FIFA 17 Ratings

Skyson1872

7 minutes ago, one55 said:

are we definitely in it this year? i skipped 16 cause if we aren't in it them i'm not interested.

also 17 will have the frostbite engine which i'm really looking forward to. i'd say it's one of the best out there in terms of graphics and animation. if you want to see what it's capable of then look at gameplay from the new Star Wars Battlefront game.

Yes we are in it because the Scottish league is in it.

With regards to the frostbite engine it's changed very little of the game judging by early code, slightly better facial images seems to be the only noticeable improvement going by the early video gameplay.

It still very much looks like FIFA 16  

22 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

With regards to the frostbite engine it's changed very little of the game judging by early code, slightly better facial images seems to be the only noticeable improvement going by the early video gameplay.

The corners, free kicks and pens are completely different. Pens are now like PES

Just now, Skyson1872 said:

The corners, free kicks and pens are completely different. Pens are now like PES

New systems but they don't look great tbh.

I doubt they would be the same as PES for penalties as that's probably the worst set piece method in football gaming. You can also run up to the ball in any direction for the pens in FIFA 17 which changes where the ball goes, that doesn't happen in PES 16

17 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

New systems but they don't look great tbh.

I doubt they would be the same as PES for penalties as that's probably the worst set piece method in football gaming. You can also run up to the ball in any direction for the pens in FIFA 17 which changes where the ball goes, that doesn't happen in PES 16

I seen a video of someone taking a pen on it, like the way they kicked the ball and how the keeper dived really reminded me of pes. I'll try find it.

1 minute ago, Skyson1872 said:

I seen a video of someone taking a pen on it, like the way they kicked the ball and how the keeper dived really reminded me of pes. I'll try find it.

No I seen it and the guy who was playing it said he didn't know how to take them and he scudded it wide.

In FIFA 17 you have free control over the players at penatlies and throw ins so you can do different run ups to change where the ball will go. That's never been the case in any football game before. It was also early code so I'm not sure it's going to look like the video we saw.

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

No I seen it and the guy who was playing it said he didn't know how to take them and he scudded it wide.

In FIFA 17 you have free control over the players at penatlies and throw ins so you can do different run ups to change where the ball will go. That's never been the case in any football game before. It was also early code so I'm not sure it's going to look like the video we saw.

Aw I never knew that, I thought it was just a really shitey run up action :lol: 

Just now, Skyson1872 said:

Aw I never knew that, I thought it was just a really shitey run up action :lol: 

Yeah only saw that one video of it, probably get more of an idea of it at Gamescon when folk will be filming at lot more footage.

I'm really hoping the footage we seen was earliest code possible. The visuals were almost identical to FIFA 16 and the nets didn't move when a goal went in :lol: was like a PS2 game.

I think the frostbite engine won't really be relevant or seen to do anthing majorly different until next years game.

4 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Yeah only saw that one video of it, probably get more of an idea of it at Gamescon when folk will be filming at lot more footage.

I'm really hoping the footage we seen was earliest code possible. The visuals were almost identical to FIFA 16 and the nets didn't move when a goal went in :lol: was like a PS2 game.

I think the frostbite engine won't really be relevant or seen to do anthing majorly different until next years game.

I want to see what the driven shots are like, that was one of the things I wanted a lot gameplay wise because in real life people can hit finesse shots but with power yet in fifa if you do it they just seem to float. 

Would have made more sense if they release fifa 17 on the same engine and just worked on FIFA 18 over 2 years instead of one using Frostbite.

• 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, The Monk said:

Interesting with the easports Twitter, we've pretty much been confirmed to be in it although it was never really in doubt.

Also both Rangers fans and tims have been messaging about Ibrox and paedo park being in the game and ea sports actually responded saying something alone the lines of "keep looking at our channels we'll have news soon". This is probably a generic response but they've never responded when fans have asked in the past. The easports Twitter has also started following Celtic on Twitter, would be fucking raging if they got their stadium and we didn't though :power_of_anguish:

Not getting my hopes up just yet but interesting nonetheless.

People that ask and beg them repeatedly are fucking pain in the arses.

I honestly can't wait to go us again in this game. I think we might have a good team for online aswell.

Full backs will be pacey. We will have pace on the wings and should have good ability in midfield with krancjar and barton and hopefully a bit of pace in the middle with windass. O Halloran should be blistering and Mckay's skills will hopefully be good. Havent checked Dodoo on 16 to get an idea of what he might be like.

1 hour ago, FlippinEck said:

I honestly can't wait to go us again in this game. I think we might have a good team for online aswell.

Full backs will be pacey. We will have pace on the wings and should have good ability in midfield with krancjar and barton and hopefully a bit of pace in the middle with windass. O Halloran should be blistering and Mckay's skills will hopefully be good. Havent checked Dodoo on 16 to get an idea of what he might be like.

He is currently 61 rated on H2H, quite fast, decent finishing and dribbling as well. I reckon he will go up to a 63 maybe. 

2 hours ago, FlippinEck said:

Doubt we will be all that great tbh. Mid 60's for most

On 20/06/2016 at 9:50 AM, The Godfather said:

Hate 16. Been playing 15 all this year. If 17 is like 16 then I give up lol. 

Slow defenders catching up with the likes of Messi, the turning is horribly slow, you hit the bar and post wayyy too often, and the crosses always magnet towards the keeper. 

On 23/07/2016 at 11:58 PM, BlueBearz1990 said:

Hate 16. Been playing 15 all this year. If 17 is like 16 then I give up lol. 

Slow defenders catching up with the likes of Messi, the turning is horribly slow, you hit the bar and post wayyy too often, and the crosses always magnet towards the keeper. 

With regards to the turning, I feel using the stepover and Cruyff turn all in the one movement can take 2 and even maybe 3 out of the passage of play if executed properly mate. With skillful players, doing the fake turn works a treat as they do it a fancier and quicker way.