*** Official Snooker World Championship Thread ***

Just noticed this starts today. Anyone watching? 

First Round Draw

Stuart Bingham v Ali Carter
Stephen Maguire v Alan McManus
Ricky Walden v Robbie Williams
John Higgins v Ryan Day
Judd Trump v Liang Wenbo
Martin Gould v Ding Junhui
Mark Williams v Graeme Dott
Neil Robertson v Michael Holt
Shaun Murphy v Anthony McGill
Marco Fu v Peter Ebdon
Barry Hawkins v Zhang Anda
Ronnie O'Sullivan v David Gilbert
Mark Allen v Mitchell Mann
Joe Perry v Kyren Wilson
Michael White v Sam Baird
Mark Selby v Robert Milkins

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't be surprised if Hearn and World Snooker either bring in a shot clock feature or give the refs the power to encourage players to play a fucking shot rather than stand looking at the table for nearly 2 minutes before every shot.

Selby is the most boring win at all costs player to have picked up a cue..He literally bored Marco Fu to death in their Semi Final and he will do the exact same to Ding who imho deserves to win it this year..

I love a good tactical battle with excellent safety..but FFS Selby is beyond a fucking joke..

50 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Hearn and World Snooker either bring in a shot clock feature or give the refs the power to encourage players to play a fucking shot rather than stand looking at the table for nearly 2 minutes before every shot.

Selby is the most boring win at all costs player to have picked up a cue..He literally bored Marco Fu to death in their Semi Final and he will do the exact same to Ding who imho deserves to win it this year..

I love a good tactical battle with excellent safety..but FFS Selby is beyond a fucking joke..

He's not that slow...

5 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

He's not that slow...

3 minutes ago, LeeWallaceRFC said:

He's a hell of a lot quicker than Ebdon.

You'd be equally tactical if you were playing for that much money. The frames last night were boring because of the safety play, but Selby on his day is very good to watch.

Perhaps I was a little harsh on Selby..??..But the only re racks Iv'e seen this Tournament have always involved him...He can indeed be pretty fluid and his safety is also pretty good, I would prefer to see Ding win it though..His wee twitchy eye trick is well impressive..Plus having to play 3 Qualifying games then winning it would be a pretty decent achievement..