*** Official Snooker World Championship Thread ***

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great Point regarding mentality Davis & Hendry discussed that very fact acknowledging the likes of O'Sullivan just don't get it even when the field is strong from R1 just being there 17 days is the first thing to overcome never mind who your facing or what you have to overcome in a game more so at the business end .

21 minutes ago, goaaaal said:

On another note even when Steve Davis was still qualifying for major tournaments well after his peak he usually went a couple of rounds then it's off ti the commentary box.

One year in the B&H Masters he was up against O,Sullivan who was playing well way out in front frame wise to the tune of six or so needing only a few it looked odds on SD was out I'M Sullivan was being a right Arsehole with his arrogance SD started what I can only describe as one of the greatest comebacks I've ever watched he kept OSullivan in his seat rattled off a winning run & beat the cunt the look on his face as Davis triumphed was brilliant it was a clear lesson in respect after his showing off & blatant disrespect of Davis iha & a topless bird jumped in n front of the camera from the crowd just for good effect .

What a game that was I reckon that quietly steeled Steve Davis for a few years as it showed a decent return of form after being a bit of an also ran despite his achievements that solidified his presence in tourneys.

Ha ha, I remember that! I used to think Davis was a bit of a knob, but I quite like him now. 

11 minutes ago, Craigyboy9 said:

Ha ha, I remember that! I used to think Davis was a bit of a knob, but I quite like him now. 

If anyone was a robot it was Steve Davis  & Hendry to an extent I mind Davis faced more hostility because of his initial ruthless streak but a superb player like Hendry who had to work hard to win a lot of people over despite their far superior game for the times they broke through more so Davis the crowds were probably more acceptive of Hendry as he was so young having came to prominence on Junior Pot Black.

3 hours ago, blueballss said:

8-2 up against Ronnie, Ronnie makes it 8-8, the greatest ever hits 147 in deciding frame!!

Remember staying up late to watch it on ITV. Had school the next day but was well worth being  tired for. One of the greatest matches I ever saw. ??