*** Official Snooker World Championship Thread ***

3 hours ago, Inigo said:

Aye, I know. But is he rhabid or is he not so rhabid? Just trying to set my hatred to the appropriate level here.

A got you, tbh not sure, 'set phasers to stun' rather than 'set phasers to malky' level I think

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Ah cheers but who is front row Brian? I assumed it was a Sheff Wed shirt since the tournament is in Sheffield but now that I think about it I think you see him in other tournaments too. Who is he and how does he always get that same seat?

I read about him a while back, his name's Brian Wright and he's a snooker-loopy sky blue who's been going to The Crucible for years. I think he bought a life ticket when he first started going way back. He always wears a different Cov City shirt for each tournament.

Music aficionados... Is this actually any good as a piece of music? Find it impossible not to just be hypnotised into thinking about snooker when I listen to it.

1 minute ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

He has won three of the last 4 championships he is the best in the world now and is young enough to go further than anyone else has in world titles won 

Can't see it to be honest. If what they say about the numbers of Chinese playing the game is true. 

31 minutes ago, Craigyboy9 said:

Can't see it to be honest. If what they say about the numbers of Chinese playing the game is true. 

Selby is world number one for a reason he is much better than anyone else is.

Now best in history is debatable but honestly I think he will prove to be the top star of all time certainly in terms of titles won.

1 hour ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

He has won three of the last 4 championships he is the best in the world now and is young enough to go further than anyone else has in world titles won 

The standard is nowhere near what it was when Hendry was playing in 90's and 00's. Hendry at his best would destroy Selby quite easily of that I have no doubt. ??

5 minutes ago, B1872 said:

The standard is nowhere near what it was when Hendry was playing in 90's and 00's. Hendry at his best would destroy Selby quite easily of that I have no doubt. ??

I would say that the standard of player now is a lot closer than ever therefore Selby's dominance is even more impressive

5 hours ago, B1872 said:

Hendry had 7 tournaments a year to build all those records , this lot have up to 35 a year and most are never getting near his records. Easily the greatest ever snooker player.

6 hours ago, B1872 said:

I don't think anyone 'destroys' Selby at his best tbh. He's too good an all-round player.

2 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

Hendrys 147 > o'sullivins 147

I like the Hendry O'Sullivan debate. It's kind of like comparing Jim Baxter to John Grieg. One is probably the most talented player ever seen at Ibrox, who should have won more and the other is an exceptional player with a work ethic and determination to succeed who did it all. 

3 minutes ago, Craigyboy9 said:

I like the Hendry O'Sullivan debate. It's kind of like comparing Jim Baxter to John Grieg. One is probably the most talented player ever seen at Ibrox, who should have won more and the other is an exceptional player with a work ethic and determination to succeed who did it all. 

Yeah definitely. I do pick hendry personally, and if I'm perfectly honest, Ronnie is kind of ruining it for me recently. I want for him to turn up, win the biggy and be gracious about it. He's most definitely got to win the other 2 in my eyes to be classed as the greatest, which I don't think he will. 

3 hours ago, Creampuff said:

I don't think anyone 'destroys' Selby at his best tbh. He's too good an all-round player.

Selby was giving Higgins 2/3 chances per frame. Hendry would only need one. 

18 minutes ago, Josef_Fritzl said:

wit kinda dick has a name like bojour bonjour ? Bonjour Bonjour means Hello Hello so thats understable,but bojour bonjour. Crazy

Nearly as much as a dick who has a known paedophile and child molester as his profile photo and name.

1 hour ago, B1872 said:

Selby was giving Higgins 2/3 chances per frame. Hendry would only need one. 

Don't watch it anymore, adored watching Hendry.

How many times was he right up against the baulk cushion, opponent feeling pretty comfortable only for Hendry to crash a red in on his way to another century.