*****The Official Rangers v Them thread*****

VallancesDog

6 minutes ago, desman75 said:

My gut feeling is that they will want to use brute force and lump high balls in to the box, again using overtly physical challenges to win the headers.

If the single supporter I have on my FB is anything to go by then all I see is that they think whole officials line up is in our favour and that some conspiracy is in place to always allow us to win by any means necessary. It seems the excuses are out in numbers already, I see Dhelila has even stated in the press that he hopes the game isn't won or lost on a dodgy decision.... for this reason I would prefer the game (no matter the result) to end with 22 players still on that pitch. I don't think I have seen the likes of a battle in the middle since the early days of Souness, Halliday and the thug opposite is going to be some emotive battle!

What about Ferguson v Lennon? 

But you are right , a link popped up on facebook where the bheasts had already worked out that one of the linesmen was a Tory voter :lol:

14 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

I'd like the people who aren't confident about this game to come out with a detailed explanation of why? Not just the bigger budget or higher league pish. The playing squad, man for man, style etc etc.

We are going to win this match, of that I have no doubt.

Missing a key player who was our top scorer and one of our best players I think is a big miss especially his versatility being able to drift or come in more centrally. If Miller isn’t getting any joy or takes a knock we are left with Clark or Shiels to play up top and that gives me nightmares because both are mince. The worry about Forrester too comes into play, the boy’s leg was strapped and he was hobbling about the pitch yesterday and I’m not sure you can recover from that in a week but fingers crossed.

I was also more confident before our defence seemed to turn to shit, even yesterday the ball came in our box and instead of Kiernan thumping it away he tried to head it in the box and it resulted in a near goal.  

This isn’t to say I don’t think we can win or anything, I want nothing more than a win and just because I don’t say we will run over them does it mean I am devaluing our achievements or progress under Warburton. A fully fit 11 and we would win of that I am positive but sadly we are missing one of our best and possibly one of our in form players in Forrester.

8 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Missing a key player who was our top scorer and one of our best players I think is a big miss especially his versatility being able to drift or come in more centrally. If Miller isn’t getting any joy or takes a knock we are left with Clark or Shiels to play up top and that gives me nightmares because both are mince. The worry about Forrester too comes into play, the boy’s leg was strapped and he was hobbling about the pitch yesterday and I’m not sure you can recover from that in a week but fingers crossed.

I was also more confident before our defence seemed to turn to shit, even yesterday the ball came in our box and instead of Kiernan thumping it away he tried to head it in the box and it resulted in a near goal.  

This isn’t to say I don’t think we can win or anything, I want nothing more than a win and just because I don’t say we will run over them does it mean I am devaluing our achievements or progress under Warburton. A fully fit 11 and we would win of that I am positive but sadly we are missing one of our best and possibly one of our in form players in Forrester.

Forrester is going to be fine according to the website and yes your right about waggy, thats my biggest concern too. 

Fuck knows why our defence has decided to hit a bad yin recently :lol:

I just think its meant to be mate, I really do and have never felt like this as much as I do about a match, I'll admit I probably see celtic play more than I want to due to my uncle being a tim and I spend a bit of time in my aunts, they are fucking woeful. Cant disagree with your points though (tu)

33 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

I'd like the people who aren't confident about this game to come out with a detailed explanation of why? Not just the bigger budget or higher league pish. The playing squad, man for man, style etc etc.

Swaying between results here and I know for a fact we can win and should! It's just our defence that makes me doubt it.

if we can ship 9 goals in 3 games against shite teams I dread to think what happens on Sunday if they make a cock up.

if we keep it tight at the back we can win 2 or 3 - 1 

if our defence are shit we could get beat 4-2

5 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Forrester is going to be fine according to the website and yes your right about waggy, thats my biggest concern too. 

Fuck knows why our defence has decided to hit a bad yin recently :lol:

I just think its meant to be mate, I really do and have never felt like this as much as I do about a match, I'll admit I probably see celtic play more than I want to due to my uncle being a tim and I spend a bit of time in my aunts, they are fucking woeful. Cant disagree with your points though (tu)

If we win this it would be the best feeling since Aluko slayed the bastarts.

We can win this game,  we should win this game and in my opinion we will win this game.  They know that we are a completely different animal from last season and that gives us an edge.  Their defence is creaky and their midfield can easily be nullified by our passing game. They don't look as fit as we are,  so the last 10 /15 minutes will be key,  brown will be blowing out his arse if he's still on the park. We have to be clinical with our passing and our finishing.  Gordon is still a top keeper.  We cannot be complacent,  it will be a hard match.  We are fortunate that our league season is effectively done.  Our biggest game is this one. 

One thing which I think will be of be for to us is in the last two games the players have connected so much with the fans and done two lap of honours , there will and determination to give it their best for us in the stands will be there I have no doubt ,I know it is a cliche but sometimes in these games that can mean a lot and I just feel there is such a good feeling around our club it is just destined to be :uk:

The pitch won't do us any favours, if Forrester is fit, then I reckon we'll win and win well IMO, but to miss Forrester due to injury along with Waggy, coupled with King and MoH being cuptied, it makes the game harder for us to impose ourselves going forward.

We need big games from McKay, Miller and Holt in particular, but they're there to be gotten at, Other than the Thumb and the City lad, the rest are bang average, and their defence is one of the worst I've seen in all honesty.

