrape a 1-1 draw with Stranraer at Ibrox, needing a penalty in which to do so.

• Just managed to scrape a narrow 3-2 win over Arbroath at Ibrox, needing a penalty award to do so. This was after falling behind twice to the second-bottom placed team, who were FORTY FOUR points behind us prior to kick off.

• Just managed to scrape a 3-3 draw with Stenhousemuir at Ibrox, needing an own-goal by Ross McMillan to do so. That was after falling behind TWICE.

• Just managed to scrape a 1-0 win over East Fife at Bayview with a 95th minute goal, courtesy of a penalty.

• Just managed to scrape a 1-1 draw with Albion Rovers in the Scottish Cup at Ibrox.

• Losing the Ramsdens Pawnbrokers Cup Final in extra time to Raith Rovers.

The rest they say is history ! :sherlock:

Spot on mate.

Ally Mcoist was a poor football manager but he was a great leader in our time of crisis. We needed someone when we were all traumatised by events and Ally stood up for our club and helped to galvanise the fans as best as he possibly could have.I  think he was instrumental in refusing to give up our titles and we should be eternally gratefully for that alone. He may have made the wrong choices at the end of his tenure but when you compare what he did for the club as a player and as a leader in time of crisis then in my opinion he will always be a legend in my eyes. He gave me some of the greatest moments and experiences I'm my time following Rangers. 

If you choose to continue to hate Ally after all he has contributed to the club then the that is your right as a fan. 

He will always be a legend in my eyes.

3 hours ago, DeanMK said:

And so he should be. Helped steer us out of the storm in 2012. Albeit it into another one.

Nothing like being selective and conveniently forgetting that under his tenure we threw away a 15 point lead to the Bheasts in under 8 weeks and within 12 weeks they were 10 points in front. He should have been sacked for that alone.

Ally did nothing to merit getting the job. Simply being a club legend as a player doesn't mean you automatically qualify for one the biggest managerial jobs in the world without having at least cut your teeth or proven yourself elsewhere...but Walter and SDM have a lot to answer for there.

2 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

Nothing like being selective and conveniently forgetting that under his tenure we threw away a 15 point lead to the Bheasts in under 8 weeks and within 12 weeks they were 10 points in front. He should have been sacked for that alone.

Ally did nothing to merit getting the job. Simply being a club legend as a player doesn't mean you automatically qualify for one the biggest managerial jobs in the world without having at least cut your teeth or proven yourself elsewhere...but Walter and SDM have a lot to answer for there.

Not being selective at all. I never said I rated him as a manager. Nothing close to it. I didn't actually agree with him being given the job at the time. Nor do I commend any of his managerial skills whatsoever. I do however believe he was instrumental in getting us going again in Div 3. He was a figurehead, nothing more. But he kept everyone reassured when we thought we might be seeing a season without football. 

He was a dreadful manager. The circumstances surrounding his tenure would have had little impact, if any. His salary was ridiculous but that was down to the largesse of that dick Bain. The fact that he continued to take it from us when effectively sacked will always stick in my craw. We needed more than he did. Worst Rangers manager ever.

The campaign to reintegrate the dud is well under way.

His msm friends are getting him into print and testing the waters for his resurgence. I expect him to be in a studio for the beast game.

I would rather stop despising him tbh, but this will only happen when the anger reduces over time. Too raw now.

He deserves nothing from us now, and should be included in no way in any celebrations. He is a failure, a costly failure, and our success this year is because we got rid of him and got capable people in.

If folk want to reminisce over his time as a player fine, but that's not what this is about. It's about his part in the journey. Of all that happened during the last few years the biggest embarrassments were caused by him. His players, his teams, his failures.

And then he chose to take the fully paid gardening pay from his strapped beloved club. Aye right. Indefensible.

Hope he doesn't darken our doors for many a year, and certainly shouldn't be invited by any one associated with Rangers to do so at present.

Just now, D'Artagnan said:

Im not going to get into this disorder debate Dude - but I would express my concern, that you, like quite  a few others, seem to think that his legendary status (rightfully earned during his career) cancels out automatically all the negative things about both his performance and conduct as a Rangers manager.

If by conduct you mean taking a contractual entitlement then you're right. I certainly wouldn't quit a job and forfeit anything I'm entitled to under the terms of that contract. Funnily enough we get all pissy when players break their contract but demand it when it suits. 

Ive spoken about his performance a number of times and agreed with the vast majority it was time for him to go when he finally gave notice.

I would have to say "NO"...His greed and his ass kissing to those who hate us tarnishes his hard earned LEGEND status almost beyond repair. It is sad but that is my feelings on it..Far too soon to forgive him even now after the high of tuesday..He contributed nothing to this Seasons success so deserves to do any celebrations in private with whoever he likes..

4 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

The campaign to reintegrate the dud is well under way.

His msm friends are getting him into print and testing the waters for his resurgence. I expect him to be in a studio for the beast game.

I would rather stop despising him tbh, but this will only happen when the anger reduces over time. Too raw now.

He deserves nothing from us now, and should be included in no way in any celebrations. He is a failure, a costly failure, and our success this year is because we got rid of him and got capable people in.

If folk want to reminisce over his time as a player fine, but that's not what this is about. It's about his part in the journey. Of all that happened during the last few years the biggest embarrassments were caused by him. His players, his teams, his failures.

And then he chose to take the fully paid gardening pay from his strapped beloved club. Aye right. Indefensible.

Hope he doesn't darken our doors for many a year, and certainly shouldn't be invited by any one associated with Rangers to do so at present.

Employees don't tend to "choose" gardening leave. That's the employers choice. 

How do you suggest he stopped his gardening leave without being in breach of contract?

Its a title celebration for this year's performance.

Ally had the title celebrations for the two he won. His star burns bright and he is a divisive figure just now so any anything more than a place in the crowd would take away from what this specific team and manager have done.

8 minutes ago, The Dude said:

If by conduct you mean taking a contractual entitlement then you're right. I certainly wouldn't quit a job and forfeit anything I'm entitled to under the terms of that contract. Funnily enough we get all pissy when players break their contract but demand it when it suits. 

Ive spoken about his performance a number of times and agreed with the vast majority it was time for him to go when he finally gave notice.

Actually I was thinking more of the pitiful excuses and apportioning blame on others for his ineptitude  and the teams sub standard performances

For being every bit as greedy as the others who availed themselves of cheap shares - earning them the nickname of Spivs.

For spending money on players and wages who added zero value to the club and failed to do what was asked of them leaving his eventual replacement with a huge rebuilding job.