Parking Hampden

TBJB85

19 minutes ago, TBJB85 said:

Having to take the car on Sunday :hanged: where is best place to park if anywhere? Always been on the bus and socially confused by the time I got there  :cheers:

Could do worse than come of the M8 to M77 then over to Crossmyloof Ice Rink, should be parking in the area and its about a 20 minute walk up Minard Road and Langside up to the ground,   Would keep you well away from the tarriers.

1 hour ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Could do worse than come of the M8 to M77 then over to Crossmyloof Ice Rink, should be parking in the area and its about a 20 minute walk up Minard Road and Langside up to the ground,   Would keep you well away from the tarriers.

Crossmyloof Ice Rink has been away for like 30 years. There's a Morrisons supermarket on the site with a big car park though so its a good suggestion.

3 hours ago, weeneily said:

Crossmyloof Ice Rink has been away for like 30 years. There's a Morrisons supermarket on the site with a big car park though so its a good suggestion.

So have I but heard they had built a new one.....  silly me been in that Morrisons as well, auld age.

If you can be there around 14:00 you'll get a space in Holmlea rd (5min walk), Carmunock Rd/Broadwood Dr at the church/graveyard area (10 min walk), all far enough away from the mhankys and easy enough for getting away. 

6 minutes ago, crazybawz said:

If you can be there around 14:00 you'll get a space in Holmlea rd (5min walk), Carmunock Rd/Broadwood Dr at the church/graveyard area (10 min walk), all far enough away from the mhankys and easy enough for getting away. 

What if he wants to see the game though?

Morissons at Crossmyloof is a good shout. There's also a wee Tesco just off the roundabout at Church on the Hill.

It was only Sunday, when for the first time, I was sat in their end of Hampden, that I realised how superior we are to those hang-outs, even in ticket allocation; we're in the Southside end, facing the Shawlands area where we have numerous bars and pubs. They've got ASDA.

22 minutes ago, bears fan said:

Driving also, was hoping to park at a relatives just off Aitkenhead Rd, is this a bad idea, will that side be full of them.

Aikenhead Road will be, yes, but if your relative stays just off it, I'm assuming in the Polmadie area, then you should be able to join on at Cathcart Road and walk along to our end.

To be honest, personally, I wouldn't risk it. If you do, don't wear colours.

17 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Aikenhead Road will be, yes, but if your relative stays just off it, I'm assuming in the Polmadie area, then you should be able to join on at Cathcart Road and walk along to our end.

To be honest, personally, I wouldn't risk it. If you do, don't wear colours.

Thanks for that, won't risk it as will have colours on, need to park elsewhere.

16 hours ago, weeneily said:

It's a bit of a walk from Hampden though. I would suggest Muirend, plenty of bus links and train to Mt Florida. Although, it is only a 25 minute walk.