Our toughest test this season, but we've come through every one always performing well, this will be no different.

3-1 Rangers

46 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

I wouldn't say I wasn't confident, more that I am concerned with our propensity to give away sloppy goals. My concerns going into the match has nothing to do with what the savilles will bring and more to do with our defensive frailties. Our passing and movement is light years ahead of anything else in Scotland at this moment. Even with them having two holding midfielders I fancy us to have most of the ball and dictate the tempo of the game, it's well within our ability to give this mob a right good pumping. The problem is how we cope when we are put under pressure, which we will be at some point in the match. Anyone who doesn't think this is a step up from Raith, Falkirk and Hivs etc is kidding themselves, we can't afford to be gifting them free goals like we have been doing in the championship. So for me the game hinges on the back line staying focused and getting the basics right. I am confident we will put two past them, it's how many we concede in return that has me worried.

P.s My first post was tongue in cheek, hence why I put a fishing rod at the end of it. I thought it was pretty obvious but in hindsight maybe I should have put "/s" at the end, seeing as it's caught out quite a few, so apologies to those who got their jimmies rustled.

There is no pressure on us whatsoever but I still want to win it.

I was confident standing in Falkirk at half time but since then the defence has gave me the fear. I'm one of Wilson and Kiernans biggest fans but by god yesterday was another eye opener. After the 2nd Peterhead got a corner n it went right over about 8 of our players giving the guy a free header which was cleared off the line. The 2nd half there was a simple punt up the pitch it cleared Kiernan and Tav because he was so far up the pitch and their player was in the box without even touching the ball. It needs sorted. 

However if we are on top of our game it will go the same way the 4-2 Hibs game did (without the sending off)! Simply we will score more than you. I hope when one wing back goes the other stays which means we have 3 defenders and a CDM as cover and let the attackers do their business. 

Forrester and Miller if they are on their game will win it for us. McKay needs to up his game considerably. Been very poor the past 3 IMO. Only went by his man once yesterday. 

31 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

One thing which I think will be of be for to us is in the last two games the players have connected so much with the fans and done two lap of honours , there will and determination to give it their best for us in the stands will be there I have no doubt ,I know it is a cliche but sometimes in these games that can mean a lot and I just feel there is such a good feeling around our club it is just destined to be :uk:

Your first sentence just ruined my life there wtf do you mean lol?

Due to the size of the match, I cannot see either manager going for the jugular from the start but the best thing that could happen for us would be an early goal. The bheggar support would immediately be on the team and Deila's backs. Hampden would be in full voice with the Bears chorus (look how quiet their support were at the last Hampden game when the bastards were winning) and I can see them losing their shape on the pitch as the pressure of trying to pull a goal back escalates. 

We cannot allow any of the same sloppy mistakes and mental lapses we saw yesterday. Peterhead had at least two gilt edge opportunities for goals in the first half alone. Griffiths, as much as he is a cunt, is lethal in those situations.

2 hours ago, SimshillBear said:

Forrester will be fine lads 

“I should be ok, my leg is a bit sore but I’ll be in again next week and we’ll go again.” From the official club website 

Good news.  Have a hunch the wee man is gonna be a match winner.

They'll come out arrogant and over co fixed end and leave plenty of space for us to pass the ball about. We'll punish them again and again and again. 

I can see us scoring 2 or 3 easily. The final result will  depend on which Danny Wilson turns up. 

13 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

There is no pressure on us whatsoever but I still want to win it.

I was confident standing in Falkirk at half time but since then the defence has gave me the fear. I'm one of Wilson and Kiernans biggest fans but by god yesterday was another eye opener. After the 2nd Peterhead got a corner n it went right over about 8 of our players giving the guy a free header which was cleared off the line. The 2nd half there was a simple punt up the pitch it cleared Kiernan and Tav because he was so far up the pitch and their player was in the box without even touching the ball. It needs sorted. 

However if we are on top of our game it will go the same way the 4-2 Hibs game did (without the sending off)! Simply we will score more than you. I hope when one wing back goes the other stays which means we have 3 defenders and a CDM as cover and let the attackers do their business. 

Forrester and Miller if they are on their game will win it for us. McKay needs to up his game considerably. Been very poor the past 3 IMO. Only went by his man once yesterday. 

On this point I think we will see more conservative performances from both Tav and Wallace, they won't sit in like every other team in the championship and that will lead to a more balanced performance from those two I think. 

I think it's vital we score the first goal so we're not chasing the game and leaving ourselves even more exposed at the back. 

I would honestly change the formation for this to give the defence that much needed help. I would possibly go with five at the back with the 3 centre backs and two wingbacks. That might give tav and  wallace more room to go and exploit when they are attacking. It will be a 4-3-3 we go its just that formation can sometimes leave us horribly exposed. I can see this being a very open game with probably lots of goals at either end. I seen that partick roberts on sportscene yesterday and he looked a player who could give our defence a few headaches. Mark him and and the thumb out the game and I am confident of the win.

I'm genuinely worried about this game, the team yesterday with dom ball sitting, still looked really shaky at times and the inability to defend set pieces is ridiculous! 

All I'm hoping is that they have a bad day in front of goal and we don't!

The pitch was slow yesterday and presumably will be worse this weekend, meaning they are likely to throw long balls into the box which we've shown over the season, we really struggle with!

Would love to horse them, fingers crossed i'm completely wrong and wilson/kiernan remember how to concentrate for a full game